Windows 10: Disabled Microsoft Account Login using Local Security Policy, but now locked out of Admin...

Discus and support Disabled Microsoft Account Login using Local Security Policy, but now locked out of Admin... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Started out as an attempt to prevent the creation of new login accounts on my device using local security policy.Of the 2 options: Users can’t add... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by NoelEllis, Jun 12, 2021.

1. NoelEllis Win User

Disabled Microsoft Account Login using Local Security Policy, but now locked out of Admin...

Started out as an attempt to prevent the creation of new login accounts on my device using local security policy.Of the 2 options: Users can’t add Microsoft accounts and Users can’t add or log on with Microsoft accounts, I initially tried 1, but I could still make new accounts obviously because I'm admin, but didnt realize then so I tried again with 2.Restarted the computer, but this time it asks for the PIN. I enter the PIN I normally had, but it then gives this error: 0xc000015b substatus 0x0This booted me back out with only the option to reset the PIN... using the microsoft

:)

NoelEllis, Jun 12, 2021

2. Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 12, 2021
  3. begro89 Win User
    Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Local Security Policysหายคับ

begro89, Jun 12, 2021
  4. Disabled Microsoft Account Login using Local Security Policy, but now locked out of Admin...

Local Security Policy on Windows 10?

Hi,

To help you with your concern regarding the Local Security Policy, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows button
    • Search for Administrative tools
    • Double-click the Local Security Policy

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

Disabled Microsoft Account Login using Local Security Policy, but now locked out of Admin...

1. Disabled Microsoft Account Login using Local Security Policy, but now locked out of Admin... - Similar Threads - Disabled Microsoft Account

2. Admin Account Got Locked out and can't login.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin Account Got Locked out and can't login.: Hi! So yesterday, I was trying to get my saved password in my computer and repeatedly entered an incorrect pass. Now, I've open my laptop account and I got this message when I try to login again, "The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to"...
  3. Admin Account Got Locked out and can't login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin Account Got Locked out and can't login.: Hi! So yesterday, I was trying to get my saved password in my computer and repeatedly entered an incorrect pass. Now, I've open my laptop account and I got this message when I try to login again, "The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to"...
  4. Admin Account Got Locked out and can't login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. After restart local admin account automatically locked out

After restart local admin account automatically locked out: Hey everybody!something wearied happen to me.I have an local account the locaked after restart, after 15 min his open but again after new restart his locked again.any solution?...
  6. After restart local admin account automatically locked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After restart local admin account automatically locked out: Hey everybody!something wearied happen to me.I have an local account the locaked after restart, after 15 min his open but again after new restart his locked again.any solution?...
  7. After restart local admin account automatically locked out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Not properly signed out in admin account and can’t login in local account

Not properly signed out in admin account and can’t login in local account: Hi, I was doing a window update and the update was not going smoothly The only option I left is to create another local account and do the update While I was still doing the update repeatly clicking the update button even tho it wasn’t able to update and also creating a...
  9. Locked Out of Admin Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked Out of Admin Account: I have become locked out of my admin account because my password seems to have changed. I haven't used this account in a couple of years as I have a second account which I use regularly. Both accounts have the same password. I just noticed that my clock did not adjust for DST...
  10. Locked out of local admin account on WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of local admin account on WIN 10: I woke up and attempted to login to WIN10 machine. Received "incorrect password".. Is there any solution out now? I do not believe to have a MS account/email attached to this user name, therefore I'd rule out the sign-in with MS account. Thanks for your assistance....