Windows 10: Disabling auto keyboard language/layout change

Discus and support Disabling auto keyboard language/layout change in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi there! I need to write in Spanish and English every day. My laptop have the "Latin American" keyboard, I use at home a "US International"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/metr0metr0, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Disabling auto keyboard language/layout change

Hi there!

I need to write in Spanish and English every day. My laptop have the "Latin American" keyboard, I use at home a "US International" mechanical keyboard. I don't find any issue writing in either of the language with either of the keyboards as long as the Windows keyboard config matches the real keyboard layout I'm using.

I've managed to get the right config using Spanish as typing language and both keyboards associated, so whenever I need to use the internal keyboard I just press WIN+Space and select "ESP-LAA" and whenever I'm at home I select "ESP-INTL" and it works perfect.

However, I believe Windows tries to outsmart this decision and automatically changes the keyboard layout whenever it wants (at least that's my feeling). Are you aware of any way of "locking"or disabling this auto-change? So keyboard layout will only be changed when I manually select the other one?

In case it matters, my PC is part of an enterprise domain with (as usual) many policies applied. (Win 10 Enterprise, 1709, Build 16299.16). However, I didn't find any issue to apply this config of multi keyboard layouts available.

Please let me know if you see something I can lean on to find a fix for this.

Thanks in advance for your support.

submitted by /u/metr0metr0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/metr0metr0, Feb 7, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Keyboard layout switches to non-default layout/language after resume from sleep

Hi,

You can try these steps on changing your keyboard layout:

• On the
      Start
      menu, click
      Settings

• Select
      Time & language

• Click
      Region & language

• Select
      Add a language

• Under
      Languages, click the language you want as a default and click
      Set as default.

NOTE: In changing your keyboard layout, you can also try changing your computer's primary language.
    Your keyboard layout may also change in doing so. However, make sure to use the right keyboard layout for
    entering your password. You might not be able to sign in since the layout has been change.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Windows 10 "Update" Changed keyboard layout on welcome screen and I can't change it back.

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• How many keyboard language have you installed?
    If you have installed more than 1 keyboard language in your system, then I suggest you to remove the keyboard language other than default language and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to remove the language.

• Open Control panel.

• Click on language.

• Select the language and click on remove option at the top.

And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17424/windows-change-keyboard-layout

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Swapna S Win User

Disabling auto keyboard language/layout change

IME with various keyboard layouts

Hi Sean,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in changing the
    keyboard layout. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur, if you have selected any default language for keyboard layout.

Follow below mentioned step to change the keyboard layout Language.

• Press and Hold Windows key + space bar key from your keyboard.

• On right corner of your desktop, you will see a small pop windows that shows keyboard layout Language.

• Using down and up arrow keys, you can change the keyboard layout Language.
    Please get back us, if you are still facing issue
    in changing the keyboard layout language.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Disabling auto keyboard language/layout change

1. Disabling auto keyboard language/layout change - Similar Threads - Disabling auto keyboard

2. Keyboard constantly changes language layout by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard constantly changes language layout by itself: Hello,Some of our users are encountering an annoying issues with their keyboard layout since ~ Mars I would say. I suspect Windows Update to be the source of the problem. We have two keyboard layouts :- Swiss french- Swiss germanThe issue is that some of our French users have...
  3. Keyboard constantly changes language layout by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard constantly changes language layout by itself: Hello,Some of our users are encountering an annoying issues with their keyboard layout since ~ Mars I would say. I suspect Windows Update to be the source of the problem. We have two keyboard layouts :- Swiss french- Swiss germanThe issue is that some of our French users have...
  4. Changing keyboard layout for Chinese language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing keyboard layout for Chinese language: Hi, My laptop runs Windows 11 home, and has an AZERTY keyboard.I use French, English and Chinese regularly, and I've changed the default keyboard layout for English from QWERTY to AZERTY as shown below:But, when I try to do that with Chinese, the option doesn't show up, and...
  5. Changing keyboard layout for Chinese language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing keyboard layout for Chinese language: Hi, My laptop runs Windows 11 home, and has an AZERTY keyboard.I use French, English and Chinese regularly, and I've changed the default keyboard layout for English from QWERTY to AZERTY as shown below:But, when I try to do that with Chinese, the option doesn't show up, and...
  6. Windows keyboard languages layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows keyboard languages layout: Hi. I have 3 languages for keyboard and usually I have only 3 tabs of these 3 languages, but sometimes I have 5 tabs. Like usually it's ENG, UA and RUS but sometimes it's two ENG intl/Uk, UAukre/ru and RUS, why is that?...
  7. Language/keyboard layout not in settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language/keyboard layout not in settings: Hi, I just got a new Win10 laptop (which I looooove btw) and there appears to be an unwanted keyboard layout skulking about. When I click the language tile (next to date/time) or use the Win + space shortcut, 3 languages are listed: English UK, German, and, unwantedly,...
  8. Auto-switch keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto-switch keyboard layout?: I have 2 keyboards with different layouts (US-International and PT-ABNT2) I switch back and forth between. I currently have a shortcut set to change layouts. Is there any way to configure Windows 10 so it automatically switches to the correct layout based on the keyboard I'm...
  9. Keyboard language auto change

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard language auto change: So I have my native keyboard which is a little diffetent from any english one. And I also have that idk how to call that but not windows language but like input language or whatsoever... so I could write those äüöõ and any other symbol (+ - % _ etc.) with my keyboard but...
  10. Keyboard Layout and Other Languages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Layout and Other Languages: Just seeing if anyone has an answer to my conundrum. How do I change the keyboard layout for another language? For example, how can I make a USA QWERTY transliterate to Russian so Q=Q, W=W, E=E, R=R, and so on, not j=o, k=l or whatnot? When I select the Russian keyboard it...