Windows 10: Disabled 3rd Monitor Windows 10

Discus and support Disabled 3rd Monitor Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed a 3rd monitor connected to the 3rd port in my video card in my HP desktop. Win 10 sees the 3rd monitor but will not allow me to change the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Haole Hank, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Disabled 3rd Monitor Windows 10

I installed a 3rd monitor connected to the 3rd port in my video card in my HP desktop. Win 10 sees the 3rd monitor but will not allow me to change the disabled. If I disconnect one of the first 2 monitors, the new 3rd monitor becomes active. So, all of the connections, ports and monitors are compatible, good and working. Somewhere Win 10 is restricting me to 2 monitors at a time and I need to change that but haven’t been able to determine how. Video card drivers have been updated and are current.

:)

Haole Hank, Jun 30, 2020

2. 3rd monitor doesn't connect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To better understand your query, kindly reply to the following questions.

1. Did you try setting up the cables again?

2. Did you try giving the recommended resolution and check if the monitor is detected?

I would suggest you to make sure that the monitors are connected to the correct video port.

However, you can go to the device manager and disable the monitor which is not working.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand the Monitors.
    • Right-click on the monitor and select Disable.
    • After sometime, try re-enabling it and check if the device gets detected.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    I need to disable windows calibration in Windows 10

Hello,

• When you say “disable windows calibration” are you referring to Color calibration in windows 10?
    I would suggest you to try the steps under the section “Calibrate your display” to know more about color calibration in
    Windows 10. Check if it helps

"Get the best display on your monitor"

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/get-best-display-monitor

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Disabled 3rd Monitor Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Disabled 3rd Monitor Windows 10

1. Disabled 3rd Monitor Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Disabled 3rd Monitor

2. Not Recognizing 3rd monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not Recognizing 3rd monitor: I have a docking station for Lenovo Think Pad. Recognizes a second monitor, but not the third. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-recognizing-3rd-monitor/64637abf-6441-44b0-aeb2-040bee4d8fbd
  3. Not Recognizing 3rd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Recognizing 3rd monitor: I have a docking station for Lenovo Think Pad. Recognizes a second monitor, but not the third. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-recognizing-3rd-monitor/64637abf-6441-44b0-aeb2-040bee4d8fbd
  4. Not Recognizing 3rd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 dual monitors plus 3rd upon lock moves to 3rd monitor

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 dual monitors plus 3rd upon lock moves to 3rd monitor: windows 10 Workgroup 21h2I'm using latest Windows 10. I have dual monitors Samsung C49RG90SSN and am working on Desktop I move Office on screen 2 and Internet browser to screen 1 I also have screen 3.When I lock windows and leave computer and screen 2 is black and I need to...
  6. Windows 10 dual monitors plus 3rd upon lock moves to 3rd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 dual monitors plus 3rd upon lock moves to 3rd monitor: windows 10 Workgroup 21h2I'm using latest Windows 10. I have dual monitors Samsung C49RG90SSN and am working on Desktop I move Office on screen 2 and Internet browser to screen 1 I also have screen 3.When I lock windows and leave computer and screen 2 is black and I need to...
  7. Windows 10 dual monitors plus 3rd upon lock moves to 3rd monitor

8. 3rd Monitor not detected

3rd Monitor not detected: I'm having an issue where the 3rd monitor is no longer detected, but still duplicates the image on it. It used to extend the desktop between all 3 until a recent windows update. I have tried rolling back, but it did not help.I'm currently using a laptop, with a USB-C docking...
  9. Windows not detecting 3rd monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows not detecting 3rd monitor: Hello, When I have 3 monitors plugged into my rx580 the resolution is stretched across all 3 monitors and windows only detects my main middle monitor as active. When i have two plugged in windows detects them seperately. but when i plug in the third it stretches them again. I...
  10. 3rd monitor not detecting

in Windows 10 Customization
    3rd monitor not detecting: Hi, Just after some help, Windows 10 updated to version 1909, and now the 3rd monitor will not detect, i have AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series graphics card, The catalyst control centre and eyfinity is only detecting 2 screens as well, I have tried restarting my PC, Uplugging and...