Windows 10: Disable windows Boot to "Choose an option" screen

Discus and support Disable windows Boot to "Choose an option" screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Laptop: HP Problem: Windows boot to "Choose an option" Screen with the options: 1. Continue - Exit and continue to windows 2. Use a device 3.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dray A Leo, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Disable windows Boot to "Choose an option" screen

Laptop: HP

Problem: Windows boot to "Choose an option" Screen with the options:

1. Continue - Exit and continue to windows

2. Use a device

3. TroubleShoot

4. Turn off your PS

I performed a clean windows 10 installation, but the PC still boots the same screen.
    - When selecting option "1. Exit and continue to windows" it loops back to the same screen.

- None of the repair option the troubleshoot section help, PC always loops back to "Choose an option".

However when accessing the boot menu "pressing Ese, then F9" and selecting internal Hard disk, windows boots fine, but when restarted it goes back to "Choose an option" screen.

Please advice on how i can stop windows from booting the "Choose an option" and boot straigh to windows 10.

:)

Dray A Leo, Jul 30, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jul 30, 2018
  3. Josef Bri Win User
    Re: All boot options are tried...

Hi Elda,

If the boot sequence didn't work, then we suggest try running the laptop in safe mode. To do this, here's a few steps to follow:

• Power down your laptop.
    • Turn it back on again.
    • When you turn it back on, press F8 repeatedly until the power on option appeared.
    • If you see the boot option "Safe Mode with Networking", choose that option.
    • See if you can boot up in Safe mode.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Jul 30, 2018
  4. Disable windows Boot to "Choose an option" screen

My screen only shows the "choose an option" screen.

Hi,

Thank you for updating us. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform an automatic repair and check if it helps.

Step 1: Create ISO for Windows 10

You may also refer to the article mentioned below to for downloading Windows 10 on your computer.

Download Windows 10

Step 2: Perform an Automatic repair

The Automatic repair can detect and fix the issues that prevent the computer from working normally.

After you have a Windows 10 installation disc/USB, follow these steps:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be F12.

• The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.

• Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to CD\DVD ROM (in case you create DVD). Select USB in case
      you create USB.

• After you boot your computer using Windows DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

• Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click Startup Repair.
    Step 3

If automatic repair doesn’t help to repair the startup files, you may try to repair them using these commands through Command Prompt under Advance Options.

Refer to the steps:

• After you boot your computer using Windows 8 DVD
      or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

• Select Troubleshoot from
      Choose an option
      screen.

• Click Advanced options in Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on command Prompt.

• Type these following commands and hit enter after each line of command:
    Bootrec /fixmbr

Bootrec /fixboot

Bootrec /scanos

Bootrec /rebuildbcd

Check if it resolves the issue.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 30, 2018
Thema:

Disable windows Boot to "Choose an option" screen

1. Disable windows Boot to "Choose an option" screen - Similar Threads - Disable Boot Choose

2. Frozen "Choose an Option" screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frozen "Choose an Option" screen: For the past week I have been trying to access the BIOS in my computer to change a setting, to solve a problem I am having with the Acronis Cyber Protect Home backup program. I have never done this before in the year I've owned the computer. The setting change has been...
  3. Frozen "Choose an Option" screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frozen "Choose an Option" screen: For the past week I have been trying to access the BIOS in my computer to change a setting, to solve a problem I am having with the Acronis Cyber Protect Home backup program. I have never done this before in the year I've owned the computer. The setting change has been...
  4. Frozen "Choose an Option" screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Stuck on "Choose an option" screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on "Choose an option" screen: Hello so i was deleting app for spaces on my HP 15 Notebook PC and I may delete the system and then I turn off my laptop and now my screen stuck like this when i press troubleshoot there other choice but none of them are working and i check for tutorial there suppose to be...
  6. Stuck on "Choose an option" screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on "Choose an option" screen: Hello so i was deleting app for spaces on my HP 15 Notebook PC and I may delete the system and then I turn off my laptop and now my screen stuck like this when i press troubleshoot there other choice but none of them are working and i check for tutorial there suppose to be...
  7. Stuck on "Choose an option" screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. choose a option screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    choose a option screen: after updating my system with updates, my system does not book. It is stuck in choose a option screen. I am not able to proceed to desktop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/choose-a-option-screen/f6cea40e-0672-484e-aec1-a7311a95b16a
  9. "CHOOSE AN OPTION" BOOT LOOP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "CHOOSE AN OPTION" BOOT LOOP: BEFORE IF APPEARS. AFTER I UPDATE SOME FEATURES IN MY LAPTOP, I THEN RESTART IT. MY SCREEN ONLY SHOWS "CHOOSE AN OPTION" . None of the options available work, as it reverts back to the "choose an option" screen....
  10. Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option)

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced Boot Options Menu (Choose an option): The same trick from Windows 8/8.1 still works in 10. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html Click on Start, click the power icon at the top of the Start Menu. Hold down Shift and click on Restart. [img] You will boot to the Choose an option...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable choose boot option

2. dell computer stops on screen choose an option continue use a device

3. chose a fit option disable win 10

4. disable choose windows option when boot,
  5. how to disable windows boot to choose option