Windows 10: Disable Windows 10 Pro Updates

Discus and support Disable Windows 10 Pro Updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm running into an issue where the latest update of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit is causing an issue with my MS Word 2016 Clipboard. MS Windows team... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlateQuest, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Disable Windows 10 Pro Updates

I'm running into an issue where the latest update of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit is causing an issue with my MS Word 2016 Clipboard.

MS Windows team refuses to address the issue even after significant amounts of time spent trying to explain it to them. I keep getting transferred back and forth between the Windows and Office teams; with both sides refusing to admit/address the issue on their end.

How do I permanently disable Windows updates?

:)

AlateQuest, Jul 23, 2018
  2. Ubersonic Win User

Microsoft Decreasing Windows 10 Updates Downtime in Fall Creators Update

Businesses should really be using Windows 10 Pro not Home, that way they can disable either the automatic downloading of updates or the automatic rebooting (or both).

Ubersonic, Oct 13, 2018
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Disable Windows 10 Pro Updates

Windows 10 fully updated. Mouse freezes now and then.

do tell how you disabled everything. i want to disable all the 100s of random crap that win 10 comes with.

de.das.dude, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Disable Windows 10 Pro Updates

1. Disable Windows 10 Pro Updates - Similar Threads - Disable Pro Updates

2. Forced Update on Windows 10 PRO with auto updates disabled by group policy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forced Update on Windows 10 PRO with auto updates disabled by group policy: Hello Today I was using my Dell laptop as usual and after some time I wanted to shut it down. Instead of shutting down updates were installed(Before shutting it down there were no notifications or anything suggesting that updates are being downloaded etc.). This is weird...
  3. Disable Windows 10 Pro Update Automatic Restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable Windows 10 Pro Update Automatic Restart: I run a virtual server in VMware Workstation Pro on my Windows 10 Pro machine. It is mission critical for applications I serve for a non-profit, and should *NEVER* be shut down or rebooted byanyone or anything except me. Auto-reboot messes up my virtual server and takes down...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Update 2004 Disables Windows System Image Backup

Windows 10 Pro Update 2004 Disables Windows System Image Backup: Windows 10 Pro update 2004 causes Windows System Image to not work. After installing Windows 10 Update 2004, attempting to create a System Image Backup brings up the dialog box: “Where do you want to save the backup” and backup then fails displaying another dialog box with...
  5. How to Disable Windows Update Access in windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Disable Windows Update Access in windows 10 pro: on Windows 10 home there is no GPEDIT.msc like on the pro. there is another way by Disable Windows Update Access from registry just like GPEDIT ? thank you. submitted by /u/Shadowshoot [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows 10 Pro - Wifi and Bluetooth disabled

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro - Wifi and Bluetooth disabled: Hi! For some reason when I shut down my PC and turn it on again the "normal way" my wifi and bluetooth disable. Already tried re-enabling the adapters from the device manager but they appear greyed out and cannot do anything with them. Also tried a command I saw as the answer...
  7. Disabling search panel in Windows 10 Pro

in Cortana
    Disabling search panel in Windows 10 Pro: Since a recent update (I am now at 10.0.18362), as soon as I start to type in the taskbar's search box, a panel appears above it with tabs like Top apps (some of which I have never heard of). The panel is unnecessary and distracting, and I would like to go back to the simpler...
  8. How permanently disable Windows 10 Pro 64 updates

How permanently disable Windows 10 Pro 64 updates: Hello, I have tried everything I've found online, from the groupedit policy to the regedit. I though the problem was solved, instead today March 22nd while I was going to shut down the PC I've seen the it was ready to be turned off and install the update. I don't want any...
  9. Win 10 Pro disable the Windows Update service no longer viable??

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro disable the Windows Update service no longer viable??: Came across this today. https://www.ghacks.net/2017/12/03/al...ao01qx9%2e26c7 "Microsoft removed updating controls when it released the Windows 10 operating systems so that it has become less trivial to set the updating process to manual or disable updates altogether....
  10. Windows 10 Pro Telemetry - Disable

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Pro Telemetry - Disable: I have gone through seemingly endless forums and posts about getting Microsoft out of my data and it seems that nothing is a true solution - by the time the computer starts up again, it is back to factory "steal my data" settings. I consult on a wide range of projects, and...