Windows 10: Disabled Exploit Protection System-wide but Process Explorer shows CFG and DEP enabled.

Discus and support Disabled Exploit Protection System-wide but Process Explorer shows CFG and DEP enabled. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This is a clean installation on new hardware on 21h2. I am trying to disable all exploit protection settings system-wide.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kyle_____, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Kyle_____ Win User

Disabled Exploit Protection System-wide but Process Explorer shows CFG and DEP enabled.

This is a clean installation on new hardware on 21h2. I am trying to disable all exploit protection settings system-wide.

:)

Kyle_____, Jan 13, 2022
  2. TONPumper Win User

Difference Between Exploit Protection DEP & Performance Options DEP

When I was playing around with some settings in Windows Defender, I noticed that there is a setting to turn on/turn off DEP in the Exploit Protection settings section. I've had trouble with DEP on Windows 7 so I ran the following command to disable it completely: bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

When I installed Windows 10, I didn't check to make sure that DEP was still disabled in Performance Options. Today I noticed a setting in Windows Defender where DEP was turned on. Naturally, not wanting this feature, I turned off the setting and rebooted. Then I thought about the DEP in Performance Options and was wondering if my turning off the DEP in Windows Defender also disable the DEP in Performance Options, or if they are unrelated and when I upgraded to Windows 10 that it saved my setting to disable DEP from Windows 7. So what exactly is the difference between the two--if any at all?

Disabled Exploit Protection System-wide but Process Explorer shows CFG and DEP enabled. [​IMG]

Disabled Exploit Protection System-wide but Process Explorer shows CFG and DEP enabled. [​IMG]

TONPumper, Jan 14, 2022
  3. RAJU.MSC Win User
    WINDOWS DEFENDER EXPLOIT PROTECTION POWERSHELL SCRIPTS TO ENABLE OR DISABLE PROCESS MIGITATION COMPONENTS

I am sharing some PowerShell scripts to enable migration process components at system level

Just open WINDOWS POWERSHELL run as administrator and enter the following commands to enable

Set-ProcessMitigation System -enable AllowStoreSignedBinaries

Set-ProcessMitigation System -enable AllowThreadsToOptOut

Set-ProcessMitigation System -enable BlockDynamicCode

Set-ProcessMitigation System -enable BlockLowLabelImageLoads

Set-ProcessMitigation system -enable BlockRemoteImageLoads

Set-ProcessMitigation system -enable BottomUp

Set-ProcessMitigation system -enable CFG

Set-ProcessMitigation system -enable DEP

Set-ProcessMitigation System -enable DisableExtensionPoints

Set-ProcessMitigation System -enable DisableNonSystemFonts

Set-ProcessMitigation System -enable DisableWin32kSystemCalls

Set-ProcessMitigation System -enable DisallowChildProcessCreation

Set-ProcessMitigation System -enable EmulateAtlThunks

Set-ProcessMitigation system -enable EnableExportAddressFilter

Set-ProcessMitigation system -enable EnableExportAddressFilterPlus

Set-ProcessMitigation system -enable EnableImportAddressFilter

Set-ProcessMitigation system -enable EnableRopCallerCheck

Set-ProcessMitigation system -enable EnableRopSimExec

Set-ProcessMitigation system -enable EnableRopStackPivot

Set-ProcessMitigation System -enable EnforceModuleDependencySigning

Set-ProcessMitigation system -enable ForceRelocateImages

Set-ProcessMitigation System -enable HighEntropy

Set-ProcessMitigation System -enable MicrosoftSignedOnly

Set-ProcessMitigation System -enable PreferSystem32

Set-ProcessMitigation System -enable RequireInfo

Set-ProcessMitigation system -enable SEHOP

Set-ProcessMitigation system -enable StrictHandle

Set-ProcessMitigation system -enable SuppressExports

Set-ProcessMitigation system -enable TerminateOnError

to Disable migration process components at system level

Just open WINDOWS POWERSHELL run as administrator and enter the following commands to Disable

