Windows 10: Disabling Airplane Mode from Safe-Mode Cmd Prompt

Discus and support Disabling Airplane Mode from Safe-Mode Cmd Prompt in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Win 10 ver 1803(os Build 17134.1) on HP Envy x360 M6 Specs https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05315774 I made an inadvertent error. I was running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DeepM, Sep 28, 2019.

1. DeepM Win User

Disabling Airplane Mode from Safe-Mode Cmd Prompt

Win 10 ver 1803(os Build 17134.1) on HP Envy x360 M6
    Specs https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05315774

I made an inadvertent error. I was running a rootkit scan in safemode and rebooted; without remembering that I was on Airplane mode and I am preset to login with a Microsoft Account. Duh!

Now I am stuck in computer getting me to a login page that asks for my Microsoft accounts username/pwd but it cannot verify that because it is in airplane mode. I cannot get out of it.

I tried the F10 & Fn+F12 without luck.

I have not yet figured out a way to either:
    1) Turn off Airplane mode via netsh or regedit
    2) To switch to login with local accounts. (I can login to my local account via safe-mode via command prompt. But if I go via the GUI shell on safe mode I am asked for the microsoft account it fails to recognize my local account).

Or is there a better way?

So far what I have tried:
    Get to safe-mode command prompt (login as the local admin).
    RegEdit hasn't helped much; I haven't found any relevant keys or any internet artilces on it.

net start wlansvc - it starts the service.
    show interface command doesn't show interfaces. So I tried:
    netsh wlan set autoconfig enabled=yes Interface="Wireless Network Controller"

Aha hears where it stops me. It gives me the message:
    There is no such interface on the system

I think long time ago I renamed the Wireless Network Controller to another name like Wi-Fi or WiFi for some other testing. Now I can't figure out how to get a list of the interface names.

Help ????

:)

DeepM, Sep 28, 2019
  2. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Sep 28, 2019
  3. How to disable Airplane mode permanently on Windows 10?

Hi Hunky,

As you are facing issues with turning on or off Airplane on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

The option you are looking for to permanently disable Airplane mode is unfortunately not available.

Let us try few of the below troubleshooting steps to disable Airplane mode and check if it helps.

Step 1: To turn off Airplane mode from Settings and check.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings
      from the left pane.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Airplane mode turn it off and check.

Step 2: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Network Notification Area Icon

• Click on the Network icon in the taskbar notification area.

• Click on the Airplane mode button to toggle on or off.

Step 3: To Turn On or Off Airplane Mode in Action Center

• Open Action Center by clicking Windows + A keys from keyboard.

• Click on the Airplane mode quick action button to toggle on or off.

If the settings are not refining, this issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ missing system files.

Step 4: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with updated status of disabling the Airplane mode for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 28, 2019
  4. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

I am repairing a laptop for a friend and I need to access windows in safe mode and the owner has forgotten the password to the main user. I tried logging on with the administrator profile in safe mode but it is not showing up so I was going to use command prompt in safe mode with command prompt but command prompt will not open when I boot that option. Does anyone have any hints for me to figure this out?

cwtech, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Disabling Airplane Mode from Safe-Mode Cmd Prompt - Similar Threads - Disabling Airplane Mode

2. Stuck in safe mode with cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in safe mode with cmd: Hey there so I booted into safe mode for this reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-windows-security-data/2e733e9a-9819-4b27-851c-2a7d6ece2fad this solution required me to boot to safe mode when I got to the boot menu I had 3 option 1.boot...
  3. Stuck in safe mode with cmd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in safe mode with cmd: Hey there so I booted into safe mode for this reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-windows-security-data/2e733e9a-9819-4b27-851c-2a7d6ece2fad this solution required me to boot to safe mode when I got to the boot menu I had 3 option 1.boot...
  4. Stuck in safe mode with cmd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Wifi and Airplane Mode Issue after using SAFE mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi and Airplane Mode Issue after using SAFE mode: My laptop's Windows is having some issues after I booted it using safe mode settings from the bios.The airplane mode is turned on and the option to turn it off has been greyed out or disabled.The wifi is also not working and showing below given-I have tried troubleshooting...
  6. Safe mode command prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe mode command prompt: How to leave the command prompt area in password and which password is required in that portion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-command-prompt/d638cfbb-e2a9-4ea7-8522-8ce7edb31635
  7. Airplane mode cannot be disabled in windows 10, safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Airplane mode cannot be disabled in windows 10, safe mode: Hi everyone Suddenly, with no reason, my bluetooth button has gone away. I started my machine Intel NUC5i5RYK in safe mode. I forgot my account password. I changed my password using another machine. However it didn't help at all because my first machine is in Airplane...
  8. Airplane mode and safe mode

Airplane mode and safe mode: I am stuck. I inadvertently have my lap top in safe mode and airplane mode simultaneously . I cant work in safe mode because airplane mode seems not to allow me in with my typed password , saying incorrect password and nothing more, and I cant get out of airplane mode because...
  9. Is there anyway to disable Airplane mode?

Is there anyway to disable Airplane mode?: I have just deployed Windows 10 1803. We have laptops from different vendors. I am trying to find Group policy that can disable Airplane mode. I am wondering, Is there anyway to disable Airplane mode on all laptops?...
  10. Safe Mode CMD

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe Mode CMD: Okay so i downloaded a custom theme from Deviart. When i ran the theme it brought me to a blue screen and please wait like normal. i got an error message that said the application failed so i clicked okay. it brought me back to the login screen at the wrong screen resolution....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. command prompt disable airplane mode

2. turn off airplane mode command prompt

3. disable airplane mode cmd

4. airplane mode cmd prompt,
  5. turn off airplane mode form a command prompt,
  6. windows cmd disable airplane mode,
  7. command prompt airplane mode