Windows 10: Disabled the search menu despite the correct settings

Discus and support Disabled the search menu despite the correct settings in Cortana to solve the problem; [ATTACH] The search menu is visible but inactive [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Aryana_persian_gulf, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Disabled the search menu despite the correct settings

Disabled the search menu despite the correct settings 0ea81426-9ca8-4b8d-88c2-5ea878ae140c?upload=true.png

The search menu is visible but inactive

Disabled the search menu despite the correct settings 6ac881d2-52ba-49fd-a8b1-0120888558af?upload=true.png

:)

Aryana_persian_gulf, Dec 16, 2019
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Disable Store and Web search in Start Menu

Hello
    SystemSupport346,

Since the steps above did not work for you, we suggest that you disable web search by navigating the settings of Cortana itself. Please follow the steps below:

• Open the search box in the taskbar.
    • Click the Notebook icon.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • On the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Turn off the Search online and include web results. See screenshot below:

Disabled the search menu despite the correct settings 4b6583c8-efc0-4f9f-a9a0-4ce531f271db?upload=true.png

Hope this information helps you. Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Dec 16, 2019
  3. Regions speech not available despite correct language pack install

The issue still remains unresolved, as English (Australia) simply does not show up in the list despite following all suggested steps to date (which I had done previously)

ChristopherWatson_46, Dec 16, 2019
  4. Disabled the search menu despite the correct settings

Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Disabled the search menu despite the correct settings a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

Disabled the search menu despite the correct settings

1. Disabled the search menu despite the correct settings - Similar Threads - Disabled search menu

2. Disable internet search from search menu no registry change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable internet search from search menu no registry change: Hi, how can i stop the internet search when I am trying to find stuff on my computer, it's extremely useless for me.I am not interested in registry changes....
  3. Disable internet search from search menu no registry change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable internet search from search menu no registry change: Hi, how can i stop the internet search when I am trying to find stuff on my computer, it's extremely useless for me.I am not interested in registry changes....
  4. Disable Start Menu Web Search?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable Start Menu Web Search?: What's the current way to disable the web search? Preferably without editing the registry submitted by /u/HeyLittleMonkey [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k8ptap/disable_start_menu_web_search/
  5. How to disable web search in Start Menu?

How to disable web search in Start Menu?: Hello, I have Windows 10 version 1909 and I want to disable stupid web search that open useless Edge browser if I type file name wrongly and then I click enter and browser opens how to disable that? submitted by /u/Qiasm [link] [comments]...
  6. disable web search start menu 1909

disable web search start menu 1909: Does anyone know how to disable the start menu sending everything you type in there to microsoft? I tried the tricks from previous builds ( reg entries forAllowSearchToUseLocation,BingSearchEnabled and CortanaConsent ) but in 1909 it continues to send whatever I search for...
  7. Disable web searches in Start menu

in Cortana
    Disable web searches in Start menu: I need to be able to disable web searches in the Start menu. We have several Windows 10 laptops that we use to administer exams, and obviously we cannot have students able to search the internet during their exams. Having no way to disable this feature makes these laptops...
  8. start menu search not working correctly

in Cortana
    start menu search not working correctly: Number (1) was my original post, which I thought had been solved. Number (2) is where I stand right now. (1) Windows search Best Match has become defective. For instance, when I used to type "scree", my screenshots folder would be at the top of the best match results. Now...
  9. How to disable search online in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable search online in the start menu: I would like to disable where windows 10 offers search online recommendations when doing a normal search after clicking on the start menu. I only want the search confined to my computer. Been looking online at loads of different options from reg hacks to going through...
  10. How to disable photo search in the start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable photo search in the start menu?: Hello, after the recent large windows 10 update, I've noticed now when I search for a program via the "Search Windows" start menu thing in the lower left corner, photos also show up in the results along with the program results even when the name of the photo is not what I...