Set-ProcessMitigation System -disable AllowStoreSignedBinaries

Set-ProcessMitigation System -disable AllowThreadsToOptOut

Set-ProcessMitigation System -disable BlockDynamicCode

Set-ProcessMitigation System -disable BlockLowLabelImageLoads

Set-ProcessMitigation system -disable BlockRemoteImageLoads

Set-ProcessMitigation system -disable BottomUp

Set-ProcessMitigation system -disable CFG

Set-ProcessMitigation system -disable DEP

Set-ProcessMitigation System -disable DisableExtensionPoints

Set-ProcessMitigation System -disable DisableNonSystemFonts

Set-ProcessMitigation System -disable DisableWin32kSystemCalls

Set-ProcessMitigation System -disable DisallowChildProcessCreation

Set-ProcessMitigation System -disable EmulateAtlThunks

Set-ProcessMitigation system -disable EnableExportAddressFilter

Set-ProcessMitigation system -disable EnableExportAddressFilterPlus

Set-ProcessMitigation system -disable EnableImportAddressFilter

Set-ProcessMitigation system -disable EnableRopCallerCheck

Set-ProcessMitigation system -disable EnableRopSimExec

Set-ProcessMitigation system -disable EnableRopStackPivot

Set-ProcessMitigation System -disable EnforceModuleDependencySigning

Set-ProcessMitigation system -disable ForceRelocateImages

Set-ProcessMitigation System -disable HighEntropy

Set-ProcessMitigation System -disable MicrosoftSignedOnly

Set-ProcessMitigation System -disable PreferSystem32

Set-ProcessMitigation System -disable RequireInfo

Set-ProcessMitigation system -disable SEHOP

Set-ProcessMitigation system -disable StrictHandle

Set-ProcessMitigation system -disable SuppressExports

Set-ProcessMitigation system -disable TerminateOnError

above commands are used to Disable protection at system level

for more information visit below micosoft website :

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...er-exploit-guard/customize-exploit-protection

I am requesting moderators and engineers to review my article is it ok for windows 10 , PLEASE COMMENTS HERE

I have enabled above process migitation components in my windows 10 laptop

Disabled Exploit Protection System-wide but Process Explorer shows CFG and DEP enabled. ba3dcdcc-0978-4542-85ea-543bbee5c1bc?upload=true.jpg

[table][tr][td] Disabled Exploit Protection System-wide but Process Explorer shows CFG and DEP enabled. 047e108b-7f0e-40c7-bde9-7defe44559ca?upload=true.jpg [/td][/tr][tr][td][/tr][tr][td][/tr][tr][td][/tr][tr][td][/tr][tr][td][/tr][tr][td][/tr][tr][td][/tr][tr][td][/tr][tr][td][/tr][tr][td][/tr][tr][td][/tr][tr][td][/tr][tr][td][/tr][/table]

Moved from: Windows 10 / Security & privacy

RAJU.MSC, Jan 14, 2022
  4. Disabled Exploit Protection System-wide but Process Explorer shows CFG and DEP enabled.

DEP errors make webpages unavailable

Hi Richard,

Data Execution Prevention (DEP) is a set of hardware and software technologies that perform additional checks on memory to help protect against malicious code exploits. You can turn off Data Execution Prevention for a particular program in Windows by following
    the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click on This PC, choose Properties and then click on the
      Advanced system settings link.
    • Now click on the Data Execution Prevention tab and you’ll see two radio buttons. By default, DEP should be set to the first radio button and therefore only protect essential Windows programs and services. If the second radio button is selected,
      it will turn on DEP for ALL processes, not just Windows processes.
    • Since you’re having issues with your browsers, go ahead and try to select the first radio button, restart your computer and see if that fixes the issue. If not, you can go ahead and click the Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those
      I select
      button and then add the program that is having problems. Make sure to also check the box.
    • Click the Add button and browse to the location of the executable for the program you want to remove from DEP protection.

