Windows 10: Disabled ethernet getting reconnected

Discus and support Disabled ethernet getting reconnected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. First time poster here. W10 users. I tend to open multiple browser windows with multiple tabs, creating a queue for pages to visit over time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kens, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Kens Win User

Disabled ethernet getting reconnected

Hi. First time poster here. W10 users. I tend to open multiple browser windows with multiple tabs, creating a queue for pages to visit over time. Consequently, I simply put my PC to sleep at night rather than shutting down. I have returned to my workstation on multiple mornings to find my computer awake. When I looked at the event log, it's as if Microsoft, Dell and Intel have been having a party virtually all night long, defeating the energy savings, etc. To try to get around this, I started disabling my ethernet connection along with putting the PC to sleep, thinking that what do it. This morning, I came downstairs to find the PC fully awake, and the ethernet connection restored.

Some may say, 'Hey, the company apps are simply performing essential functions at times that don't interrupt your full access to computer features, bandwidth, etc.' Fine, but it appears that a lot of what is getting "updated" is unnecessary, i.e., similar to iPhone app "updates." I prefer to control what gets updated when.

So, my question: How can I ensure my ethernet connection remains disabled and my PC remains in sleep mode short of turning off the computer every night? Would logging off every night make a difference? Is that even possible with W10?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Kens, Aug 1, 2020
  2. BcTorq Win User

Disable ethernet

Hello Comdervids, My name is Brian. I am an independent advisor and Windows 10 user. After reading your question, I am understanding it as you want to disable your ethernet port in order to remove it from the connections list.

To do this follow these simple steps below.

1. Right-click the wifi icon at the bottom right where the date and time are located on the taskbar.

2. Click open Network & Internet settings

3. Select Ethernet on the left

4. Right-click the port you want to disable

5. Click disable

Done!

That's it, it's that simple.

Best of luck and feel free to respond if I can be of further assistance.

Brian

BcTorq, Aug 1, 2020
  3. rez001 Win User
    IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Disabled ethernet getting reconnected install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Disabled ethernet getting reconnected pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Disabled ethernet getting reconnected select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Disabled ethernet getting reconnected Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Aug 1, 2020
  4. lennonjon Win User

Constant ethernet disconnects and reconnects on Windows Home 64-bit

This has absolutely nothing to do with my issue. Did you even read my post?

I am having ethernet connection issues, not MIDI sound problems.

lennonjon, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Disabled ethernet getting reconnected - Similar Threads - Disabled ethernet getting

2. Ethernet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: Hi. My ethernet connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and i can't get a stable connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/31ad416c-ff9a-427d-84b4-1ce4252514a5
  3. Ethernet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: Hi. My ethernet connection keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and i can't get a stable connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-keeps-disconnecting-and-reconnecting/31ad416c-ff9a-427d-84b4-1ce4252514a5
  4. Ethernet - Internet not recognized when reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet - Internet not recognized when reconnecting: I have a w10 desktop, set up 2 internet connections - 1 main ethernet and 1 wifi adaptor which is connected to an EE dongle for use as a back-up connection. Windows obviously defaults to ethernet and then when I pull the ethernet out to replicate issue with the line it...
  5. Ethernet connection Reconnect randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connection Reconnect randomly: Hello, I have a problem for a few days with my ethernet connection. I can't play online games because my ethernet connection randomly reconnects after 4-6 minutes, in ethernet state, the duration each time restarts after certain period. Please help....
  6. Ethernet connection Reconnect randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet connection Reconnect randomly: Hello, I have a problem for a few days with my ethernet connection. I can't play online games because my ethernet connection randomly reconnects after 4-6 minutes, in ethernet state, the duration each time restarts after certain period. Please help....
  7. Ethernet connection Reconnect randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Ethernet disconnecting / reconnecting Windows 10

Ethernet disconnecting / reconnecting Windows 10: This is intermittent problem, so has been aggravating to say the least. What I have tried. Uninstalling/Reinstalling Network Adapter Driver Removing Network Adapter Driver restarting Updating Network Adapter Driver restarting Turning off /unchecking Power Management on...
  9. Disable ethernet

Disable ethernet: I connected to a mobile hotspot recently, and now this "No Internet" option is showing on top of the Wi-Fi page. [ATTACH] When I click on it, it takes me to the ethernet settings page. How can I remove this from the list? Right clicking the device in settings does nothing....
  10. Ethernet connection is spiking, disconnecting and reconnecting

Ethernet connection is spiking, disconnecting and reconnecting: Hi everyone. I have a problem with my internet connection. First, I've tried a PCI Wi-Fi card and a repeater and nothing change. My computer have a problem with the internet connection. When I play games like Counter-Strike, I'm spiking and I have some rollback every...