Windows 10: Disabled CTRL key on Windows registry and now I can't sign in.

Discus and support Disabled CTRL key on Windows registry and now I can't sign in. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having issues with the CTRL buttons becoming software locked and would cause my computer to act as if they were always being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Crarazy, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Crarazy Win User

Disabled CTRL key on Windows registry and now I can't sign in.

Hello,

I've been having issues with the CTRL buttons becoming software locked and would cause my computer to act as if they were always being pressed. I downloaded a keyboard registry editor to temporarily disable them, which I did, not thinking I had to hold "ctrl+alt+del" in order to access my login page. Now since they are disabled I'm no longer able to sign in. II'v tried swapping ctrl functionality with the FN function in the bios which did not work either, as it just moved the registry edit to that as well.

Is there anything i can do within CMD in the start-up menu to renable a ctrl key or any other method to get around this?

Thanks,

Noah

:)

Crarazy, Dec 24, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

ctrl alt del to logon

Hi Diane,

Conflicts with the user account settings is one of the possible reasons why the secure sign-in option is enabled on your computer even if the box in the settings is not checked. I would suggest that you enable and disable the
    Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type control userpasswords2 or netplwiz and press the Enter key.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Secure sign-in, check the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox.
    • Click Apply.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Open the same settings again and uncheck the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox and follow the
      steps 5 and 6.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Trying to disable the Insert key with a Registry edit

Hi Bill,

We appreciate the information that you provided. For us to narrow down your concern with
    disabling the Insert key with a Registry edit, have you tried creating a backup before editing the registry? If yes, we suggest that you restore it back; then, try it again with the correct entry. To do this, see this
    link, and follow the steps/instructions.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Both CTRL keys not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

• Do you get any error message?
    • Did you make any changes in your computer prior to this issue?

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Method 1: To check if Ctrl keys work in Onscreen keyboard.

• Press Windows Key + R and type osk and hit Enter.
    Try using Ctrl keys and check if that helps.

if you still face the issue, try Method 2.

Method 2: Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Disabled CTRL key on Windows registry and now I can't sign in. - Similar Threads - Disabled CTRL key

2. i reset windows 10 and now can't sign in

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i reset windows 10 and now can't sign in: i reset windows 10 from cloud storage and now i can't login. it asks for a password and everything i put in is wrong. i made a password wizard disc from my other windows 10 computer but get an error message when using it. i have a picture password screen but when i use it...
  3. i reset windows 10 and now can't sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i reset windows 10 and now can't sign in: i reset windows 10 from cloud storage and now i can't login. it asks for a password and everything i put in is wrong. i made a password wizard disc from my other windows 10 computer but get an error message when using it. i have a picture password screen but when i use it...
  4. Can't disable Windows 10 sign-in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't disable Windows 10 sign-in: My PC has never required a password, still yesterday I was forced to set one up to sign in, So I made one hoping I could just disable it, yet after using every method I still havent turned it off, The methods I have tried1. Selected "Never" for Require sign-in2. Turned off...
  5. Windows updated and now i can't sign in!?!?!?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updated and now i can't sign in!?!?!?: So windows did a security update and restarted my computer. When i try to log in it says it is having trouble and created a temp profile and suggests i log out and re-sign in. Doesn't work. Restart the computer. Doesn't work. I understand security updates are necessary...
  6. can't disable ctrl alt f12

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't disable ctrl alt f12: I went to go take a screenshot on my computer and instead of pressing ctrl+alt+print screen, I accidentally pressed ctrl+alt+f12. I was in game and usually I can't move my mouse between my two monitors unless I minimize the game but when i pressed the f12 key I was able to...
  7. now my keyboard is disabled and I can't sign into my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    now my keyboard is disabled and I can't sign into my computer: Free cat to whoever helps me. My cat has yet again "fluffed up" my laptop except now I'm 10 times more mad because now my keyboard is disabled and I can't sign into my computer to use it. Alpha-numeric is totally bautched, but at least the enter key and mouse work. Can you...
  8. Disabling Keys via Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling Keys via Registry: I need to disable the Ctrl, Alt, Del, Esc, an function keys. These need to be registry edits, not through 3rd party software. Thanks in advance :) 141760
  9. Registry keys registry keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry keys registry keys: Where can I customize the file type/extension icon? John 137822
  10. Can't disable Ctrl Alt Disable on Windows 10 Login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't disable Ctrl Alt Disable on Windows 10 Login screen: Hello my friends, I activated the ctrl alt disable login screen for Windows 10 by using this registry key from this forum.(Lock Screen - Enable or Disable in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums). I downloaded and installed the key to disable only to find it didn't work so I...