Windows 10: Disabled IE but why?

Discus and support Disabled IE but why? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Do I keep getting temporary files? Thanks 72058 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by debgram, Dec 10, 2016.

1. debgram Win User

Disabled IE but why?

Do I keep getting temporary files? Thanks

:)

debgram, Dec 10, 2016
  2. Denny-H Win User

IE Plugin installed but disabled & grayed out for one user, working for 2nd user.

The Plugin (WebActiveEXE.exe) for my Q-See IP cameras is showing when viewed using Internet Explorer / Manage Add-ons, but it is disabled & grayed out for the "default User", (it use to work OK). I'm thinking a registry setting was changed when I
    "trial-ran " Avast anti-virus and allowed the program to cleanup what it found,

I have since uninstalled Avast and added a "2nd User" to the computer which allowed me to re-install the plugin for that "2nd User" and then view the cameras.. The plugin shows as it should when logged in under the "2nd User".

When logged in using the "default User" the plug-in is still disabled and I cannot enable, reinstall, uninstall or delete that plugin.

About a week after I uninstalled Avast, I did email Avast about this problem and Avast asked me to run a file and send them the results, I did that and Avast said there were "no other reports like my problem" and I should try uninstalling and reinstalling
    their program.. Uninstalling Avast earlier proved ineffective and I never reinstalled the program.

If it was a registry setting (big assumption on my part) that was changed by Avast can you point me to the registry entry area in question so I can compare both User's options?

Maybe it's as simple as changing a 0 to a 1.. I don't want to "Reset IE or Windows 10 to New" to fix my problem if at all possible... much thanks..

Denny-H, Dec 10, 2016
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    IE Plugin installed but disabled & grayed out for one user, working for 2nd user.

Hi,

Private Message sent.

Regards.

Paolo Mag, Dec 10, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Disabled IE but why?

In the grand scheme of things Windows, File Explorer [and the older Windows Explorer] is pretty much the core of Windows and IE is tied into it, can do things in IE that can also be done in FE. You might open Task Manager and check if iexplore.exe is running in the background. If not wanting to open IE you can delete TIFs [Temporary Internet Files] in Control Panel, Internet Options. I find it necessary to keep IE so as to access many Microsoft pages and even some other/third-party sites even though Edge is supposed to do it but not so much always. Microsoft appears to be behind the eight-ball with their own sites, equates to not having the resources to get fully up to speed. Another point: if not able to get what one needs from Microsoft they go to other sites, may not get the cleanest downloads they need.

Berton, Dec 10, 2016
  5. debgram Win User
    yeah I have been deleting them that way, just wondering why I keep getting them, it's not running in task manager

debgram, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Disabled IE but why?

1. Disabled IE but why? - Similar Threads - Disabled why

2. I can't disable VirtualizationBasedSecurity VBS. WHY?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't disable VirtualizationBasedSecurity VBS. WHY?: My specs: Windows 10 Pro, AMD Ryzen 5000. Joined domain.Please see my screenshot https://i.stack.imgur.com/IqkPO.png1. I tried turn off Memory Integrity in the Window Security panel with admin privilege, it still become on after I restarted my PC. I tried more than 10 times2....
  3. I can't disable VirtualizationBasedSecurity VBS. WHY?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't disable VirtualizationBasedSecurity VBS. WHY?: My specs: Windows 10 Pro, AMD Ryzen 5000. Joined domain.Please see my screenshot https://i.stack.imgur.com/IqkPO.png1. I tried turn off Memory Integrity in the Window Security panel with admin privilege, it still become on after I restarted my PC. I tried more than 10 times2....
  4. I can't disable VirtualizationBasedSecurity VBS. WHY?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Why can't I disable real time protection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I disable real time protection?: I'm trying to disable real-time protection, but I can't do that until I disable tamper protection, and it doesn't allow me to do that even though I'm the administrator.I tried gpedit, regedit, safe mode, cmd, and PowerShell but nothing worked....
  6. Why can't I disable real time protection?

Why can't I disable real time protection?: I'm trying to disable real-time protection, but I can't do that until I disable tamper protection, and it doesn't allow me to do that even though I'm the administrator.I tried gpedit, regedit, safe mode, cmd, and PowerShell but nothing worked....
  7. why we have to disable the firmware protection to get the s3 sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why we have to disable the firmware protection to get the s3 sleep?: if I disabled the modern standby s0 low power ideal then the sleep option is removed from everywhere and it shows Standby S3 The current Device Guard configuration has disabled this standby state.I want to get the s3 sleep state. if I disabled the firmware protection than the...
  8. why we have to disable the firmware protection to get the s3 sleep?

why we have to disable the firmware protection to get the s3 sleep?: if I disabled the modern standby s0 low power ideal then the sleep option is removed from everywhere and it shows Standby S3 The current Device Guard configuration has disabled this standby state.I want to get the s3 sleep state. if I disabled the firmware protection than the...
  9. Why is Co-Pilot showing again on my Windows 11 Pro computer again after I disabled the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Co-Pilot showing again on my Windows 11 Pro computer again after I disabled the...: I used Group Editor to remove Co-Pilot from my Taskbar and it doesn't even show under my Windows Settings list anymore, but when I search using an Edge based browser it shows up and starts "thinking for me." No one seems to suggest how to just get rid of any Co-Pilot related...
  10. Why is Co-Pilot showing again on my Windows 11 Pro computer again after I disabled the...

Why is Co-Pilot showing again on my Windows 11 Pro computer again after I disabled the...: I used Group Editor to remove Co-Pilot from my Taskbar and it doesn't even show under my Windows Settings list anymore, but when I search using an Edge based browser it shows up and starts "thinking for me." No one seems to suggest how to just get rid of any Co-Pilot related...