Windows 10: Disabled updates, so updates disabled audio

Discus and support Disabled updates, so updates disabled audio in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Documented the whole thing. Disabled updates ahead of the october updates because of news about it deleting peoples files. Kept prompting me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WilsonsBeard, Oct 12, 2018 at 12:22 PM.

1. WilsonsBeard Win User

Disabled updates, so updates disabled audio

Documented the whole thing. Disabled updates ahead of the october updates because of news about it deleting peoples files.

Kept prompting me to update.

Finally one day, audio stops working entirely and I want to restart.

Turns out I can't shut down or restart via the menu without also updating. Alt+F4 menu indicates the same thing.

So my systems audio functionality is being held hostage, and my consent is too, unless I'm willing to "voluntarily" update. Got it.

Did an 'shutdown -r -t' on the command prompt because another microsoft answer from someone else explicitly said it would skip the update. Turns out they lied.

I'm getting sick of this. Wheren't you guys already sued for forced updates? And didn't microsoft already promise not to do that?

I'm calling my senators and congressmen. And unlike a lot of people, when I call, it's not their secretary who f***ing answers.

Can you say 'antitrust'?

:)

2. P4-630 Win User

Keyboard/audio stopped working after intel/samsung update from windows updates

Yesterday my dad did some updates on his Asus netbook, there was a rollup December update and 2 optional updates from intel and samsung. My dad installed all, after the restart the keyboard and the audio didn't work anymore. He did a system restore and now only installed the rollup update. After the restart de keyboard and the audio were working again. Tried one more time the intel and the samsung update and again it disabled the keyboard and the audio so my dad did another system restore and all was working again. Currently he avoids the optional updates from intel and samsung.

But how(or why) can these updates disable the keyboard and the audio?

3. Lemuel Cie Win User
    How to disable the Update Assistant

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. You can disable the Update Assistant but we suggest to free up spaces on your computer so when the time comes you can update your Windows. It is essential to get the Update since it will give you more features and protection
    for your Windows. You can follow the steps below on how to disable Update Assistant:

• On Search bar, type in Task Scheduler then click on it to open.
    • In the left pane, navigate to Task Scheduler Library>
      Microsoft > Windows > UpdateOrchestrator.
    • Look at the right pane and click on Update Assistant.
    • Look for Triggers tab (usually at the bottom), then click on each triggers and choose
      Disable at the right side.
    • If you see Update Assistant CalendarRun under Update Assistant, you can do the same thing to it.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

4. toto666 Win User

Disable automatic updates in Windows 10

Windows virtual agent give s this answer to disable:

How do I disable Automatic Update for Windows Update ?

This is how you turn Auto Updates on or off on Windows RT.

• 1. Hit the Windows button.
    • 2. Type view local services and click it.
    • 3. Find Windows update and right click Startup Type.
    • 4. Go to Properties, you'll see Startup type again.
    • 5. Click disable and apply.

Thema:

1. Disabled updates, so updates disabled audio - Similar Threads - Disabled updates updates

2. Disable windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable windows update: I run critical Trading software on my 2 laptops that must run 24hrs mon-fri. I can only change the active hours to a max of 18hrs. This is not acceptable, I need to the ability to run updates WHEN I want too not when MS wants too. I keep getting advised that this is not...
  3. Disable Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable Windows Updates: How to disable Windows Updates in Windows 10? I have problem with Xbox One Controller after new Update. 46387
  4. Disable update

Disable update: How do I prevent the automatic update software, such as Microsoft Office or Adobe in Os 10? 36741
  5. Disable updates

Disable updates: How do I disable updates in Windows 10? I am heartily sick of a malevolent outside force that takes control of my computer whenever it chooses and bars me from using it for hours at a time while it fiddles about installing so-called improvements to my on-line life. Bunkum. In...
  6. Disable Driver Update

Disable Driver Update: Howdy, System Properties > Hardware > Device Installation Settings Here I want to: 1. No, let me choose what to do 2. Never install driver software from Windows Update 3. Disable Automatically get the device app... As shown in the snapshot. I want to do the above...
  7. Disable Automatic Updates

Disable Automatic Updates: Right now, after installing Windows 10, I only have the option to Automatically Install Updates or Notify to Schedule Restart. This is a problem, I want to be able to choose what drivers I install. I don't want windows automatically installing all the craptastic 3rd party...
  8. Disabling downloading of Updates

Disabling downloading of Updates: Is it possible to disable automatic downloading of Windows Updates? I am connected by cellular tethering about 50% of the time and I don't want it to use up my internet. 7495
  9. Updates disable Bluetooth, then enable it again, then disable it...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updates disable Bluetooth, then enable it again, then disable it...: I'm certain I'm not the only person with this problem. Bluetooth is installed on my Samsung laptop running the latest version of Windows 10. Here's the problem: every so often a routine Windows update totally disables Bluetooth, or rather, prevents it from being discovered....
  10. Disabling WU will disable Drivers Update also?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabling WU will disable Drivers Update also?: My PC is a Production Machine and I do not want to lose time with broken updates, so I decided to completely disable the Windows Update in Services. Will this also Disable the Drivers Updates by means of the Online Search and Install? Thank you 65969