Windows 10: Disable windows hello for a user group

Discus and support Disable windows hello for a user group in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I do have a question around windows hello for business and autopilot/endpoint manager1> whfb currently disabled at Devices > Enrollment > Enroll... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ram Jones, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Ram Jones Win User

Disable windows hello for a user group

I do have a question around windows hello for business and autopilot/endpoint manager1> whfb currently disabled at Devices > Enrollment > Enroll devices > Windows enrollment > Windows Hello for Business. 2> There are about 200 devices currently in intune aad/intune managed. - windows hellow shouldn't be enable 3> new set of devices needs windows hello enable 4> indetity policy define to enable whfb under device configuration and targeted the new group which needs whfb enable5> the policy dosent always

:)

Ram Jones, Apr 25, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Show Local users and Groups

Hello Frank, and welcome to Ten Forums. Disable windows hello for a user group :)

If you have the Windows 10 Home edition, then it will not have Local Users and Groups (lusrmgr.msc) included in it. It's only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions instead.

If you like, you could use step 3 in OPTION THREE of the tutorial below list users in a group.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...a.html#option4

Brink, Apr 25, 2021
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    How to disable Windows Hello

Hi Tom,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how frustrating it could be when things do not work the way they are expected to. However, we can try a few steps and see if we can disable Windows Hello permanently, but before we try those steps, may I know:

What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the computer?

Did you notice any changes on the computer prior to this issue?

Troubleshooting methods:

Method 1: Using Group policy settings.

If you are on Windows 10 Pro edition, you can change the group policy settings to disable PIN sign-in option for all users.

• Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together.
    • Type GPEDIT.MSC and hit the Enter key.
    • Go to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Logon.
    • On the right side, double click on Turn on PIN sign-in and select
      Disabled.
    • Similarly disable the other Windows Hello options if any.
    • Exit the Group policy editor and reboot the computer.

Method 2: Disabling Windows Hello in Registry.

If setting Group policy doesn’t work, you disable the sign in options which should disable

Windows Hello options in all user accounts.

Disclaimer: The registry is a database in Windows that contains important information about system hardware, installed programs and settings, and profiles of each of the user accounts
    on the computer. Windows often reads and updates the information in the registry.

Normally, software programs make registry changes automatically. You should not make unnecessary changes to the registry. Changing registry files incorrectly can cause Windows to stop working or make Windows report the wrong information.

Please take a backup of the registry. Follow the steps given in the link below:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

• Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together.
    • Type Regedit and hit the Enter key.
    • When the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following location:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\Settings\AllowSignInOptions.
    • In the right pane, double click on the DWORD entry named
      value set it to 0.

The above method will disable Windows Hello for all user accounts. If you want to re-enable

it, change the DWORD entry Value back to

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Apr 25, 2021
  4. hooked Win User

Show Local users and Groups

Hey Brink, I was just looking at groups in netplwiz today and I noticed that my user account is just in the Admin group now, it used to be in Users and Admin. I have home, so I can't change it. I don't know how it changed. I guess there's nothing I can do about it. Will it be a problem?
    I'm tempted to downgrade to my 8.1 pro and go to 10 pro.

hooked, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Disable windows hello for a user group - Similar Threads - Disable hello user

2. Disable family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable family group: Even though I have never used or created a family group, my registration appears and I cannot configure or edit it. When I click on the Family Settings button I am redirected to the homepage automatically.As you can see, there is also no button next to my name for me to leave...
  3. Disable family group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable family group: Even though I have never used or created a family group, my registration appears and I cannot configure or edit it. When I click on the Family Settings button I am redirected to the homepage automatically.As you can see, there is also no button next to my name for me to leave...
  4. Disable family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Disable Windows Hello for Business for one user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disable Windows Hello for Business for one user: Morning All,I hope you are all doing well.I would like to disable the Windows Hello for Business for one user. I know how to disable this globally in Azure but not sure how or if this is possible. I would appreciate any help/ advise.Many ThanksJames...
  6. Disable Windows Hello for Business for one user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows Hello for Business for one user: Morning All,I hope you are all doing well.I would like to disable the Windows Hello for Business for one user. I know how to disable this globally in Azure but not sure how or if this is possible. I would appreciate any help/ advise.Many ThanksJames...
  7. Disable Windows Hello for Business for one user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. WINDOWS HELLO DISABLE

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    WINDOWS HELLO DISABLE: hello All, I am unable to disable window hello every gpedit and regisry key but it didnt work. Regard Ayub Hi Tom, Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. I understand how frustrating it could be when things do not work the way they are expected...
  9. Windows 10 Users and Groups

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Users and Groups: Hi, I am a Linux system administrator and I recently changed one of my servers to Windows 10. Some of you may know but In Linux, you have root which can access everything. But in windows, It seems more complex with SYSTEM, Administrators, and individual users. Can someone...
  10. Disable Group Policy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable Group Policy: Hi, I've tried following the community instructions to disable 'group policy' (changing DWORD 'Start' to Decimal 4), yet there's an error and I'm unable to do this ('cannot edit Start: error writing the value's new contents'). I bought my computer as a demo from Harvey...