Windows 10: Disabled Windows Search service... Cortana still running?

Discus and support Disabled Windows Search service... Cortana still running? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Speaking of something going terribly wrong, I took ownership of the directory, deleted it, and completely broke my entire Search function, haha. Has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jaxel, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Edwin New Member

Disabled Windows Search service... Cortana still running?

I think I mentioned it would kill the search function somewhere! *Wink

You could then use the old search (rundll) function:
    "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Search.lnk"

Disabled Windows Search service... Cortana still running? [​IMG]

Edwin, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Drachen Win User

My bad! I thought you meant just the Cortana Search UI.

I'm too used to Windows 7 searching to give it up. You win this round, Microsoft.

Drachen, Aug 1, 2015
  3. eteepy Win User
    how to keep permanently the Search.Ink on taksbar ? after im reboot my laptop search icon dissapear on taskbar.

eteepy, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Bazz Win User

You Can Delete these files running in safe mode from C/windows/SystemApps/Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy

Regards

Thema:

1. Disabled Windows Search service... Cortana still running? - Similar Threads - Disabled Search service

2. windows search service not running.

in Cortana
    windows search service not running.: i was using my pc and one day the search bar stopped working suddenly, i thought it was just a pc glitch so i didnt acknowledge it. Until i tried using the search bar even after restarting and updating everything to no avail. ive tried all the trouble shooting but all it said...
  3. Why is Cortana still running and how do I disable it permanently?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is Cortana still running and how do I disable it permanently?: My PC is using Windows 10 Education, which disables most in-built telemetry and data collection. In settings, anything related to Cortana is off. However, Focus Assist in the Action Center uses Cortana, and in Task Manager there is a Cortana process. Is this to be expected...
  4. Disable Bing in cortana search

in Cortana
    Disable Bing in cortana search: When trying to search in the search bar, if I mistakenly click on any of the questions, it automatically brings up Edge/Bing. I've removed it from any defaults that I can find, but it's infuriating that I can't remove/disable this thing entirely. It's not a good web browser,...
  5. Disable Indexing Service\Windows Search

in Cortana
    Disable Indexing Service\Windows Search: Several people have told me I should do this to help my SSD. How do I do this? "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe." John Muir...
  6. Missing service Windows Search, Cortana

in Cortana
    Missing service Windows Search, Cortana: Since Microsoft stopped supporting Windows 7, I had to upgrade to Windows 10. But my laptop is10 years old and it working very slowly. Now I'm using a light version of Windows 10 Enterprise, but Cortana has been removed from it, Windows Search also. When I press the Start...
  7. How do I disable Cortana and still use the search function?

in Cortana
    How do I disable Cortana and still use the search function?: I have no use for Cortana. It is a burden on my system with no benefit for me. How do I disable it and maintain the search function? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-cortana-and-still-use-the-search/6eed2ac0-b8e9-436c-b61d-f725949fb9ef"
  8. Disable Cortana using gpedit but process still running after reboot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Cortana using gpedit but process still running after reboot.: I expected gpedit setting to kill the process, but it hasn't. Is this usual? Any other ways to stop it? 84610
  9. Cortana will not open, run and search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana will not open, run and search: When I click the Cortana icon nothing happens, it will not open so I cannot use it for searching, reminders, etc. How can I deal with this? 57654
  10. Why is the disabled Cortana still running ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is the disabled Cortana still running ?: Hi there I have disabled Cortana but it still runs in the background. [img] Anyone know why ? and can it be disabled completely ? zoo 24943