Windows 10: Disabled gpu still has output.

Discus and support Disabled gpu still has output. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an rx580 and gtx 1070 in my system, and would like win10 to use the 1070 only. After disabling the Rx 580 in device manager, I still get output... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hubert787, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Disabled gpu still has output.

I have an rx580 and gtx 1070 in my system, and would like win10 to use the 1070 only. After disabling the Rx 580 in device manager, I still get output on the second gpu when I switch to it in the monitor settings. The display there is very low resolution but stuff works. This wouldn't be a huge issue as I obviously don't have to change the monitor input. However, the cursor goes "off" the screen when moving it to the right edge, and this is a problem. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks, Hubert.

submitted by /u/Hubert787
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hubert787, Aug 23, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

5.1 surround sound issue in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

If you’re connecting an optical cable the settings would be changed so try the following steps

Two options:

1. Use the optical S/PDIF output of your motherboard.

2. Use the HDMI output of your GPU. (This is what I'd recommend if you're using a HDMI display).

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel.

• Select sound.

• Click on playback devices.

For option 1- connect the cable and set the 'Realtek digital output' as default device.

• Then right click on it.

• Go to properties.

• At the rightmost tab select DTS or Dolby Digital or 5.1.
    For option 2-connect the HDMI cable through the receiver and set the 'Nvidia HDMI Output' as your default device. Then click 'Configure' and select 5.1 and check if it helps.

If the issue persist then, I suggest you to connect the speakers directly and check in the realtek audio manager if he gets the 5.1 option or not using the SPDIF\output.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 23, 2020
  3. GPU crashes after installing windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

As you said, you are facing the issue while playing a game that requires better gpu.so, the issue is related to graphics driver.

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

Method 1

As, you tried uninstalling nvidia gpu and installing newest drivers(358.50),and it did not work. so, in that case I suggest you to download and install the earlier version of the driver from
    manufacturer website and check .

If issue persists,

Method 2

I suggest you to disable Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and check if it helps..

To do so, Please follow the steps below:

• Type devicemanager in the
      search
      bar.

• Expand the display driver.

• Right click on
      Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
      driver and click disable.

Still issue persists,

Please contact to the manufacturer website.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Aug 23, 2020
  4. Disabled gpu still has output.

Welcome to the Thunder dome!!!!!

Switching between HDMI or regular audio will be very simple once you have made the connections.

In Vista -> Right click the speaking icon in the task bar --> playback devices --> select HDMI and set as default.

In "Playback Devices" you will see 2 HDMI outputs in the list. I suggest you disable the second HDMI audio in the device manager. In device manager the second device will be below the main HDMI output in the list of sound devices. you can disable it there to save confusion.

TRIPTEX_CAN, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Disabled gpu still has output.

1. Disabled gpu still has output. - Similar Threads - Disabled gpu still

2. Bitlocker prompt with GPU output?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker prompt with GPU output?: I have my monitor connected to my desktop via HDMI Out on my GPU card, and a non-TPM BitLocker due to some-but-not-all partitions being encryptable with BitLocker where I have to put in a password. When I load windows, the BitLocker prompt is just a blue screen and I have to...
  3. Bitlocker prompt with GPU output?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker prompt with GPU output?: I have my monitor connected to my desktop via HDMI Out on my GPU card, and a non-TPM BitLocker due to some-but-not-all partitions being encryptable with BitLocker where I have to put in a password. When I load windows, the BitLocker prompt is just a blue screen and I have to...
  4. Bitlocker prompt with GPU output?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Upgraded GPU, No Video Output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded GPU, No Video Output: I upgraded my GTX 1060 6gb to an RTX 3070. After installing it, turning the system on, and installing new drivers, I concluded that the computer worked fine. However, when I finished closing the side panels of my case and turned the computer on again, I saw that all the...
  6. Upgraded GPU, No Video Output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded GPU, No Video Output: I upgraded my GTX 1060 6gb to an RTX 3070. After installing it, turning the system on, and installing new drivers, I concluded that the computer worked fine. However, when I finished closing the side panels of my case and turned the computer on again, I saw that all the...
  7. Upgraded GPU, No Video Output

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Headphone Output Usually Fails STILL!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone Output Usually Fails STILL!!: Yet another locked thread on this topic with no useful response at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/headphone-output-usually-fails-still/b9cb0562-d5e7-4e07-8dd0-6c32c1dba367?tm=1603565533180. When will Microsoft offer a real as...
  9. No GPU output (3080) after an update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No GPU output (3080) after an update: Any idea what could have happened? Currently uninstalling the update. submitted by /u/Dehyak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jndu2t/no_gpu_output_3080_after_an_update/
  10. microphone has no output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    microphone has no output: my mic has not been outputting anything for the past few days and it becoming a pain. before you spit generic garbage at me my problem is something more in depth then just disabled permission all I know is the mic is plugged in I have verified it works using my phone when...