Windows 10: Disable windows log in

Discus and support Disable windows log in in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So why does microsoft make it so complicated to disable the computer log in? All I want to do is not have to type a password to log into the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by nathansaephan, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Disable windows log in

So why does microsoft make it so complicated to disable the computer log in?

All I want to do is not have to type a password to log into the computer. I had to look into Youtube and other forums to try and disable it, but nothing works. I tried to go to the system settings and click "change password," but it asks me to log into microsoft, and when I do, it tells me to change the password. Yeah, I WANT TO CHANGE IT TO NO PASSWORD. Then, I tried the "netplwiz" command and disable the "user have to enter password" thingamabober, and I hit apply, but when I restarted my laptop, it doesn't work. I still have to log in. If someone has any other magical way to disable it, please I need your help.

The funny thing is, I was able to do it on my wife's computer a long time ago, but did a update mess it up or something? If so, come on microsoft... This is a problem not only for me, but a lot of other people I've seen on Youtube comments and other forums as well.

It's as simple as adding a button that says, "Disable log in pin/passcode" or something like that.

:)

nathansaephan, Dec 24, 2019
  2. WillRay Win User

Auto logging into disabled account Windows 10

I was able to fix this by doing the following:

• Boot up the computer, then kill the power after startup is complete.
    • Do step #1 again. (Two crashes within two minutes after startup will cause Windows to boot into Safe Mode automatically.)
    • You will be forcibly logged in to Safe Mode with the Administrator account.
    • Enable the Administrator account, and setup your normal account as needed.
    • Restart again, you will auto login as the Administrator account (which has now been enabled).
    • Log out of the Admin account, and log in with the normal account.
    • Disable the default Administrator account once again.

WillRay, Dec 24, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Disable windows log in

How to disable windows defender for long time?

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you are willing to disable Windows Defender from your system. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue in a better way.

• Why are you trying to disable Windows Defender? Are you planning to install any third party security software?
    • From where you have followed the steps to disable Windows defender using registry?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator?

The steps which you have mentioned to disable Windows Defender using gpedit.msc is correct. If you are unable to disable it then you may do that by stopping the service responsible for Windows Defender. Here are steps which you may follow to perform the
    same task.

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type services.msc and hit enter.
    • There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service
      and Windows Defender Network14.
    • Right click on each and press stop.

If you will stop the service responsible for Windows Defender then it will not run till it is stopped. Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

Disable windows log in

1. Disable windows log in - Similar Threads - Disable log

2. I found a event log showing remote access request remote is disabled & continious error...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I found a event log showing remote access request remote is disabled & continious error...: Windows 11 Home, HP All-in one,+System-Provider[ Name]Microsoft-Windows-User Device Registration[ Guid]{23b8d46b-67dd-40a3-b636-d43e50552c6d}EventID360Version0Level3Task0Opcode0Keywords0x8000000000000000-TimeCreated[...
  3. I found a event log showing remote access request remote is disabled & continious error...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I found a event log showing remote access request remote is disabled & continious error...: Windows 11 Home, HP All-in one,+System-Provider[ Name]Microsoft-Windows-User Device Registration[ Guid]{23b8d46b-67dd-40a3-b636-d43e50552c6d}EventID360Version0Level3Task0Opcode0Keywords0x8000000000000000-TimeCreated[...
  4. I disabled all msconfig services, and now I can’t log in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I disabled all msconfig services, and now I can’t log in.: I’ve had this constant issue with my dell desktop, I can put it on sleep and leave it for weeks, and when I return to it, it’s still just in sleep mode, but other times, if I return to the computer 30 mins after putting it in sleep mode, it will have restarted/ shut down, it...
  5. I disabled all msconfig services, and now I can’t log in.

I disabled all msconfig services, and now I can’t log in.: I’ve had this constant issue with my dell desktop, I can put it on sleep and leave it for weeks, and when I return to it, it’s still just in sleep mode, but other times, if I return to the computer 30 mins after putting it in sleep mode, it will have restarted/ shut down, it...
  6. Disabled Event Viewer Log Keeps Logging Events Anyway??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled Event Viewer Log Keeps Logging Events Anyway??: I don't know what to do. I enabled 'Winsock Network Events' in Event Viewer to see what kind of events are logged and even when I explicitly disable the log, it keeps filling with events whenever I clear itI've tried to clear the log before Disabling, tried clearing it after...
  7. Disabled Event Viewer Log Keeps Logging Events Anyway??

Disabled Event Viewer Log Keeps Logging Events Anyway??: I don't know what to do. I enabled 'Winsock Network Events' in Event Viewer to see what kind of events are logged and even when I explicitly disable the log, it keeps filling with events whenever I clear itI've tried to clear the log before Disabling, tried clearing it after...
  8. Disabled Event Viewer Log Keeps Logging Events Anyway??

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Cannot Log into Windows after disabling/enabling smart card configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Log into Windows after disabling/enabling smart card configuration: Hey man i have followed you instructions and disabled or accidentally enabled some configuration for card reader - smart card and now i cannot log in in my computer its when i type my password to log in on Computer-Windows it says “you must use Windows Hello or smart card to...
  10. Cannot Log into Windows after disabling/enabling smart card configuration

Cannot Log into Windows after disabling/enabling smart card configuration: Hey man i have followed you instructions and disabled or accidentally enabled some configuration for card reader - smart card and now i cannot log in in my computer its when i type my password to log in on Computer-Windows it says “you must use Windows Hello or smart card to...