Windows 10: Disable Windows 10 Gamebar from recording specific windows.

Discus and support Disable Windows 10 Gamebar from recording specific windows. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The worst thing is when you record for 2 hours and you go to look at your footage and you realize that you recorded your steam library page or your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pyr0spider, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Disable Windows 10 Gamebar from recording specific windows.

The worst thing is when you record for 2 hours and you go to look at your footage and you realize that you recorded your steam library page or your google searches for 2 whole hours because the game bar doesn't tell you what window its recording... All I want to do is make it so it records what I want it to. My gameplay. When you hit record it should ask you what window you want recorded. When you go to settings there should be a list of windows that you do not want recorded.

:)

Pyr0spider, Aug 24, 2019

2. Gamebar process problem

Yeah, Like many people here have commented I have disabled everything in relation to Windows Game mode, gamedvr and gamebar in the settings menu. When that failed to fix the issue, I disabled everything in the registry in relation to game mode, gamedvr and
    gamebar. That stupid gamebar presence process was still there. Then I used powershell to remove the xbox app. Still there. It only started doing this today. Please get rid of this crap and give me back control over what runs on my own computer.

Thanks.

GingerMonkey_891, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Gamebar process problem

Hi,

The Gamebar Presence Writer is automatically enabled on your computer if you opened the Game bar and play a game. This process allows you to record video clips from your games.

If you are playing a game and you want to disable the Gamebar Presence Writer, follow the steps below:

• Click Start, and then type Task Manager in the search box.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, look for Gamebar Presence Writer, and then press the
      End task button.

To disable Game bar, here are the steps:

• Launch Xbox app, and then go to Settings
      Disable Windows 10 Gamebar from recording specific windows. 3fdfc27e-d4eb-432c-a21e-4c317ca12d6d.jpg
    • Click Game DVR.
    • Turn off Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR.

If you have further queries, feel free to contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Disable Windows 10 Gamebar from recording specific windows.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Disable Windows 10 Gamebar from recording specific windows.

1. Disable Windows 10 Gamebar from recording specific windows. - Similar Threads - Disable Gamebar recording

2. Gamebar recording / playback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Gamebar recording / playback: Hi. Can anyone help with my kids pc. He uses gamebar to capture clips of his games. And the last week or so hes not been able to play them back. Just gets a pop up saying format not supported. Im not sure if they are even recoding but the timer is moving . Thanks...
  3. distorted audio in medium and longer recordings of games with XboxDVR \ Gamebar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    distorted audio in medium and longer recordings of games with XboxDVR \ Gamebar: I am wanting to use the xboxdvr on windows 10 to record games i play. However, if the capture time runs much longer than 5 minutes there will be sporadic audio distortion. The distortion lasts for a several minutes. If the video is much longer there will be several section...
  4. gamebar not recording my mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gamebar not recording my mic: my gamebar isnt recording my mic anymore but is recording my friends mics on discord and in game mics. how do i fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gamebar-not-recording-my-mic/e2e297e8-38c9-4e5c-b65c-29cdb0cd31e4
  5. Gamebar Recording error code 2184328705

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamebar Recording error code 2184328705: I have been using the Windows 10 Gamebar for a couple of months now recording my games and taking screen shots. All of a sudden I started receiving this error last night while trying to record a game. "Could not record Error 2184328705" A little help would be...
  6. Windows 10 Gamebar Recording it records my voice just fine but my friends voices are echoing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Gamebar Recording it records my voice just fine but my friends voices are echoing: So i usually record me and my friends at random times to have the memory but recently when i record it records my voice perfectly but when i play the video my friends voices echo. I dont understand why please help. I use Skype when i call my friends...
  7. GameBar wont let me "Record That"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GameBar wont let me "Record That": I have tried everything, changing the settings, going online and looking for awnsers, but nothing seems to work I am trying to use the "Record" that option on my PC, which has windows 10, while gaming. It does its thing and records the previous 30 seconds. But when I go...
  8. GameBar wont let me "Record That"

in Windows 10 Customization
    GameBar wont let me "Record That": I have tried everything, changing the settings, going online and looking for awnsers, but nothing seems to work I am trying to use the "Record" that option on my PC, which has windows 10, while gaming. It does its thing and records the previous 30 seconds. But when I go...
  9. App-Specific Playback and Recording Preferences

App-Specific Playback and Recording Preferences: 1803 brought a new feature in the sound settings... Apparently you can select preferred playback and recording devices based on apps. I use Nuance Dragon Medical Practice Edition with a Philips SpeechMike to dictate charts at the hospital. I set Dragon and the Philips Device...
  10. App-Specific Playback and Recording Preferences

App-Specific Playback and Recording Preferences: 1803 brought a new feature in the sound settings... Apparently you can select preferred playback and recording devices based on apps. I use Nuance Dragon Medical Practice Edition with a Philips SpeechMike to dictate charts at the hospital. I set Dragon and the Philips...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable gamebar presence writer gpedit