Windows 10: Disabled all Video Display Drivers

Discus and support Disabled all Video Display Drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In an attempt to try to get an application working I turned off all of my video display drivers without knowing what it would do. I planned to turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KaiStackpole, May 2, 2021.

1. Disabled all Video Display Drivers

In an attempt to try to get an application working I turned off all of my video display drivers without knowing what it would do. I planned to turn them back on again, but as soon as I turned them both off my screen went black. I’ve tried using all of the keyboard restarts, and have tried messing around with the motherboard but havent been able to do much since its a hand me down and i dont know where many things are. I have a Asus 297-C motherboard and a Sapphire graphics card. Im very frustrated, as my monitor barely registers that there is an hdmi connection at all. I feel like ive tried ev

:)

KaiStackpole, May 2, 2021

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, May 2, 2021
  3. Freeze on early display win 10

Hi Roger,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- What is the make and model of your PC?

- Do you receive any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen follow the steps given below:

• Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:
    • To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
    • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination.
    • Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.
    • Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
    • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
    • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work)   
    • If you see 1item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, May 2, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Disabled all Video Display Drivers

No video after installing Windows10

Hi Adrain,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might be because of corrupted graphic drivers.

I suggest you to run the video troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • In the left pane click on View all
    • Select Video Playback.
    • Follow the prompted steps to troubleshoot this issue.
    I suggest you to update the graphics card drivers/display drivers from manufacturer website and check if it resolves the issue.

• Open Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapter’.
    • Locate the display driver.
    • Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    If issue still persists, I would suggest you to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it works.

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and select Windows operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Please reply with status of the issue for further assistance.

Thanks.

Arul_D, May 2, 2021
Thema:

Disabled all Video Display Drivers

1. Disabled all Video Display Drivers - Similar Threads - Disabled Video Display

2. Disabled all drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled all drivers: Hey, so i was following an online procedure to delete old drivers but the instructions were a little unclear and i ended up disabling ALL of my drivers. Im now stuck at the troubleshooting page. I have no system restore points. Ive searched far and wide across the internet...
  3. Disabled all drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabled all drivers: Hey, so i was following an online procedure to delete old drivers but the instructions were a little unclear and i ended up disabling ALL of my drivers. Im now stuck at the troubleshooting page. I have no system restore points. Ive searched far and wide across the internet...
  4. Driver Verifier No Video At All

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driver Verifier No Video At All: My pc kept on crashing over and over and in the error report it said that it was doing bug-checks and driver errors. After some research something told me to run driver verifier. I ran it selected the areas and rebooted. Now, My PC will turn on but not output any video at...
  5. Disabled Display driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabled Display driver: Hello, so yeaterday I was messing around with my device manager and accidentily disabled my Intel display. Now my screen is black and isnt receving input. Ive read through multiple articles and tried reseting my Bios, removing my Cmos battery and nothing I have tried has...
  6. How to Automate Disable/Enable of Display Driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to Automate Disable/Enable of Display Driver: I have a problem where, to get Windows to run smoothly, I have to disable the display driver, via Device Manager, on shutdown. This forces Windows to load the basic display driver on startup and allows me to re-enable the Intel driver once I get to the desktop. Without doing...
  7. How to Automate Disable/Enable of Display Driver

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Automate Disable/Enable of Display Driver: I have a problem where, to get Windows to run smoothly, I have to disable the display driver, via Device Manager, on shutdown. This forces Windows to load the basic display driver on startup and allows me to re-enable the Intel driver once I get to the desktop. Without doing...
  8. Disabled display driver now no signal to screen.

Disabled display driver now no signal to screen.: I mistakenly disabled display driver in Windows 10 and now only have blank screen. I cannot access safe mode and have removed and replaced the CMOS battery. How can I access driver settings to reset driver?...
  9. Display drivers disabled

Display drivers disabled: Hello.... I somehow disabled all my display drivers on my laptop running windows 10.... I need help because even plugged to an hdmi wont work ... No display showing.... Either laptop or Tv........
  10. display all videos play in black and white

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    display all videos play in black and white: how do I get my color back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/display-all-videos-play-in-black-and-white/40b1e819-df2f-48a4-85d8-193b4b6031c1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no display adapter option in device manager

2. delete driver software not appearing for windows 10 basic display driver