Windows 10: Disabled Auto-correct, but windows keep auto-correcting me

Discus and support Disabled Auto-correct, but windows keep auto-correcting me in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, I have turned off the autocorrect misspelled words in Settings. However, when I type (in Vietnamese) it still autocorrect my typing. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lâm WSCYL, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Disabled Auto-correct, but windows keep auto-correcting me

Hi all,

I have turned off the autocorrect misspelled words in Settings.

However, when I type (in Vietnamese) it still autocorrect my typing.

Any idea how I should avoid this?

Further information:

1. I'm using 'Unikey' program, which 99% of Vietnamese people are using for typing.

2. I have never have this issue, since XP, 7, and 10 on Laptop. But I am having this one Windows 10 Surface.

Thanks all.

:)

Lâm WSCYL, Apr 13, 2019
  2. GearWorld Win User

Auto Correct

Hi,

I'm using Windows Phone 8.1 Update on a Lumia 1520 and when I write, either Messaging or email, it auto corrects but makes a lot of mistakes so I would like to disable this. Where on the settings do I go to disable this auto correction ?

Thank you

GearWorld, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Spelling auto-correct isn't working

Hi Mark,

To resolve your issue about Spelling auto-correct, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Use the Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the
      Settings app.
    • Navigate to Devices and go to Typing.
    • Under Spelling, switch the Auto-correct misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words to the Off position.
    • Restart the computer.
    • After restarting the computer, go to the same settings page and turn back
      On the Auto-correct misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words
      feature.
    Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Disabled Auto-correct, but windows keep auto-correcting me

Auto Correct use

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and I am glad to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that you want to change the settings for Auto-spell correction in Windows.

Please follow the below simple steps.

• Click on Start and choose Settings.
    • Select Devices.
    • Choose Typing in the left pane.
    • Set the toggler to off for Auto correct misspelled words.
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you.

Joy Kemprai, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

Disabled Auto-correct, but windows keep auto-correcting me

1. Disabled Auto-correct, but windows keep auto-correcting me - Similar Threads - Disabled Auto correct

2. OneNote Windows 10, acronym auto correcting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote Windows 10, acronym auto correcting: Ok, this is driving us nuts, we use the acronym EHR in our notes constantly. It continues to auto correct it to HER. In all other MS products, you're able to just add it to the dictionary so it stops auto correcting. I've turned on and off the proofing toggle and autocorrect...
  3. OneNote Windows 10, acronym auto correcting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote Windows 10, acronym auto correcting: Ok, this is driving us nuts, we use the acronym EHR in our notes constantly. It continues to auto correct it to HER. In all other MS products, you're able to just add it to the dictionary so it stops auto correcting. I've turned on and off the proofing toggle and autocorrect...
  4. OneNote Windows 10, acronym auto correcting

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Task bar auto hide isn't working correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar auto hide isn't working correctly: So I've had an issue with my task bar auto hiding, specifically trying to get it to come back up once it's hidden. Whenever I'm in a maximized application like Firefox, Discord, Steam, etc., the task bar will not unhide when I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen. I have...
  6. Task bar auto hide isn't working correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar auto hide isn't working correctly: So I've had an issue with my task bar auto hiding, specifically trying to get it to come back up once it's hidden. Whenever I'm in a maximized application like Firefox, Discord, Steam, etc., the task bar will not unhide when I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen. I have...
  7. Problems With WORD: Eliminating All Of Auto Formats & Corrections, et

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Problems With WORD: Eliminating All Of Auto Formats & Corrections, et: Hello, Sr. Citizen now, and frankly not too sharp with this "stuff," so please bear with me. Using MS WORD on an iMac. Vers. 16.16.13 Used to be fine on Windows 7, but now driving me crazy. I know this is a W10 Forum, but I imagine someone here can guide me a bit with this....
  8. auto correct

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    auto correct: I have a number of "auto correct" items and every time I receive an update most of them have to be re-established-why does that happen and how can I remedy this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-correct/1f53024e-a171-41f9-a68e-af2134b4abf8
  9. Disable auto-arrange

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable auto-arrange: Why has Microsoft removed the option to turn off auto-arrange in Windows 10? Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-auto-arrange/703204e2-f403-4045-bc21-d25c96752603"
  10. Documentation for spell check/auto-correct?

in Windows 10 Support
    Documentation for spell check/auto-correct?: Can anyone point me to documentation that explains in detail how spell check/auto-correct works in Windows 10? For example, (1) How does it handle multiple installed languages? and (2) What applications does it work in? (On my installation, it works in the compose mail window...