Windows 10: Disable Windows10 mail "we couldnt access your contacts ....." message.

Discus and support Disable Windows10 mail "we couldnt access your contacts ....." message. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How to disable the message that shows every time windows 10 mail is opened - "we couldn't access your contacts, please check your contacts privacy... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by [BaDboD], Sep 21, 2021.

1. [BaDboD] Win User

Disable Windows10 mail "we couldnt access your contacts ....." message.

How to disable the message that shows every time windows 10 mail is opened - "we couldn't access your contacts, please check your contacts privacy settings to make sure you've given access to mail and calendar"I have checked, it is correct not allowed / blocked so how to remove this silly message that seems more of a 'I am going to nag you until you allow me to' than an informative 'did you know' which has an option to be disabled.For now unless there is an option to disable the windows mail nagging I will remove the app of inconvenience and replace with Thunderbird.

:)

[BaDboD], Sep 21, 2021
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Sep 21, 2021
  3. ptangway Win User
    Cannot delete contacts from Windows 10 Mail App

Okay. I just tried that. Disabled syncing in the account settings AND Windows privacy settings.

When I opened the Mail app, it gave me an error message saying that it can't access my contacts.

However, in the To entry field, all contacts continue to show up.

Somehow it's listing contacts even though it says it can't access any contacts.
    Does the Mail app have a buffer or something that it stores all these in? Anyone know?

ptangway, Sep 21, 2021
  4. NMI
    NMI Win User

Only suggest people in my contact list, outlook windows 10 app

FYI:

Thema:

1. Disable Windows10 mail "we couldnt access your contacts ....." message. - Similar Threads - Disable Windows10 mail

2. We couldnt complete updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldnt complete updates: Hallo microsoft, I need your support. I still cant update windows on my laptop, since new year. It says we couldnt complete updates. I ve tried a lot of things, like running in safe mode, deleting update distribution folder, expand recovery partition, run troubleshooter, run...
  3. We couldnt complete updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    We couldnt complete updates: Hallo microsoft, I need your support. I still cant update windows on my laptop, since new year. It says we couldnt complete updates. I ve tried a lot of things, like running in safe mode, deleting update distribution folder, expand recovery partition, run troubleshooter, run...
  4. We couldnt complete updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. We couldnt set your default save location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    We couldnt set your default save location: I tried every way that is on internet.Changing permissions some scans in command prompt, I even reinstalled windows and I cant change save location please help me...
  6. We couldnt set your default save location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We couldnt set your default save location: I tried every way that is on internet.Changing permissions some scans in command prompt, I even reinstalled windows and I cant change save location please help me...
  7. We couldnt set your default save location

8. Add contact from email in Windows10 mail app

Add contact from email in Windows10 mail app: How do I add a contact from an email in Windows10 Mail app? I left clicked on the sender in the received email, but how do I save the sender's email address as a contact? For example in this email sent from Yahoo:- [ATTACH] I can send an email to the contact but there...
  9. Windows 10 mail "we couldnt access your contacts" question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 mail "we couldnt access your contacts" question: So when launching the win 10 mail, it shows that "we couldnt access your contacts, please check your contacts privacy settings to make sure you've given access to mail and calendar", how do i stop this from saying it EVERY singel time i launch the program? I have no one in...
  10. mail app doesn't access contacts

in Browsers and Email
    mail app doesn't access contacts: Hi all, can someone tell me how to get the new win10 mail app to access my contacts or how to add an address book to the email client. I'm get mail through a pop3 optus server not gmail etc. If I begin typing a name or email address in a new email the only adresses/...