Windows 10: Disabled Mapped Drive causing Explorer to crash

Discus and support Disabled Mapped Drive causing Explorer to crash in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, we have started experiencing a problem where if a user has a mapped drive to a network share, if that drive is disabled or they are removed from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ian_79, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Ian_79 Win User

Disabled Mapped Drive causing Explorer to crash

Hello, we have started experiencing a problem where if a user has a mapped drive to a network share, if that drive is disabled or they are removed from having access, the drive is causing explorer to hang and the pc is unusable. Deleting the drive or reinstating access resolves the issue. I'm seeing this on 1909 and 20H2.

:)

Ian_79, Feb 4, 2021
  2. fatpat Win User

Mapped Drives Issues

To clarify .... the issue is the Windows 10 OS. It is with Windows File Explorer. The Mapped drives used to appear in File Explorer's left panel list of drives and folders. Two days ago File explorer stopped show the mapped drives. so not they don;t appear in the list of Drives and folders.

- - - Updated - - -

I did, it has no effect. I also check the NAS devices they support SMB 2.0. Also I have several other computers on my home network they work fine with the mapped drives and They do not have SMB 1 turned on. So it is something that happened to the computer in question.

fatpat, Feb 4, 2021
  3. HERE Drive+ crashing since upgrade of HERE Maps and Explore

Has anyone else had trouble with HERE Drive+ for the last few days? It crashes on me (without providing an error message) if I don't interact with it for around 2 minutes or it crashes
    immediately if I attempt to navigate to a favourite.

The only theory is that I think it started since I upgraded HERE Maps and downloaded the new HERE Explore last week and began to play with Collections. This version of Drive+ predates the new version of Maps and collections. Anyone know when a new version
    of Drive+ is due out?

I'm running version 3.0.4121.0 of Drive+ on a Lumia 925 with OS version 8.0.10328.78

So far I have tried the following but they made no difference:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling Drive+
    • Turning on and off the phone
    • Soft restart of the phone

Anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks

BraveDruid, Feb 4, 2021
  4. NDarkstar Win User

Mapped drives not showing up on Explorer

Wanted to mention that I'm experiencing this same issue. Environment here is a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain with network shares and printers mapped by GPO. GPO drive mappings are not on a per-user basis and instead are global for all users.

Affected user can not access mapped drives via explorer, yet NET USE shows drives mapped as expected. Attempting to remap network drives via explorer results in a prompt stating that the connection is already mapped to that drive letter, do I want to disconnect and reconnect it?

Oddly, using applications that provide an 'open document' dialogue can see and access mapped network drives normally. For example, open Word, file -> open -> browse: Left pane shows network shares, clicking on network share shows share contents. Clicking on 'This PC' shows all mapped drives which are navigable and documents can be opened normally. Doing this does not correct the issue with Explorer. Similarly, a command prompt also operates as expected, so it's possible to change to a mapped network drive by the associated letter and to list / copy / delete files normally.

Issue appears to be limited to a single user profile on the workstation displaying the described symptoms. Logging in as another user results in the drives being mapped and accessible as usual. Symptoms persist through reboot. User account with symptoms does not have admin access locally or on the domain.

NDarkstar, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Disabled Mapped Drive causing Explorer to crash - Similar Threads - Disabled Mapped Drive

2. Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer: Hi,I am setting up a new MS Surface with Windows 10 Pro that is joined successfully to our corporate domain with a domain user profile configured. I've done this hundreds of times, but for some reason, this particular machine won't show the mapped drives, which are in Azure I...
  3. Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer: Hi,I am setting up a new MS Surface with Windows 10 Pro that is joined successfully to our corporate domain with a domain user profile configured. I've done this hundreds of times, but for some reason, this particular machine won't show the mapped drives, which are in Azure I...
  4. Mapped Drives not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mapped drives not showing in explorer until explorer restarted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapped drives not showing in explorer until explorer restarted?: Anyone find a solution for this issue? Previous thread now locked:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mapped-drives-not-showing-in-explorer-until/dcb20da0-a0b5-4ba9-a535-6af713e2041a?auth=1...
  6. Mapping Network Drive in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapping Network Drive in File Explorer.: Why do I not see the option for Mapping Network Drive under more options and under This PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mapping-network-drive-in-file-explorer/f3a47487-dea4-4284-9ed0-f97bad2de702
  7. Mapping Network Drive in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapping Network Drive in File Explorer.: Why do I not see the option for Mapping Network Drive under more options and under This PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mapping-network-drive-in-file-explorer/f3a47487-dea4-4284-9ed0-f97bad2de702
  8. File Explorer crashes or freezes while accessing Mapped Network Drives

in Windows 10 News
    File Explorer crashes or freezes while accessing Mapped Network Drives: [ATTACH]If File Explorer crashes or freezes while accessing Mapped Network Drives on your Windows 11/10 system, this post may help you fix it. This issue prevents users from accessing the data inside the mapped network drives because every time users try to access them, File...
  9. Cannot Map Network Drive in Explorer

Cannot Map Network Drive in Explorer: Hello: Lately, I am having trouble Mapping one of my Network Drives in Windows Explorer. A long time ago (early Windows 10 and before) I could simply click on "Network" and it would bring up my Drive (among others), I would click on it (right click as I recall) and it would...
  10. Mapped drives not showing up on Explorer

Mapped drives not showing up on Explorer: I have several server drives mapped to my Surface Pro 3 tablet, and from time to time they disappear from Windows Explorer and XYplorer (an Explorer replacement). They are still there and mapped, as Net Use shows them mapped properly. But to get them tho show up in either...