Windows 10: disable windows settings, display setting and personalize by GPO

Discus and support disable windows settings, display setting and personalize by GPO in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I need to restrict the action to not admin users in the tablet model: venue 10 pro. I updated win 8.1 to win 10 pro. I install the Administrative... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by epulone, Nov 24, 2015.

1. epulone Win User

disable windows settings, display setting and personalize by GPO

I need to restrict the action to not admin users in the tablet model: venue 10 pro.
    I updated win 8.1 to win 10 pro. I install the Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 10 downloaded from the link below.

Download Administrative Templates (.admx) for Windows 10 from Official Microsoft Download Center

Most of restrictions I was able to activate but:
    • windows settings (from start button),
    • display setting
    • personalise (theme, color lock screen...)

although I set all the voices present in the path below they didn't take place

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Personalization
    User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Display

How can i solve that issue?

Thanks

:)

epulone, Nov 24, 2015

2. *Resolved* Cannot change, add, remove, resize or move tiles on start menu.

Then you need to unset the Policy using Group Policy Editor. It's probably applying the setting back at every logon.

Run gpedit.msc and go to each GPO location mentioned in this article

Personalize Settings Says "Some settings are managed by your organization"
    (see paragraph "Policy Settings for Personalization in Windows 10") and set the Start menu Policies to "Not configured"

Note: If a Policy already is showing as "Not configured", set it to "Disabled" and then click Apply. Then, revert it back to "Not configured" and click "Apply".

Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 24, 2015
  3. DIY_glenn Win User
    I need to completely disable task view (left swipe function)

Yes, finally!

For some reason the GPO where you can set "AllowEdgeSwipe" to "Disabled" does NOT disable the left swipe (Task View), but adding this registry key to the same GPO worked!

Thanks.

DIY_glenn, Nov 24, 2015
Thema:

disable windows settings, display setting and personalize by GPO

1. disable windows settings, display setting and personalize by GPO - Similar Threads - disable settings display

2. Can't change display settings or personalization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change display settings or personalization: HelloWhile I can open Windows settings, once I search for a specific setting, it wont open.If I press Personalization in windows settings, it only allows me to change the font, and in System I can only change sound settings.I can't change brightness nor a simple wallpaper.Do...
  3. "Settings" > "Personalization" settings window frozen??

"Settings" > "Personalization" settings window frozen??: Hey Forum Folke, Having a problem with Windows (so what else is new?) I'm trying to change my wallpaper/desktop background images into a slideshow format. Went to "Settings" > "Personalization" and clicked on the wallpaper settings, and tried to select the folder where I had...
  4. Personalize setting and display setting could not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Personalize setting and display setting could not open: Hi, My Laptop,, when I at desktop screen, right click and click the menu personalize or display, just pop out message box, and I could not open setting apps from setting menu. thanks.[ATTACH]...
  5. Display settings and Personalize options not working.

Display settings and Personalize options not working.: Hello, when I right click on my desktop and then select Display Options or Personalize then a command prompt is showing up for milisecond and then it dissapear?......
  6. display setting and personalize will not come up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    display setting and personalize will not come up: ever time i right click on my task top to open them up they do not come up it instantly close and only show the tab on the toolbar for a second submitted by /u/teddytech518 [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 1809 "Setting" app (Such as Display Setting, Personalization, or Taskbar...

Windows 10 1809 "Setting" app (Such as Display Setting, Personalization, or Taskbar...: Hello to all readers of this post! I've recently done a clean installation of Windows 10 (1809) on my computer and updated the system and drivers to the latest as needed. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] (Here's a list of updates that are currently installed in the system.)...
  8. Taskbar, Display Settings, and Personalize Not Working

Taskbar, Display Settings, and Personalize Not Working: I just updated my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and now I cannot get the Start or Search buttons on my taskbar to respond at all. I cannot open the Taskbar Settings either, but programs will launch from the Task Bar at least, so it's not totally frozen. Also, when...
  9. Monitors not displayed correctly in the personalization setting

Monitors not displayed correctly in the personalization setting: **************Edit********************* I ended up ordering another dell gaming monitors and selling the other Acers and running two identical Dell Monitors instead. This change was my work around for the issue. Plus I reformatted my PC....
  10. Windows Updates GPO settings?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Updates GPO settings?: Just wondering here on this GPO setting which I am considering to change from Option 2 to Option 4 is which to Download the Updates automatically and have those installed on a schedule. The default schedule is 3:00AM but I tend to leave my laptop off entirely during the...