Let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

Disabled Exploit Protection System-wide but Process Explorer shows CFG and DEP enabled.

1. Disabled Exploit Protection System-wide but Process Explorer shows CFG and DEP enabled. - Similar Threads - Disabled Exploit Protection

2. Disabled Exploit Protection System-wide but Process Explorer shows CFG and DEP enabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabled Exploit Protection System-wide but Process Explorer shows CFG and DEP enabled.: This is a clean installation on new hardware on 21h2. I am trying to disable all exploit protection settings system-wide. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabled-exploit-protection-system-wide-but/6109c095-67ea-448a-a70b-9015c9b90269
  3. Disabled Exploit Protection System-wide but Process Explorer shows CFG and DEP enabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled Exploit Protection System-wide but Process Explorer shows CFG and DEP enabled.: This is a clean installation on new hardware on 21h2. I am trying to disable all exploit protection settings system-wide. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabled-exploit-protection-system-wide-but/6109c095-67ea-448a-a70b-9015c9b90269
  4. Exploit Protect/System Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Exploit Protect/System Settings: Hey there!I just have a simple question to ask, nothing too technical.I was just wondering for the sake of knowledge and education,what is the difference between, "Use default On" vs "On by default" in the exploit protection settings?If you can explain, can you do so in...
  5. Exploit protection settings

Exploit protection settings: 1. I do not understand the "System settings" options under EXPLOIT PROTECTION in Windows Defender set up section. What does "Use default on vs. "On by default mean? What is the safest? 2, What is SEHOP? What is "heap integrity" What is "High-entropy ASLR...
  6. WINDOWS DEFENDER EXPLOIT PROTECTION POWERSHELL SCRIPTS TO ENABLE PROCESS MIGITATION...

WINDOWS DEFENDER EXPLOIT PROTECTION POWERSHELL SCRIPTS TO ENABLE PROCESS MIGITATION...: i am sharing some PowerShell scripts to enable certain process migration components for the various application settings The following components are recommended to enable different applications Dep BottomUp ForceRelocateImages EnableExportAddressFilterPlus...
  7. WINDOWS DEFENDER EXPLOIT PROTECTION POWERSHELL SCRIPTS TO ENABLE OR DISABLE PROCESS...

WINDOWS DEFENDER EXPLOIT PROTECTION POWERSHELL SCRIPTS TO ENABLE OR DISABLE PROCESS...: I am sharing some PowerShell scripts to enable migration process components at system level Just open WINDOWS POWERSHELL run as administrator and enter the following commands to enable Set-ProcessMitigation System -enable AllowStoreSignedBinaries...
  8. WINDOWS DEFENDER EXPLOIT PROTECTION POWERSHELL SCRIPTS TO ENABLE OR DISABLE PROCESS...

WINDOWS DEFENDER EXPLOIT PROTECTION POWERSHELL SCRIPTS TO ENABLE OR DISABLE PROCESS...: I am sharing some PowerShell scripts to enable migration process components at system level Just open WINDOWS POWERSHELL run as administrator and enter the following commands to enable Set-ProcessMitigation System -enable AllowStoreSignedBinaries...
  9. Difference Between Exploit Protection DEP & Performance Options DEP

Difference Between Exploit Protection DEP & Performance Options DEP: When I was playing around with some settings in Windows Defender, I noticed that there is a setting to turn on/turn off DEP in the Exploit Protection settings section. I've had trouble with DEP on Windows 7 so I ran the following command to disable it completely: bcdedit.exe...
  10. Enable or Disable Windows Defender Exploit Protection Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Windows Defender Exploit Protection Settings: How to: Enable or Disable Windows Defender Exploit Protection Settings How to Enable or Disable Windows Defender Exploit Protection Settings in Windows 10 Starting with Windows Security app. Exploit protection is built into Windows 10 to help protect your device...