Windows 10: Disabled administrator and can't reach advanced startup troubleshooting/netplwiz

Discus and support Disabled administrator and can't reach advanced startup troubleshooting/netplwiz in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I've been trying to set up automatic login, without the pc asking for login details, somewhere along the way I ran:"net user administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Simon Eliasen, Jul 7, 2022.

1. Disabled administrator and can't reach advanced startup troubleshooting/netplwiz

Hi,I've been trying to set up automatic login, without the pc asking for login details, somewhere along the way I ran:"net user administrator /active:no" in my cmd.As of now, I can't run cmd with administrator privileges to revert this, as User Account Control prompts "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device" also stating "to continue, enter admin username and password" without the ability for me to do so, with no prompt or text box visible to enter details. The only option is to click the "no" button. The same issue occurs when I run "netplwiz"Additionally, I tried to ent

:)

Simon Eliasen, Jul 7, 2022

2. Stuck on Advanced Startup Troubleshooting Options/Settings Windows 10

Hi, I'm asking for a friend. Earlier, his computer was stuck in an infinite Automatic Repair loop, so we disabled Automatic Repair through Command Prompt from Advanced Startup Options, turned off his computer, and turned it back on. Then, he ran into a blue
    screen, titled "Recovery", with error code 0x0000225 for file \WINDOWS\system32\config\system. From this screen, there are three listed options:

• Pressing "Enter" does nothing
    • Pressing "Esc" brings up the "Please wait" message and to the "Troubleshooting" screen
    • Pressing F8 brings up Startup Settings. Hooray!
    But here's the catch: all 10 of the startup settings (e.g., enable debugging, boot logging, safe modes, disable malware, etc.) simply sends his computer back to the Recovery screen that lists the error code 0x000025.

From the Troubleshooting screen to Advanced Options, he can't reset his PC because there isn't enough room on his disk. He can't system restore because he doesn't have any restore points. He can't load System Image Recovery, Startup Repair, Command Prompt,
    Startup Settings, or "Go back to the previous version", because he does not have Administrator rights. He can't sign in as an Administrator because "there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC".

He also tried inserting a Windows 7 disc out of desperation, but lo and behold: "Code 5: Cannot boot from disk".

In essence, his PC was permanently stuck on Automatic Repair, and now his PC is stuck on the Advanced Startup Settings/Options/Troubleshooting/Recovery screens. What can he do to rescue his computer from this unfortunate dilemma?

P.S. He runs only Window Defender, so anti-malware software should not be an issue.

Friday Sky, Jul 7, 2022
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 7, 2022
  4. Disabled administrator and can't reach advanced startup troubleshooting/netplwiz

Lost administrator privileges after using netplwiz to change username

Hi there, i followed a guide to change my username by using netplwiz. After changing the username, i have completely lost my administrator privileges and i need some helps in getting it back.

Edit: I followed a series of guides and instruction to regain administration privileges and here's what i did:

- Enter Advance Startup by clicking on the Start button (windows logo) then follow by Settings > Updates & Security > Recovery.

- Select Troubleshoot when prompt to Choose an option, then choose Advance options and select Command Prompt.

- After selecting Command Prompt there could be a requirement to log in administrator account, if you don't know the account password then you can try to click continue as some administration accounts does not have a password. If there's a window showing for you to enter recovery key, try to find if there's a option for you to skip this step.

- When Command Prompt appear, type in: "net user administrator /active:yes". This will enable Built-in Administrator (If you have previously renamed the Built-in Administrator account's name then you'll need to change the administrator in the command to the new name instead, for example :net user john /active:yes).

- Command Prompt should display the following texts: The command completed successfully.

- Type in: "exit" or click on the X button to close Command Prompt, choose Troubleshoot > Advance options and select Start-up Settings and click on Restart.

- After Restarting, select Enable Safe Mode with Networking and wait for your PC to boot up.

- On the login screen, select Administrator account and sign in.

- Open Explorer and right click on This PC and click on Manage.

