Windows 10: disabled Windows 10 startup file in system Configuration utility

Discus and support disabled Windows 10 startup file in system Configuration utility in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I accidentally disabled Windows 10 startup file in system Configuration utility and now I get a spinning Circle and cannot open or get into my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by steeleb, Oct 16, 2020.

1. steeleb Win User

disabled Windows 10 startup file in system Configuration utility

I accidentally disabled Windows 10 startup file in system Configuration utility and now I get a spinning Circle and cannot open or get into my PC running Windows 10.
    I get an error code 0 xc 0 0 0 0 0 0 e. I can get to the screen that has Recovery Options
    I clicked troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, Startup Repair, and System Restore but
    None of these recovery options work I can get to Command Prompt it has my drive letter as X (& all my other Drive letters are all wrong) but I dont know what to do here.
    Please Help !!
    I don't want to Reset my PC (Reinstall windows) because of all the programs I have installed on different drives over the years. My OS is on a 240 GB SSD

:)

steeleb, Oct 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Missing Script file

There might be a chance that there is some system file corruption. So, we would suggest you to run SFC scan and
    see if it brings any difference.

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption. The sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed,
    or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

You can also check if there is any startup entry of fiber.js file. If it is there, disable it from startup items in System Configuration Utility & check if the issue persists.

To do this, follow these steps:

• Click Start, type ‘msconfig.exe’ in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility.
    • Click the Startup tab, and then uncheck the file entry in the Startup Item list.
    • Click OK, and then click Restart.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Oct 16, 2020
  4. JOE1865 Win User

Win 2016 word automatically launch on Windows 10 startup

I have tried these two options below but they did not work.Any Ideas----------------- Steps to disable startup programs in Windows 10:
    NOT IN START UP FOLDER

1. Step 1: Click the lower-left Start button, type msconfig in the blank search box and choose msconfig to open System Configuration.
    2. Step 2: Select Startup and tap Open Task Manager.
    3. Step 3: Click a startup item and tap the bottom-right Disable button.
    I have done this in reverse and it does not work—meaning I took out word short cut

First, create a shortcut of the Document and place it on (say, Desktop).

Then, go to the following location:

Your Drive:\Users\Your Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Drop your Shortcut into the Startup folder. However, when you cold boot your computer, your Desktop will first show up and then a few seconds later the Doc should appear.

JOE1865, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

1. disabled Windows 10 startup file in system Configuration utility - Similar Threads - disabled startup file

2. System Configuration Diagnostic Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Configuration Diagnostic Startup: Does anyone know when Microsoft will fix the System Configuration Diagnostic Startup problem of not allowing you to sign in to your administrator account while in Diagnostic Startup?...
  3. System Configuration Diagnostic Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Configuration Diagnostic Startup: Does anyone know when Microsoft will fix the System Configuration Diagnostic Startup problem of not allowing you to sign in to your administrator account while in Diagnostic Startup?...
  4. MSCONFIG - Microsoft System Configuration - Utility

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSCONFIG - Microsoft System Configuration - Utility: Microsoft System Configuration - Utility System Configuration Utility Window Microsoft System Configuration System Utility thorough usageIs there anyone who knows about literature in regards to MSCONFIG that has the fundamentals about the thorough usage of MSCONFIG. Mostly...
  5. Windows 10 System Configuration Utility app always coming up with "Startup selection" set...

Windows 10 System Configuration Utility app always coming up with "Startup selection" set...: Moderator: If this should've been directed to another topic, please do so. I felt like trying to select from a voice mail menu, when none of the options seems to fit. I just upgrated from Win 7 to Win 10, using thumbdrive upgrade media created using a Microsoft website....
  6. Window 10 Cannot startup - the boot configuration file is missing

Window 10 Cannot startup - the boot configuration file is missing: If i buy a new copy of windows 10 will it fix this issue? Will i be able to get to the boot screen where i can start repairing my bcd. I tried doing create media tool on a dvd but it didnt work....
  7. Windows 10 Cannot startup - the boot configuration file is missing

Windows 10 Cannot startup - the boot configuration file is missing: Ive done everything from downloading the windows file and burned it to a dvd needed to start up my pc so that I can start the bcd fix but it just loops over and over again back to my bios and i cant get to recovery option to repair my pc. What the heck am i doing wrong?...
  8. Disable "GrooveMonitor Utility" at Startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable "GrooveMonitor Utility" at Startup?: I am a relative neophyte when it comes to personal computers. Is it recommended to disable the startup item "GrooveMonitor Utility"? And, if so, is it just a matter of changing its status in the Task Manager from "Enabled" to "Disabled"? Many thanks. 39815
  9. Windows Startup Configuration?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Startup Configuration?: Hello! I've been thinking... Now with virtual displays and such, it would be really handy to be able to do some startup configuration. For example, on my first display to have opened the internet, on the second to have opened all the different messaging apps that I use...
  10. Windows startup configuration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows startup configuration: I have an issue that I can't solve; I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 and everthing installed without problems exept when I start or restart with a usb flash drive inserted, I get "Boot manager is missing". If I remove the flash drive and select Control-Alt-Delete...