Windows 10: Disabled bitlocker and now can’t remember login password

Discus and support Disabled bitlocker and now can’t remember login password in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, i had bitlocker enabled on a laptop, i disabled it and when i went to login afterwards i was prompted for my local password. Problem is I don’t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fhjk779, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Disabled bitlocker and now can’t remember login password

Hi, i had bitlocker enabled on a laptop, i disabled it and when i went to login afterwards i was prompted for my local password.

Problem is I don’t know my local password, i forgot it and have been using a pin number instead, which now isn’t prompted for and doesn’t work when i try it. Tried my bitlocker recovery keys which also don’t work.

I tried doing the old replacing sticky keys with cmd.exe trick but I’m not able to mount the OS drive on linux. Any tips?

submitted by /u/fhjk779
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fhjk779, Apr 11, 2020

2. How to Remove login screen and completely Disable login password ??

Hello,

We apologize for the delay in response.

as you have already tried to disable the login password from netplwiz, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • click on Categories and select Large icons.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Require password on wakeup.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Select the option, Don't require a password and click on
      Save changes

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 11, 2020
  3. 7.62 Win User
    Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

4. Disabled bitlocker and now can’t remember login password

Cannot remember password and PIN to login

Hi,

As per the query, I would like to inform that you require to create a password prior to the creation of the PIN. If you remember the password, click on the sign-in options under the password box in the login screen.

If you forgot your Microsoft account password,
    follow these steps.

If you don’t have a Microsoft account and forgot your local account password,
    you can’t recover it. Instead, you’ll need to reset your PC.

Warning: Following these steps will remove all of your data, programs, and settings.

• Start your PC and select the Power icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the lock screen.
    • While holding down the Shift key, select Restart.
    • On the Boot options menu, select Troubleshoot > Reset this PC > Remove everything.
    • Your PC will restart and will reset itself.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Disabled bitlocker and now can’t remember login password

1. Disabled bitlocker and now can’t remember login password - Similar Threads - Disabled bitlocker can’t

2. I can’t remember the password to my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t remember the password to my computer.: I haven’t been on my computer in I’d say about 4 months and I forgot my computer password, well I tried to reset it but I don’t have access to the email associated with the account because I forgot that password too. Mind you I created this account in middle school I tried to...
  3. Can’t remember my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t remember my password: I can’t remember my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remember-my-password/fb5f1947-9f1d-4972-8d94-ab3baa0819eb
  4. Can’t remember my password

Can’t remember my password: I can’t remember my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-remember-my-password/fb5f1947-9f1d-4972-8d94-ab3baa0819eb
  5. eset my Microsoft password but now can’t login to my laptop and I don’t remember my old...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    eset my Microsoft password but now can’t login to my laptop and I don’t remember my old...: I have reset my Microsoft password but now I can’t login to my laptop. I don’t remember the old password. Please help me. I need to fix this ASAP!!!...
  6. eset my Microsoft password but now can’t login to my laptop and I don’t remember my old...

eset my Microsoft password but now can’t login to my laptop and I don’t remember my old...: I have reset my Microsoft password but now I can’t login to my laptop. I don’t remember the old password. Please help me. I need to fix this ASAP!!!...
  7. eset my Microsoft password but now can’t login to my laptop and I don’t remember my old...

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Stuck on Safe Mode and can’t remember the password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stuck on Safe Mode and can’t remember the password: I was having trouble with Microsoft Store i was following some i structions to try to fix it I did msconfig and clicked on boot and restarted my computer on safe mode but I realized I could not remember the Password because i started using a pin a while ago to log in I tried...
  9. Disabled bitlocker and now can’t remember login password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabled bitlocker and now can’t remember login password: Hi, i had bitlocker enabled on a laptop, i disabled it and when i went to login afterwards i was prompted for my local password. Problem is I don’t know my local password, i forgot it and have been using a pin number instead, which now isn’t prompted for and doesn’t work...
  10. Windows can’t remember my password/PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows can’t remember my password/PIN: I’m running Windows 10 64 bit. When I boot the PC, and I’m at the sign-in screen, and I type in my PIN to sign in, Windows tells me my PIN is incorrect even though I’m 100% sure I’m typing it correctly. I’ve now changed my PIN 5 times in the last 24 hours. I’ve written...