Windows 10: Disable Windows 10 features update

Discus and support Disable Windows 10 features update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Would it be possible to permanently disable Windows 10 features update but allow security updates to take place normally. 174723 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ross Carter, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Disable Windows 10 features update

Would it be possible to permanently disable Windows 10 features update but allow security updates to take place normally.

:)

Ross Carter, Feb 22, 2021
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

Defer feature updates in Windows 10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 22, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

Disable Windows 10 features update

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Disable Windows 10 features update

1. Disable Windows 10 features update - Similar Threads - Disable features update

2. Windows 10 update to disable the unpopular ‘Shake to Minimize’ feature

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update to disable the unpopular ‘Shake to Minimize’ feature: One of the great things about Windows is how intuitive it is. The majority of its essential features can be easily accessed by the users and they’re also heavily promoted by Microsoft. There are some useful or unpopular features that are hidden away and Microsoft is now...
  3. How to disable Safeguard Hold for Feature Updates on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Safeguard Hold for Feature Updates on Windows 10: [ATTACH]A Safeguard Hold – also known as a compatibility hold or update block – is […] This article How to disable Safeguard Hold for Feature Updates on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Features Disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Features Disabled: A number of features have been disabled on my laptop, including my fingerprint sensor and Bluetooth. When I go to device manager, Bluetooth is under hidden devices and is grayed out. In settings, it does not give me the option to turn on Bluetooth again and it says Bluetooth...
  5. Disable installation of Feature Update 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable installation of Feature Update 2004: About 2 weeks ago, version 2004 showed up on the Updates list and automatically installed. Upon completion of the install, the computer was completely unusable: no application would load; those that started would hang and eventually 5 minutes fail. To attempt to remove the...
  6. How to force/disable Windows 10 feature updates ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to force/disable Windows 10 feature updates ?: Hi, Is there any way to force/disable Windows 10 feature updates from installing and only keep "Security only" updates ? This so called "Feature updates" are joke and introduce more and more bugs rather than fixes. Thanks submitted by /u/Green_Carnage [link]...
  7. How to disable windows update pause feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable windows update pause feature: I accidentally clicked the windows pause button. But I am interested to get the updates whenever Microsoft releases it. Is there any procedure to enable my daily updates...
  8. Disable feature updates (upgrades)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable feature updates (upgrades): Currently I have "regular" updates disabled via GP (and occasionally I do a manual check, which then downloads and installs them). 1. Does this setting also stop feature updates (like the upcoming "Creators update") from being automatically downloaded and installed? 2. If...
  9. Enable or Disable Pause Updates Feature in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Pause Updates Feature in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Pause Updates Feature in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Pause Updates Feature of Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows Update keeps Windows 10 updated by downloading and installing the latest updates, drivers, and hotfixes released by...
  10. Disabling the Windows 10 Auto-destruct feature?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling the Windows 10 Auto-destruct feature?: I've been on Windows 10 for nearly two weeks. I turned my back on it this morning, and when I returned in an hour it had done something which: Restored Windows setting almost to a clean install state (some video settings survived) Regresses an update to Google Chrome from...