Windows 10: disabling ads

Discus and support disabling ads in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I disable ads? My subscription for this is currently up to date.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JoanMcDonald1, Oct 14, 2019.

1. disabling ads

How do I disable ads? My subscription for this is currently up to date.

:)

JoanMcDonald1, Oct 14, 2019
  2. Run5k Win User

How can I disable Microsoft ads?

There are many places within Windows 10 that can potentially be the source of those advertisements, but I believe that the modification you want is as follows:

1. Navigate to Settings > System > Notifications & actions
    2. Select Off for Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows

That being said, with just a bit more time and effort you can be much more thorough when it comes to eliminating obtrusive Windows 10 advertisements by implementing the following changes:

Together, these adjustments should eliminate the most prolific built-in Windows 10 advertisements.

Sources:<br>
    Disable Advertising in Windows 10<br>
    How to Disable All of Windows 10’s Built-in Advertising

Run5k, Oct 14, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Milestones

What's the next step after 250k?

I think we should have a list added to the origional post with all the milestones

4. Yaqub K Win User

disabling ads

Disabling Synaptic touchpad in Windows 10, and why it won't stay disabled. For a left handed person, it is disruptive.

Hi,

If you wish to disable your touchpad, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Synaptic touchpad driver and select Disable.
    • Click OK to confirm and check with the issue.

Please reply us with the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

disabling ads

1. disabling ads - Similar Threads - disabling ads

2. Please help to disable adding russian layout for user.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help to disable adding russian layout for user.: Hello. How to prevent a user from adding a keyboard layout. I want to disable adding russian layout. I'm using ukranian system language. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-to-disable-adding-russian-layout-for/c16ed698-34c7-45b2-affb-6f5504ea1a84
  3. Please help to disable adding russian layout for user.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help to disable adding russian layout for user.: Hello. How to prevent a user from adding a keyboard layout. I want to disable adding russian layout. I'm using ukranian system language. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-to-disable-adding-russian-layout-for/c16ed698-34c7-45b2-affb-6f5504ea1a84
  4. How to disable Lock Screen ads on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Lock Screen ads on Windows 11: Microsoft displays a lot of promotions and advertisement in its Windows 11 operating system. The lock screen is but one of the locations that Microsoft uses to display promotions to users of the operating system. This guide walks you through the steps of disabling lock...
  5. in adding language required language features are disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in adding language required language features are disabled: in adding language required language features are disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-adding-language-required-language-features-are/a1772af7-3162-4287-a231-f060f8e7fa40
  6. in adding language required language features are disabled

in adding language required language features are disabled: in adding language required language features are disabled https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-adding-language-required-language-features-are/a1772af7-3162-4287-a231-f060f8e7fa40
  7. How to disable adding leap second

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to disable adding leap second: i have noticed the PC shutsdowns when it tries to add a leap second . I have over 100 shutdowns over the past month . i disabled date and time sync but dont know whether it will do the trick...
  8. How to disable adding leap second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable adding leap second: i have noticed the PC shutsdowns when it tries to add a leap second . I have over 100 shutdowns over the past month . i disabled date and time sync but dont know whether it will do the trick...
  9. How to disable adding leap second

10. How do I disable the unsolicited ads, news and gossip all over windows 11.

How do I disable the unsolicited ads, news and gossip all over windows 11.: I do not wish to read ads, news and gossip while searching my computer. I have read the other guides here that suggest to right click on the taskbar and change the search settings, but there is no option in the search settings to remove whatever it is that windows is trying...