Windows 10: Disableantispyware ocasionally being deleted from the registry. I set myself to owner and...

Discus and support Disableantispyware ocasionally being deleted from the registry. I set myself to owner and... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; tittle submitted by /u/FellOffARoof [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FellOffARoof, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Disableantispyware ocasionally being deleted from the registry. I set myself to owner and...

/u/FellOffARoof, Aug 17, 2020

2. Registry Editor "Unable to set new owner on [redacted], access is denied"

Hello, so I'm trying to change the owner on a certain key in the registry. The owner currently is SYSTEM, and I have only read access. I went into Regedit and went into permissions, advanced, change owner, and tried inputting my name, but when I click apply
    it says it is unable to set new owner, access is denied. I have never seen the registry editor fail to set a new owner. What steps should I take to be able to change the owner? The key is in local machine.

So far I have tried disabling inheritance but that also failed as the regedit gave the same error.

Thanks

Vacho Rehanyan, Aug 17, 2020
  3. BobZ2 Win User
    Old Owner Name

I bought a used Axim. I changed the Device ID in Settings -> System ->

About. I changed the owner name in Settings -> Personal -> Owner Info.

But when I use Send To on a Windows 7 "desktop", the option for my

Axim lists the old owner's name. Not a major problem, but definitely

annoying. I couldn't find that name in the registry (on the Axim).

Can anyone suggest another place to look?

Thanks.

BobZ2, Aug 17, 2020
  4. trodas Win User

Disableantispyware ocasionally being deleted from the registry. I set myself to owner and...

Macromedia Flash registry keys non deletable?

Hello, friends.
    On friend machine I made the mistake of installing the Adobe Macromedia Flash, instead of just depacking the installer and copy over the relevant files in Firefox plugins. As result, there are several non-deletable (regeditor refuse to delete them, CCleaner did not delete them as well) registry entries:

Disableantispyware ocasionally being deleted from the registry. I set myself to owner and... 2ebv0d2_th.jpg

Both from Flash 9b and 10b versions as you can see in the image. Since regedit refuse the delete the keys AND CCleaner also refuse to delete them, I tried even the Registry Booster, yet this one did not even list them as error. If that is significant, I don't know. I just want them to "go away" and don't know how.
    Thinking about Windows PE boot, but not sure if that is safe and if that will allow well me to manipulate with registry... Is not there any other way? There is NOTHING from the flash files in Windows directory at all. All are removed/deleted. I stick with the
    flashplayer.xpt
    NPSWF32.dll
    NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe
    files extracted from the install and put in Firefox / Plugins, so I will not ever install that crap again. Never did on my machine and no problemo. But in case someone do, is there a known way to fix this? Using the Adobe utility to clean up is NOT the way to do...
    Also installing new version did not seems to fix a thing.

trodas, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Disableantispyware ocasionally being deleted from the registry. I set myself to owner and...

1. Disableantispyware ocasionally being deleted from the registry. I set myself to owner and... - Similar Threads - Disableantispyware ocasionally being

2. REGISTRY - CAN I DELETE OFFICE 365 FROM REGISTRY?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    REGISTRY - CAN I DELETE OFFICE 365 FROM REGISTRY?: Can I delete Office 365 from Registry? I am trying to UNINSTALL OFFICE 365. I have tried MANUAL and MICROSOFT SUPPURT AND RECOVERY ASSISTANT TOOL. The tool is UNABLE TO FIX THE PROBLEM....
  3. REGISTRY - CAN I DELETE OFFICE 365 FROM REGISTRY?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    REGISTRY - CAN I DELETE OFFICE 365 FROM REGISTRY?: Can I delete Office 365 from Registry? I am trying to UNINSTALL OFFICE 365. I have tried MANUAL and MICROSOFT SUPPURT AND RECOVERY ASSISTANT TOOL. The tool is UNABLE TO FIX THE PROBLEM....
  4. REGISTRY - CAN I DELETE OFFICE 365 FROM REGISTRY?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Delete the “Owner” identification

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete the “Owner” identification: I am donating my Toshiba Android laptop to a charity. I need to know how to delete/ remove the “Owner” status. Currently it shows my wife’s email address as the owner....
  6. can't delete windows.old after changing myself to the owner

in Windows 10 Support
    can't delete windows.old after changing myself to the owner: keep getting blocked trying to delete windows.old to free up 17gb on my SSD which is my win10 os drive I thought it might work if I was able to delete the sub folders first, I was able to delete a couple of them. I have this same problem with all the remaining windows.old...
  7. Windows Defender deletes DisableAntiSpyware from reg after PC restarts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender deletes DisableAntiSpyware from reg after PC restarts: Hello, I don't want antimalware service executable to run in the background, I will not use any AV. So, when I create a variable as said in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-kill-antimalware-service-executable/b5ce5b46-a65b-460c-b4cd-e2cca50358cf,...
  8. Help, I believe I have a keylogger my registry has things like DisableAntispyware and...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help, I believe I have a keylogger my registry has things like DisableAntispyware and...: So I discovered this issue when I was checking my registry for viruses and I found this. I tried to stay calm and get my norton power eraser to delete it. However, after leaving it running for 2 days it still had yet to remove it. In a panic, I factory reset once it finished...
  9. I've restricted myself from being an admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I've restricted myself from being an admin: I used the "netplwiz" tool in the run tool and was poking around with the different ownership names. I saw "Administartor" at the top and thought, "that is a boring name". Quickly, i saw the title "device owner" and selected this thinking i was not lose any tools; and here i...
  10. Require permission from myself to delete folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Require permission from myself to delete folder: When I try to delete some folders it asks me to give administrator permission to delete it so I do then it tells me I require permission from MSI/BBass (myself) to make changes to this folder. This has happened for multiple folders in my steam folder. I've tried giving myself...