Windows 10: Disabled Automatic Updates using gpedit - how about minor updates?

Discus and support Disabled Automatic Updates using gpedit - how about minor updates? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have disabled automatic updates using group policy editor and run 'check for updates' at regular intervals. Have been doing so for a long time. All... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tfwul, Oct 12, 2018.

1. tfwul Win User

Disabled Automatic Updates using gpedit - how about minor updates?

I have disabled automatic updates using group policy editor and run 'check for updates' at regular intervals.
    Have been doing so for a long time. All fine.
    However, whilst doing so, I wonder whether indeed totally nothing is being updated, except then for AV-stuff.

I mean : are minor updates (like build .285->.286) applied nonetheless, but the automatic updates are disabled for the major ones only, like 1803->1809 ?

Thanks!

:)

tfwul, Oct 12, 2018

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Oct 12, 2018
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Disabled Automatic Updates using gpedit - how about minor updates? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Oct 12, 2018
  4. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Disabled Automatic Updates using gpedit - how about minor updates? - Similar Threads - Disabled Automatic Updates

2. disabling windows driver updates through gpedit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disabling windows driver updates through gpedit: is it okay to disable driver updates through group policy edit.Will there be any performance issues such as wifi problem in the future.i have third party paid antivirus installed on my windows 11 pro 23h2...
  3. disabling windows driver updates through gpedit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disabling windows driver updates through gpedit: is it okay to disable driver updates through group policy edit.Will there be any performance issues such as wifi problem in the future.i have third party paid antivirus installed on my windows 11 pro 23h2...
  4. How to disable Windows Hello prompt using GPEDIT or REGEDIT

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Windows Hello prompt using GPEDIT or REGEDIT: [ATTACH]In this article, we will show you how to disable the Windows Hello PIN prompt on Windows 10. Windows Hello is an alternative password option that is available only in Windows 10. You can use this password or PIN to sign in to different Microsoft applications and...
  5. Disable the automatic updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable the automatic updates: Hi How do I disable the automatic updates completely on every edition of Windows 10 20H2? Thanks Bye 170059
  6. How to disable windows automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable windows automatic updates?: What is the best way to disable windows 10 from automatically restarting for updates in 2020 without risk of losing data or other things? I tried disabling windows updates in services. I have a windows home, so no using group editing policies to stop updates, which was one...
  7. Disable automatics updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable automatics updates: How to disable automatic updates in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-automatics-updates/d6484564-a7b1-4fd7-bd15-520dd58072cf
  8. Disabled Automatic Updates using gpedit - how about minor updates?

Disabled Automatic Updates using gpedit - how about minor updates?: I have disabled automatic updates using group policy editor and run 'check for updates' at regular intervals. Have been doing so for a long time. All fine. However, whilst doing so, I wonder whether indeed totally nothing is being updated, except then for AV-stuff. I mean :...
  9. how to disable clipboard, or copy and paste using registry or gpedit

in Windows 10 Support
    how to disable clipboard, or copy and paste using registry or gpedit: is there anyway to permanently disable clipboard or copy and paste in windows 10, best thing ifound was stopper and prevent and there easy to bypass is there anything i can do in gpedit or the registry to disable it permanently 111885
  10. Question about disabling automatic updates.

Question about disabling automatic updates.: Does enabling this option in the Group Policy work? Is it normal for this notification in the settings to continue reading that updates will be installed automatically, despite enabling the "Notify before downloading and installing" option? [img] 69027