Windows 10: Disabling a Guest account that was created through the Set up School PCs app

Discus and support Disabling a Guest account that was created through the Set up School PCs app in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to disable a guest account that I created via the Let guests sign in to these PCs option in Set up School PCs, I tried the OMA-URI... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Gordon Matěj, May 15, 2023.

1. Disabling a Guest account that was created through the Set up School PCs app

Hello, I would like to disable a guest account that I created via the Let guests sign in to these PCs option in Set up School PCs, I tried the OMA-URI - Accounts_EnableGuestAccountStatus option, unfortunately it didn't work. I found this article on the forum: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-guest-account-from-provisioned-pc/313ccdc9-4aa7-4a74-b7e9-e6bcf64f2ad7 but it doesn't answer my question either.Have you ever encountered this problem or do you know the solution?Thank you. Regards Matěj Gordon

:)

Gordon Matěj, May 15, 2023
  2. HLinders Win User

How to remove guest account from provisioned PC

Using "Set up School PCs"-app I don't get the alternative to set Guest account to not active. This means that our PCs provisioned with "Set up School PCs" gets a Guest (or Gjest in Norwegian) account. I am unable to remove/hide this account on the login
    screen. How can this be done?

I've tried the following without success:

• Net user Gjest /active:no (while Administrator)
    • Net user Guest /active:no (while Admin)
    • netplwiz and disabling the guest account
    • using gpedit.msc to disable account
    The guest account actually reads as "disabled" - but it still shows up when I go to login screen in Windows 10.

I was thinking of using regedit to remove the account - however, I cant understand which string to delete and I am not even certain this will work. Which account should I remove?

• (Standard)
    • ProfilesDirectory
    • Programdata
    • Public
    Are there any other good ways to remove Guest (Gjest in Norwegian) account?

HLinders, May 15, 2023
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    How to create a Guest account?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply with the following details to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps:

• What is the complete error message you receive?
    • Which edition of Windows 10 are you using i.e. Windows 10 Home/Pro?

Ideally, if you are using Windows 10 Pro, you can create a Standard account and then, you can change the Group permissions as a Guest for that particular Standard account. The permissions for the Standard user account will be same as for the Guest
    account.

Please follow the steps mentioned below to create the account:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type netplwiz and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Add and follow the on-screen instructions to create a new user account.
    4. Now, double click on the newly created user account and click on
      Group Membership.
    5. Click on the radio button for others and select
      Guest from the drop down list.
    6. Click on Apply and OK.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 15, 2023
  4. tsram90 Win User

Disabling a Guest account that was created through the Set up School PCs app

How to remove Guest account?

Try these steps and you should be able to disable the guest account:

1. Press the WIN + X keys and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" from the Quick Access menu.
    2. At the Command Prompt, run this command:

Code:

tsram90, May 15, 2023
Thema:

Disabling a Guest account that was created through the Set up School PCs app

1. Disabling a Guest account that was created through the Set up School PCs app - Similar Threads - Disabling Guest account

2. Setting up a Guest account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up a Guest account: Hi, I have set up a guest account for my PC Windows 11 but when I turn on the PC it does not show the guest log in, only my regular log in. Any suggestions? Many thanks....
  3. Setting up a Guest account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up a Guest account: Hi, I have set up a guest account for my PC Windows 11 but when I turn on the PC it does not show the guest log in, only my regular log in. Any suggestions? Many thanks....
  4. Disabling a Guest account that was created through the Set up School PCs app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling a Guest account that was created through the Set up School PCs app: Hello, I would like to disable a guest account that I created via the Let guests sign in to these PCs option in Set up School PCs, I tried the OMA-URI - Accounts_EnableGuestAccountStatus option, unfortunately it didn't work. I found this article on the forum:...
  5. Disabling a Guest account that was created through the Set up School PCs app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling a Guest account that was created through the Set up School PCs app: Hello, I would like to disable a guest account that I created via the Let guests sign in to these PCs option in Set up School PCs, I tried the OMA-URI - Accounts_EnableGuestAccountStatus option, unfortunately it didn't work. I found this article on the forum:...
  6. Set up school pcs failed when installing on student pcs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Set up school pcs failed when installing on student pcs: When I install the provisioning package on the student pcs, enroll in azure active directory fails, apply policies fails, configure the user interface fails and configure shared PC modes fails. Then it says setup completed with errors. I am running windows 10 version 21H1....
  7. Set up school pcs failed when installing on student pcs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Set up school pcs failed when installing on student pcs: When I install the provisioning package in the student pcs, enroll in azure active directory fails, apply policies fails, configure the user interface fails and configure shared PC modes fails. I am running windows 10 version 21H1....
  8. Set up school pcs failed when installing on student pcs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set up school pcs failed when installing on student pcs: When I install the provisioning package in the student pcs, enrol in azure active directory fails, apply policies fails, configure the user interface fails and configure shared PC modes fails. I am running windows 10 version 21H1....
  9. Creating a guest account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Creating a guest account: Hi there, Is there a recommended way to create a guest account in Windows 10? I have people over sometimes who use my computer and I don't want them to be able to access any of my personal files. I'm on Windows 10 Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.900). Thanks! 160397
  10. How to create a Guest account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to create a Guest account?: How so I add a Guest account to my PC? When I go through Settings/Accounts/Other People, I get the message that I can't use a "snapin" with this edition of Windows 10, and that I must use the User Accounts too in the Control Panel. When I try that, it simply opens the...