- In Computer Management, expand Local Users and Groups by clicking on the arrow then click on Users.

- Find your account and username that has lost Admin Privileges then double click for Properties to open.

- Switch to the Member Of tab then click on Add > Advanced > find "Administrators" on the list below and double click to choose it.

- Remove any other group other than "Administrator" in your Member Of tab by selecting them and click the Remove button.

- After these step, Restart your PC and the problem should be solved- The final step is to open Command Prompt (CMD) as administrator and disable Built-in Administrator by typing in: "net user administrator /active:no" (It's recommended to only enable Built-in Administrator when needed and disable it afterward).

These are the steps that work for me but it might not be for you so you should always be careful when trying random troubleshoots, make sure to check more on your situation first before trying anything.

MitsuneAiko, Jul 7, 2022
Thema:

Disabled administrator and can't reach advanced startup troubleshooting/netplwiz

1. Disabled administrator and can't reach advanced startup troubleshooting/netplwiz - Similar Threads - Disabled administrator can't

2. Can't go to advanced startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't go to advanced startup: I've been trying to go to my bios menu to enable secure boot and tpm or tmp 2.0 but I get no signal of my computer from my monitor but the pc is still on. I've tried to reset it many ways by holding f2, holding shift. del, and even from the settings where you just click it...
  3. Can't go to advanced startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't go to advanced startup: I've been trying to go to my bios menu to enable secure boot and tpm or tmp 2.0 but I get no signal of my computer from my monitor but the pc is still on. I've tried to reset it many ways by holding f2, holding shift. del, and even from the settings where you just click it...
  4. Disabled administrator and can't reach advanced startup troubleshooting/netplwiz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled administrator and can't reach advanced startup troubleshooting/netplwiz: Hi,I've been trying to set up automatic login, without the pc asking for login details, somewhere along the way I ran:"net user administrator /active:no" in my cmd.As of now, I can't run cmd with administrator privileges to revert this, as User Account Control prompts "Do you...
  5. Can't access Advanced Startup Options!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access Advanced Startup Options!: I'm trying to access Safe Mode to use the Kaspersky Protection Password Removal Toolthe official one. Because it only run on Safe Mode! First, I tried to access it by holding Shift and press Restart in the Power Option. It only option is "Turn off this PC". I think is...
  6. Can't access Advanced Startup Options!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access Advanced Startup Options!: I'm trying to access Safe Mode to use the Kaspersky Protection Password Removal Toolthe official one. Because it only run on Safe Mode! First, I tried to access it by holding Shift and press Restart in the Power Option. It only option is "Turn off this PC". I think is...
  7. Can't exit advanced startup options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't exit advanced startup options: Hi, please help. Can't seem to exit advanced startup options. No continue option only advanced options and nothing works in there, except command prompt. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-exit-advanced-startup-options/b33b1760-9c1c-40df-af7a-9ce1be7d729b
  8. Windows 10 Startup & Boot problems – Advanced Troubleshooting

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Startup & Boot problems – Advanced Troubleshooting: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Are you an IT admin and need to troubleshoot Windows boot problems? If the answer is yes, then in this guide, we will share advanced troubleshooting for Windows 10 startup and boot problems. Before you begin, we recommend you check out [...] This post...
  9. Administrator disabled and other users vanished after using netplwiz

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Administrator disabled and other users vanished after using netplwiz: Dear all, this may or may not cause hilarity, but I've boxed myself into a corner: 1. Win10 on my laptop; got fed up of constantly having to enter password. 2. Googled non-password start and found netplwiz. Unchecked the 'ask for password' box, shut down and restarted -...
  10. Can't disable Driver Signature Enforcement on advanced startup.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't disable Driver Signature Enforcement on advanced startup.: So this is my 14th or 15th time attempting to disable the driver signature enforcement so I can use motioninjoy to install my PS3 Controller driver to use for Rocket League. However, every time I run advanced startup, the process goes rather slowly before loading up my...