Windows 10: Disabled services and No WiFi

Discus and support Disabled services and No WiFi in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I ran a guru script to lower the amount of services I have which I did, I now have 47. The problem is I absolutely have no WiFi or even an option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hockey8108, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Disabled services and No WiFi

So I ran a guru script to lower the amount of services I have which I did, I now have 47. The problem is I absolutely have no WiFi or even an option for WiFi. The script was probably made for wired connection. So can anyone please tell me what services I need to run so I can get my WiFi back.

submitted by /u/Hockey8108
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hockey8108, Sep 24, 2020
  2. omidsolo Win User

Advise on disabling services

I just want to know which ones are not safe and must not be disabled, I must disable AJRouter when I don't use their service, Auto Time Zone Updater when absolutely not needed, BitLocker Drive Encryption, when never use it, etc...
    I just want from my list, remove the ones that makes problems.
    For example, which ones from my list disable WIFI or VPN services?
    Thanks,

omidsolo, Sep 25, 2020
  3. omidsolo Win User
    Advise on disabling services

Sorry I forgot to say that my WIFI/VPN problem solved and J found and removed required services from being disabled.
    I don't remember their names but my original post is updated with services that CAN be disabled on my PC and until now I didn't see a problem yet.
    So I just need to know that according to my updated list in original post are there anything that I must not disable yet?
    If something I mentioned there to be disabled and should not be, please let me know to remove it from list and enable it.
    Cheers Disabled services and No WiFi :)

omidsolo, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Sonya Win User

Disabled services and No WiFi

Suggestions on services to disable?

Sorry yes physically unplugged, ethernet cable is nowhere near pc anymore, has never had a wifi connection. Happens even before I plug in ethernet after a clean install. Starts with one of the many svchosts. Just a few screenshots of this happening.

Oh even posted a short video of this happening on youtube last year. Currently have not seen anything yet after disabling all that I have, including disabling the use of UDP for remote connections in Group Policy, in autoruns I also unchecked that box for "webplatform customizations" and changed the registry entries for SymlinkLocaltoRemote data value to 0 (also did this for the SymlinkRemotetoLocal as well).

Disabled services and No WiFi [​IMG]

Sonya, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Disabled services and No WiFi

1. Disabled services and No WiFi - Similar Threads - Disabled services WiFi

2. Services disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Services disabled: I have a Dell Alienware Aurora 13. I have had instability issues and 3 crashes since I owned it. Recently when I went to start some programs that had worked in the past i discovered that they plus many others were disabled in the services list. Why would this happen? i had...
  3. Services disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Services disabled: I have a Dell Alienware Aurora 13. I have had instability issues and 3 crashes since I owned it. Recently when I went to start some programs that had worked in the past i discovered that they plus many others were disabled in the services list. Why would this happen? i had...
  4. Disabling WaasMedic Service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabling WaasMedic Service: Whenever i start up my laptop, it is unusable / irresponsive for at least 15 minutes or so. If i manage to open the task manager in that time span, it's always the WaasMedic service, no exceptions. I've searched on this forum for advice on how do stop / disable that service,...
  5. Disabled services fix

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabled services fix: I think this is a fairly common problem but I haven't found a fix. For some unknow reason several services set them selves to disabled, such as windows updates, search, storage and more. Despite setting them back to automatic when my system restarts they all return back...
  6. What services to disable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What services to disable?: [ATTACH] Here's screenshots of my services list, what to disable? https://preview.redd.it/7ctbbbcdvts41.png?width=573&format=png&auto=webp&s=55b3e32f79e5eaeaa085ccc8eb9d331c31f97d20...
  7. Wifi disabled Win Service Manager error 45

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi disabled Win Service Manager error 45: Hi there, Wifi/ bluetooth on my Laptop win 10, Asus zenbook just stopped working, without any known Updates, changes. Win should be uptodate, due to automatic Updates... What I saw: - Win Device Manager Shows 4 disabled/invisible devices: 1. Bluetooth, 2-4 ...WiFi.. -...
  8. Disable Services

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Services: Hi, I wanna disable some services because I want & I have to do so. Just to be on the safe side, I need your comments if these are safe and conflict free? If you're on lack of sure information on each one, please don't increase your post counts :) --- 1 AJRouter - AllJoyn...
  9. Advise on disabling services

in Windows 10 Support
    Advise on disabling services: Hi, I made this script to disable unnecessary services on my system but I'm sure there are some services I'm disabling by mistake which should not be disabled since it causes my Network and VPN not working. I know list is huge but maybe someone wants to take a look and find...
  10. Suggestions on services to disable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Suggestions on services to disable?: I am attempting to air gap a windows 10 pc, all previous attempts have failed miserably at protecting my files. I do not use any remote or virtual services. I have been disabling everything I can think of, but there's still so many things I'm not sure what they are exactly....