Windows 10: Disabled Drivers and Dead Monitors

Discus and support Disabled Drivers and Dead Monitors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I accidentally disabled the driver for my monitors trying to fix the main monitor. The main monitor wasn't working and I made it worst with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BadWiFi, Aug 9, 2021.

1. BadWiFi Win User

Disabled Drivers and Dead Monitors

So I accidentally disabled the driver for my monitors trying to fix the main monitor. The main monitor wasn't working and I made it worst with disabling the driver and killing the signal from my second monitor. No signal to my monitors so I can't see anything, how can I fix this?

:)

BadWiFi, Aug 9, 2021

2. Graphics Driver Issue with Monitor auto disabling!

Since installing the latest Windows Fall update, I have a bug I cant fix. I have an Nvidia 1080 GTX card with 3 monitors connected. All working fine before update. After the update, and restart, the main monitor connected to the display port disabled. But
    windows 10 still listed it as an active monitor. Disabling it in control panel, disconnecting the cable and rebooting didn't resolve this. Installing the latest 388.13 drivers immediately enabled the screen and all working fine, even after a restart.

Next day I had the same problem and the monitor wouldn't switch on, although Windows listed it as active still. Again installing the driver fresh resolved the issue. However yesterday the login screen defaulted to the disabled monitor so I couldn't log in.
    I tried having only one monitor connected but made no difference. In the end I had to resort to a complete reinstall. I did a fresh format on the OS, carried out all updates and all working fine. Then this morning the same problem again! This was using the
    standard Windows Drivers before installing the Nvidia ones, eliminating the driver as the issue.

Any ideas as I'm fearful the same problem will manifest and I wont be able to log into the machine again after spending a day rebuilding it!

PaulStorey3DVR, Aug 9, 2021
  3. ASUS PB278Q Monitor drivers..

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that primary monitor of your computer says that there are no driver updates to Windows 10. We will help you to resolve this issue.

I would like to inform that as the manufacturer website says there are no updated driver, you will have to wait for the drivers to be released.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps as a workaround and check if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you to try the steps check for the updates using below updates:

• Right click on the Start button on the desktop and select
      Device manager.

• With Device Manager open, click
      >
      icon to open the category that you think contains the device you want to update the drivers for.

• Once you've found the device you're updating drivers for, right click on the hardware's name or icon and choose
      Update Driver Software.

• The Update Driver Software wizard will begin, which we'll completely step through to finish the Windows 10 driver update for this piece of hardware.

• Follow the onscreen instructions.
    Note: If updates are found the device would be updated.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 9, 2021
  4. Disabled Drivers and Dead Monitors

dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

Disabled Drivers and Dead Monitors 277833d1379328243t-hdmi-monitor-no-speakers-no-sound-anywhere-when-connected-sound.png

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 9, 2021
Thema:

Disabled Drivers and Dead Monitors

1. Disabled Drivers and Dead Monitors - Similar Threads - Disabled Drivers Dead

2. Would the monitor drivers be disabling brightness in Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would the monitor drivers be disabling brightness in Windows?: TL;DR: Could the drivers of the monitor be handling and thus disabling brightness settings even though there is no external monitor? For context, I am trying to get the most accurate sRGB colours possible if an image is displayed with the sRGB colour profile embedded oddly...
  3. Would the monitor drivers be disabling brightness in Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Would the monitor drivers be disabling brightness in Windows?: TL;DR: Could the drivers of the monitor be handling and thus disabling brightness settings even though there is no external monitor? For context, I am trying to get the most accurate sRGB colours possible if an image is displayed with the sRGB colour profile embedded oddly...
  4. Would the monitor drivers be disabling brightness in Windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Change monitor resolution above dead zone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change monitor resolution above dead zone: My monitor recently broke, and the right part of the monitor is displaying gibberish, is there any way that I could make windows ignore that zone and stop the image left of that area?...
  6. Change monitor resolution above dead zone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change monitor resolution above dead zone: My monitor recently broke, and the right part of the monitor is displaying gibberish, is there any way that I could make windows ignore that zone and stop the image left of that area?...
  7. Monitor Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Drivers: I have been trying to update my monitor drivers for a while now. I got the official drivers from their website and then tried to update it manually. Windows told me that the best options were already installed. Well, the "best option" is from 2006 so I doubt that. I then...
  8. Is the monitor dead?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is the monitor dead?: I have an LG 32 inch monitor. It uses a USB power cord. If I connect the USB power cord between the monitor and my computer and no monitor light turns on, does that mean the monitor is dead?
  9. Dead keyboard and monitor on "awake"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dead keyboard and monitor on "awake": I have installed Windows 10 on my desktop. I always try to restart after a "sleep" by pressing the mouse button. It usually starts ok, but sometimes the monitor and keyboard don't activate. I have to power off/power on to get them working again....
  10. Disable Dead Gateway Detection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable Dead Gateway Detection: EnableDeadGWDetect under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters to 1. To disable dead gateway detection, set the registry value to 0. I follow those rules, but when I get to Parameters, there isn't a numerical value to set there, and there is...