Windows 10: disabling all notifications from windows

Discus and support disabling all notifications from windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have online exams for a week. The department uses a system called Wheebox Wheebox . Our exam department have sent us email to turn of all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sandila, Jul 22, 2020.

1. sandila Win User

disabling all notifications from windows

I have online exams for a week. The department uses a system called Wheebox Wheebox .
    Our exam department have sent us email to turn of all notifications from computers.

Any pop up notification on system during exam will be taken as a noise. Meaning improper attempt to cheat in exam. Also they have mentioned in email system is very sensitive to sound and they may take the sound of any kind as violation of fair practice.
    So I want to disable any kind of notification and noise. How can I do so .

I am using Windows 10.

:)

sandila, Jul 22, 2020

2. How to disable everything related to Windows push notifications? (SMDH)

Hi,

You can disable the Windows and other apps notifications by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + I and click System.
    • Go to Notifications & actions.
    • From there, you'll see the list of options on whether to enable or disable the notifications.
    • Toggle all the options to Off if you don't want any notifications.

Also, you may disable by following the steps provided in this
    article

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Aug 4, 2020
  3. How to disable notification and sound for apps in Windows 10

Hello Simon,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Do you want to disable only Outlook notification?

• When do you get this notification?

• Do you want to disable other app notifications as well?

You will receive notification along with the sound if you have enabled settings accordingly for the application to notify you.

If you want to disable Outlook notification on Mail app, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Mail and select the top most search result.

• Click on the Settings icon located at the bottom left corner of the app and select
      Notifications from the popped window on the right side.

• Check/uncheck the appropriate options from the Notifications window.

• Close the window and check if the issue is resolved.

If you want to disable other notifications on your PC, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.

• Select System and click on
      Notifications & actions
      from the left side panel of the screen.

• Enable/disable the apps notification from the window accordingly and check if the changes are effective.

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 4, 2020
  4. sspj9 Win User

How to disable sound for notifications using Control Panel:
    1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Click on Hardware and sound.
    3. Click the Change system sounds link.
    4. Under "Windows," scroll and select Notifications.
    5. On the "Sounds," drop-down menu, select (None).
    6. Click Apply.
    7. Click OK.

To change system notifications:
    1. Select the Start button, and then select Settings .
    2. Go to System > Notifications & actions.
    3. Notifications & actions settings page in Windows 10
    4. Do any of the following:
    - Choose the quick actions you'll see in action center.
    - Turn notifications, banners, and sounds on or off for some or all notification senders.
    - Choose whether to see notifications on the lock screen.
    - Choose whether to see notifications when you're duplicating your screen.
    - Turn tips, tricks, and suggestions about Windows on or off.

sspj9, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. disabling all notifications from windows - Similar Threads - disabling notifications

2. How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?: I have been getting this new pop-up since yesterday which shows up whenever my Caps lock or Num lock button is pressed. Never had this issue before. I did install a software update yesterday before shutting down my laptop. Just so you know, I am using a HP Victus laptop with...
  3. How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?: I have been getting this new pop-up since yesterday which shows up whenever my Caps lock or Num lock button is pressed. Never had this issue before. I did install a software update yesterday before shutting down my laptop. Just so you know, I am using a HP Victus laptop with...
  4. Help Disabling Caps/Num Lock notification.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Disabling Caps/Num Lock notification.: Hi, i remember diabling this setting a long time ago and can't remember how. today this annoying thing popped up again. I have tried a multitude of methods that have been previously posted, but appear to lack the options required to complete the instructions. please help me...
  5. Help Disabling Caps/Num Lock notification.

Help Disabling Caps/Num Lock notification.: Hi, i remember diabling this setting a long time ago and can't remember how. today this annoying thing popped up again. I have tried a multitude of methods that have been previously posted, but appear to lack the options required to complete the instructions. please help me...
  6. How do I disable the caps lock on/off notification on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable the caps lock on/off notification on windows 11?: I havent touched any settings where it may change whether or not it appears, but now it is appearing and its really annoying. My laptop has a light indicator to tell me if my caps lock is on or off. But man THIS IS SO ANNOYING. If anyone has the solution, please tell me. I am...
  7. How do I disable the caps lock on/off notification on windows 11?

How do I disable the caps lock on/off notification on windows 11?: I havent touched any settings where it may change whether or not it appears, but now it is appearing and its really annoying. My laptop has a light indicator to tell me if my caps lock is on or off. But man THIS IS SO ANNOYING. If anyone has the solution, please tell me. I am...
  8. Im having a difficult time disabling the Caps Lock On and Off notification that pops on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im having a difficult time disabling the Caps Lock On and Off notification that pops on my...: Can you show or tell me the steps to disabling the notification as soon as possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-a-difficult-time-disabling-the-caps-lock/43596267-5e31-4e7b-9f0d-9830d52020c6
  9. Im having a difficult time disabling the Caps Lock On and Off notification that pops on my...

Im having a difficult time disabling the Caps Lock On and Off notification that pops on my...: Can you show or tell me the steps to disabling the notification as soon as possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-a-difficult-time-disabling-the-caps-lock/43596267-5e31-4e7b-9f0d-9830d52020c6
  10. How to disable caps lock and num lock notification on windows 11 Pc HP

How to disable caps lock and num lock notification on windows 11 Pc HP: My caps lock notification wont turn off, i try to do anything but theres still there.I have a HP All in one windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-caps-lock-and-num-lock-notification/16336d12-e93e-455d-adea-ce7d24b66107