Windows 10: Disable windows key

Discus and support Disable windows key in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; so i finished building my pc and my friend sends me a video of how to get windows activation for free. i did not know anything about windows or pc so i... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Joshuagallardo2, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Disable windows key

so i finished building my pc and my friend sends me a video of how to get windows activation for free. i did not know anything about windows or pc so i did it and i got it. after that someone tried to hack me. they stole one of my accounts i use to play video games. i added so much security and 2fa but the hacker still got in my stuff. how do i disable it?

:)

Joshuagallardo2, Apr 16, 2021

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Apr 16, 2021
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Disabling Synaptic touchpad in Windows 10, and why it won't stay disabled. For a left handed person, it is disruptive.

Hi,

If you wish to disable your touchpad, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Synaptic touchpad driver and select Disable.
    • Click OK to confirm and check with the issue.

Please reply us with the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Apr 16, 2021
  4. csatennis Win User

Disable windows key

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Apr 16, 2021
Thema:

Disable windows key

1. Disable windows key - Similar Threads - Disable key

2. How to disable the shortcuts key Shift + Enter in Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to disable the shortcuts key Shift + Enter in Explorer in Windows 10: Hi,I am using Windows 10. And when I want to find a file using the Explorer, I usually use keyboard to find Arrow keys, letter keys and Enter. When opening the drive or folder, I can just select it using arrow keys and press Enter. However, there exists other two shortcuts...
  3. My computer disables microphone shortcut key does not work?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer disables microphone shortcut key does not work?: My computer is ASUS ROG Strix Scar 15. There is a shortcut key to disable the microphone on the computer. When I press the button, the screen will prompt "microphone off". At this time, I cannot record when I speak. . But today when I press this button, the screen displays...
  4. Disable F-Lock behavior of the Fn-Key on Microsoft Surface Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disable F-Lock behavior of the Fn-Key on Microsoft Surface Keyboard: Hi, I've recently purchased a Microsft Surface Keyboard and this is seriously bugging me. Is there some way of disabling this ... feature? I would like to go with the old FN + Caps for F-Lock and have the Fn button always act as an Fn button even if pressed by mistake....
  5. Disable switching keyboard layout key Windows key + Space bar on Windows 10

Disable switching keyboard layout key Windows key + Space bar on Windows 10: Hello, I am trying to disable the aforementioned "feature" of Windows. Previous answers to similar questions seems out of date as some links to those answers are unreachable and others are unhelpful. Is there a way I can remove this shortcut as I am using a different...
  6. Disk checking, click on any keys to disable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk checking, click on any keys to disable: Hello. How do I get rid of this "Disk checking, click on any keys to disable" every time when I turn on my PC? Pls help and thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-checking-click-on-any-keys-to-disable/0c1f3309-2c56-4f6a-9999-11848e10a7f5
  7. Shift button stuck but sticky keys disabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Shift button stuck but sticky keys disabled: Hello, I have a weird problem where the shift is sort of "stucked" and I have to click it once to release it. Changed keyboard - didn't help, checked if sticky keys are on (not) What else could cause this? Thanks 175108
  8. Disable LAlt key underlined menu selection in Windows programs Photoshop etc.

Disable LAlt key underlined menu selection in Windows programs Photoshop etc.: You can use any software if it supports AutoHotkey .ahk scripts. I use FastKeys so I show the solution in that. I will write it detailed so if you don't even know what autohotkey is, doesn't matter....
  9. How to disable the Function key shortcuts from Microsoft keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disable the Function key shortcuts from Microsoft keyboard: Hi, The Microsoft keyboard I have Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard comes with pre-programmed function keys f1= mute.... f11= calculator, f12=screengrab which work without having to use the Fn key. I need to disable these as I need the function keys in some of the programmes I...
  10. Enable or disable Hardware Media Key Handling in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or disable Hardware Media Key Handling in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge comes with some really good features like accent colors, a two-page layout […] This article Enable or disable Hardware Media Key Handling in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...