Windows 10: Disable Windows firewall when running 3rd party firewall?

Discus and support Disable Windows firewall when running 3rd party firewall? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Quick question - I use Comodo firewall free edition as I like the functionality and interface. Should I disable Windows firewall since I have Comodo... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rivre, Oct 5, 2016.

1. rivre Win User

Disable Windows firewall when running 3rd party firewall?

Quick question - I use Comodo firewall free edition as I like the functionality and interface. Should I disable Windows firewall since I have Comodo running? If so, how do I do that?

:)

rivre, Oct 5, 2016

2. I cant Install Apps on windows 10

I finally found out that the 0x80073D0A error code is an error with the Windows Firewall service being disabled or another service that it relies on is disabled. It does not matter if you are running a 3rd party firewall or security suite, for Microsoft's
    app store to download and install apps from their store, the Windows Firewall service must not be disabled. If it is stopped but not disabled, it needs to be able to startup without any dependency errors. Downloading and installing works like a charm once
    you ensure the Firewall service works.

USCanthony, Oct 5, 2016
  3. Enabling windows firewall in windows 10

Hi,

What happens when you try to enable Windows Firewall? Does the edition of Avast have firewall feature in it? If a 3rd party firewall exists in the system, Windows Firewall is disabled.

Right-click Start, click Control Panel

Click Security and Maintenance

Click "Security" to expand it.

What's listed there for Network firewall?

Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 5, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

Here you are...as shown....disable Windows firewall advised.

dencal, Oct 5, 2016
  5. dencal Win User
    You,re welcome.

dencal, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Disable Windows firewall when running 3rd party firewall? - Similar Threads - Disable firewall running

2. Firewall disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firewall disabled: I recently uninstalled the Norton 360 AV suite I'd been using for a couple of years in favor of another AV software. I soon get a notification from Windows security that the firewall services are inactive. I checked and saw that both Windows firewall and the new AV firewall...
  3. Firewall disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firewall disabled: I recently uninstalled the Norton 360 AV suite I'd been using for a couple of years in favor of another AV software. I soon get a notification from Windows security that the firewall services are inactive. I checked and saw that both Windows firewall and the new AV firewall...
  4. [sos] locked out of pc due to 3rd party firewall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [sos] locked out of pc due to 3rd party firewall: Q: how can i sign into admin microsoft account without internet access?Methods that failed:safe modestartup repaircommand promptnetshipconfiguninstalling firewall because exe file cannot be recognized...
  5. [sos] locked out of pc due to 3rd party firewall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [sos] locked out of pc due to 3rd party firewall: Q: how can i sign into admin microsoft account without internet access?Methods that failed:safe modestartup repaircommand promptnetshipconfiguninstalling firewall because exe file cannot be recognized...
  6. Windows Defender Firewall Is Disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Firewall Is Disabled: I tried almost 20 ways to fix this issue.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-firewall-is-disabled/282a6540-9c79-4668-90af-e4dd2cc4e9a3
  7. Windows Firewall and third party Firewall are both turned off

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Firewall and third party Firewall are both turned off: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 ships with Windows Firewall out of the box and at the same time allows you to install and run a third-party Firewall too. These firewalls work independently to block suspicious actions on your computer. But after installing Windows [...] This post...
  8. windows firewall will not stay disabled

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows firewall will not stay disabled: I allowed my win10 home 64bit to update to 1703 last week. I hesitate to allow updates as MS insists on removing customizations, changes many user settings, and activates many services I don't want running. since allowing the update, windows firewall was turned on, I can...
  9. Whats a good 3rd party Firewall (do you trust Microsoft) ?

Whats a good 3rd party Firewall (do you trust Microsoft) ?: So, when I had Win7, I had Comodo installed. I liked it. When I upgraded, Win10 knocked Comodo out saying it wasn't compatible with Win10. So, I left it alone. In the back of my mind is this nagging mistrust of Microsoft and the feeling I should add my own firewall and...
  10. Firewall Disabled Bug?

Firewall Disabled Bug?: I just updated to the FCU from the AU. There seems to be a firewall notification bug. Settings / System / About indicates that the Firewall is disabled but the Firewall settings in the Control Panel are fine (see below). I've disabled and re-enabled the Firewall but this...