Windows 10: Disabled updates, so updates disabled audio

Discus and support Disabled updates, so updates disabled audio in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Documented the whole thing. Disabled updates ahead of the october updates because of news about it deleting peoples files. Kept prompting me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WilsonsBeard, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Disabled updates, so updates disabled audio

Documented the whole thing. Disabled updates ahead of the october updates because of news about it deleting peoples files.

Kept prompting me to update.

Finally one day, audio stops working entirely and I want to restart.

Turns out I can't shut down or restart via the menu without also updating. Alt+F4 menu indicates the same thing.

So my systems audio functionality is being held hostage, and my consent is too, unless I'm willing to "voluntarily" update. Got it.

Did an 'shutdown -r -t' on the command prompt because another microsoft answer from someone else explicitly said it would skip the update. Turns out they lied.

I'm getting sick of this. Wheren't you guys already sued for forced updates? And didn't microsoft already promise not to do that?

I'm calling my senators and congressmen. And unlike a lot of people, when I call, it's not their secretary who f***ing answers.

Can you say 'antitrust'?

:)

WilsonsBeard, Oct 12, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Keyboard/audio stopped working after intel/samsung update from windows updates

Yesterday my dad did some updates on his Asus netbook, there was a rollup December update and 2 optional updates from intel and samsung. My dad installed all, after the restart the keyboard and the audio didn't work anymore. He did a system restore and now only installed the rollup update. After the restart de keyboard and the audio were working again. Tried one more time the intel and the samsung update and again it disabled the keyboard and the audio so my dad did another system restore and all was working again. Currently he avoids the optional updates from intel and samsung.

But how(or why) can these updates disable the keyboard and the audio?

P4-630, Oct 12, 2018
  3. How to disable the Update Assistant

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. You can disable the Update Assistant but we suggest to free up spaces on your computer so when the time comes you can update your Windows. It is essential to get the Update since it will give you more features and protection
    for your Windows. You can follow the steps below on how to disable Update Assistant:

• On Search bar, type in Task Scheduler then click on it to open.
    • In the left pane, navigate to Task Scheduler Library>
      Microsoft > Windows > UpdateOrchestrator.
    • Look at the right pane and click on Update Assistant.
    • Look for Triggers tab (usually at the bottom), then click on each triggers and choose
      Disable at the right side.
    • If you see Update Assistant CalendarRun under Update Assistant, you can do the same thing to it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Lemuel Cie, Oct 12, 2018
  4. toto666 Win User

Disabled updates, so updates disabled audio

Disable automatic updates in Windows 10

Windows virtual agent give s this answer to disable:

How do I disable Automatic Update for Windows Update ?

This is how you turn Auto Updates on or off on Windows RT.

• 1. Hit the Windows button.
    • 2. Type view local services and click it.
    • 3. Find Windows update and right click Startup Type.
    • 4. Go to Properties, you'll see Startup type again.
    • 5. Click disable and apply.

toto666, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Disabled updates, so updates disabled audio

1. Disabled updates, so updates disabled audio - Similar Threads - Disabled updates updates

2. Disable updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable updates?: I want to stop windows from downloading updates and restarting on it's own.I am aware of the "security risks" and I don't care. To be clear, I want to permanently disallow update downloads at least until I manually re-enable it, so temporarily delaying updates is not what I'm...
  3. Disable updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable updates?: I want to stop windows from downloading updates and restarting on it's own.I am aware of the "security risks" and I don't care. To be clear, I want to permanently disallow update downloads at least until I manually re-enable it, so temporarily delaying updates is not what I'm...
  4. Disable updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to disable audio driver updating automatically?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable audio driver updating automatically?: Alright so, I want to keep this audio driver since it works normally, but sometimes when I come back later, it goes to Realtek Audio instead. Is there a way to forcefully keep this audio driver by default?...
  6. How to disable audio driver updating automatically?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disable audio driver updating automatically?: Alright so, I want to keep this audio driver since it works normally, but sometimes when I come back later, it goes to Realtek Audio instead. Is there a way to forcefully keep this audio driver by default?...
  7. Update disabled

Update disabled: Hi there for the last few days I have had a issue with Windows update not working I keep getting the message Error encountered one of the services is not running properly. When I check updates via services.msc I see updates is disabled and service status is stopped but when I...
  8. Disabling Updates!

Disabling Updates!: How do I completely disable all updates for Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-updates/6b4ab5eb-e4f5-4ce6-8ca4-f0067baf501b
  9. Disable update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable update: How do I prevent the automatic update software, such as Microsoft Office or Adobe in Os 10? 36741
  10. Disable updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable updates: How do I disable updates in Windows 10? I am heartily sick of a malevolent outside force that takes control of my computer whenever it chooses and bars me from using it for hours at a time while it fiddles about installing so-called improvements to my on-line life. Bunkum. In...