Windows 10: disabling a clickpad on HP x360 laptop running windows 10

Discus and support disabling a clickpad on HP x360 laptop running windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I find in the Bios where the clickpad or touchpad is enabled? I've looked in Bios and can't find a clickpad/touchpad entry.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tom Barstow, Dec 3, 2020.

1. disabling a clickpad on HP x360 laptop running windows 10

How do I find in the Bios where the clickpad or touchpad is enabled? I've looked in Bios and can't find a clickpad/touchpad entry.

:)

Tom Barstow, Dec 3, 2020
  2. David_167 Win User

Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10

I've followed most of the advice on many websites, including this one, and there seems to be no way to disable the Elan Clickpad device on my recent HP laptop running Windows 10 Home, including using the Registry. Can anyone help me further?

Details:

Today the builtin touchpad started functioning again and I can't remember how I disabled it when I first bought this laptop. I use a USB external mouse that works much better. When this touchpad is enabled, I accidentally touch it while typing and chaos
    ensues.

(Previous thread Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10 after Anniversary update did not help.)

David_167, Dec 3, 2020
  3. HP Spectre Model x360 13-ae13dx laptop

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to find the Webcam and microphone driver in Device Manager. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What happens when you open the Camera app?
    • Are you not able to see the webcam driver under Imaging devices?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

As per the Product Specifications, Webcam is available in this model:
    HP Spectre x360 - 13-ae013dx Product Specifications

If you are getting the following error "We can't find your camera" Error Displays in Camera App", when opening the camera app, then follow the suggestions from this article:

HP PCs - "We can't find your camera" Error Displays in Camera App (Windows 10)
    . If you are not getting the above message then follow the suggestion from this article:

HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8)

Regarding the Microphone issue, we would suggest you to run the
    Audio Troubleshooter listed under Troubleshooting from the

HP website
    once your PC gets detected.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 3, 2020
  4. disabling a clickpad on HP x360 laptop running windows 10

HP x360 Spectre Windows Hello No Longer Working

Thanks for the suggestion. For reference (for people coming after me trying to find a solution), the steps Lee is suggesting are as follows:

• Device Security > Security Processor Details > Security Processor Troubleshooting > Clear TPM
    Appreciate the help, Lee, but resetting the TPM using the process above didn't work. All it did was make me reset my PIN and sign in again via my Microsoft account. As I mentioned in my initial post, I have an HP Spectre
    x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx, so I've been using the drivers found here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-13-ae000-x360-convertible-pc/16779579

Also as I mentioned, the latest drivers are installed - that's always my first go-to solution (other than turning it off and on again! disabling a clickpad on HP x360 laptop running windows 10 :) ).

Any other suggestions?

MarshallHunt25, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

disabling a clickpad on HP x360 laptop running windows 10

1. disabling a clickpad on HP x360 laptop running windows 10 - Similar Threads - disabling clickpad x360

2. Audio not working on laptop hp pavilion x360

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio not working on laptop hp pavilion x360: I have pretty much tried everything to fix the audio issue. Sometimes when I decide to try again and uninstall the audio driver via device manager, it works for a tiny bit but then stops working after. I used the Windows troubleshooting tool to see if it could find any...
  3. How to disable the touchpad on the HP envy x360

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disable the touchpad on the HP envy x360: How can I disable the touchpad on an HP envy x360 15m-cn0011dx? It is easy to find the right dialog to disable the touchpad on my other HP machines but on this one I haven't discovered where. I also have a zBook 15 and elitebook 840 G2 so I am somewhat familiar with how...
  4. How to disable the touchpad on the HP envy x360

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable the touchpad on the HP envy x360: How can I disable the touchpad on an HP envy x360 15m-cn0011dx? It is easy to find the right dialog to disable the touchpad on my other HP machines but on this one I haven't discovered where. I also have a zBook 15 and elitebook 840 G2 so I am somewhat familiar with how...
  5. Disable driver signature enforcement HP spectre x360

Disable driver signature enforcement HP spectre x360: I want to disable driver signature enforcement. I hold shift and click on restart. I choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click the Restart button. After by pressing F7 or 7 the laptop supposed to restart but the only I see is a black screen. Olso...
  6. disable clickpad

disable clickpad: How to disabe clickpad in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-clickpad/4264ad3a-f208-4313-8d7e-e939e24056d5
  7. Disable Touch Pad on HP Laptop running Windows 10.

Disable Touch Pad on HP Laptop running Windows 10.: I can no longer disable Touchpad Synaptics SMBus Touchpad on HP laptop with windows 10. Typical Disabling Driver options through Device control panel are not available. Disable driver options are grayed out. Are there other ways to disable the touch pad? Key strokes...
  8. Disable touchpad on HP Envy x360

Disable touchpad on HP Envy x360: I never use the touchpad on my HP Envy x 360 because I just don't like it. I prefer the mouse. I had the touchpad disabled until I installed Windows 10. Now the touchpad has started working and I can't disable it. Can you help me?...
  9. Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10

Cannot disable ELAN clickpad on Windows 10: I've followed most of the advice on many websites, including this one, and there seems to be no way to disable the Elan Clickpad device on my recent HP laptop running Windows 10 Home, including using the Registry. Can anyone help me further? Details: Today the builtin...
  10. troubeles in the laptop HP ENVY x360

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    troubeles in the laptop HP ENVY x360: now am facing a problem in the sound, it is not working well as I changed the screen and I sent the lap to china so I found troubles also some programs changed the language to Chinese and I don't understand so I need the configurations of the sound and how to change the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable touchpad on hp x360 in bios