Windows 10: disable windows update service

Discus and support disable windows update service in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i have disable windows update service many times, still it switches to manual mode by itself and start by itself my laptop is 7-8 years old and i am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by makhan10, Mar 29, 2021.

1. makhan10 Win User

disable windows update service

i have disable windows update service many times, still it switches to manual mode by itself and start by itself

my laptop is 7-8 years old and i am running of hard disk, i dont want windows to update

:)

makhan10, Mar 29, 2021
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Mar 29, 2021
  3. P4-630 Win User
    FIXED!! Windows 7 sp1 never ends searching for updates

Ok I did another reboot, disabled windows update service, did step 3 again, this time it installed an update, enabled windows update service and did a reboot and voila!! *Peace disable windows update service :peace:

disable windows update service 20160416_190650-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Mar 29, 2021
  4. disable windows update service

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

disable windows update service

1. disable windows update service - Similar Threads - disable update service

2. Disable Windows Update Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows Update Service: Hi,We have Microsoft Team Room TAP and having Windows 11 22H2.I wanted to disable Windows Update as it creates problem sometimes windows stuck on completing windows update process therefore i wanted to permantely disable Windows Update service. To do this Disabled Windows...
  3. Disable Windows Update Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Windows Update Service: Hi,We have Microsoft Team Room TAP and having Windows 11 22H2.I wanted to disable Windows Update as it creates problem sometimes windows stuck on completing windows update process therefore i wanted to permantely disable Windows Update service. To do this Disabled Windows...
  4. Disabling Windows Update Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Windows Update Service: Long story short: Windows 11 downloaded itself on my computer. For 2 months I was able to keep pausing it as I do not want to install Windows 11 yet. Last time I went to pause it you need to check for updates first before you can pause again, it started the process of...
  5. Disabling Windows Update Service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabling Windows Update Service: Long story short: Windows 11 downloaded itself on my computer. For 2 months I was able to keep pausing it as I do not want to install Windows 11 yet. Last time I went to pause it you need to check for updates first before you can pause again, it started the process of...
  6. Disabling Windows Update Service

7. Windows Update services is disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update services is disabled: In windows update tab it is "One of the update services is not running properly, but you can try to run a troubleshooter to fix the problem. Go to Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then select Windows Update."...
  8. Windows Update services is disabled

Windows Update services is disabled: In windows update tab it is "One of the update services is not running properly, but you can try to run a troubleshooter to fix the problem. Go to Start button > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then select Windows Update."...
  9. Windows Update services is disabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. disable windows update service

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    disable windows update service: i have disable windows update service many times, still it switches to manual mode by itself and start by itself my laptop is 7-8 years old and i am running of hard disk, i dont want windows to update 176762