Windows 10: Disabling "Autoclick" when the Cursor Hovers?

Discus and support Disabling "Autoclick" when the Cursor Hovers? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently had to factory reset my PC (Dell Precision 5530 running Windows 10 Pro) and, since doing so, it has been "autoclicking" inconsistently when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xBeerBaronx, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Disabling "Autoclick" when the Cursor Hovers?

I recently had to factory reset my PC (Dell Precision 5530 running Windows 10 Pro) and, since doing so, it has been "autoclicking" inconsistently when I hover my cursor over things. This is rather annoying and not a behavior it had prior to the reset.

I looked up how to disable this (Control Panel, Ease of Access, Mouse, uncheck "activate by hovering"), but my PC doesn't have that option there or anywhere else I can find it.

Does anyone know how I can disable this? I do a lot of text editing in browser windows and switch tabs frequently, and I've lost work by accidentally hovering over the close tab "x" since this started. TIA!

submitted by /u/xBeerBaronx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xBeerBaronx, Jan 19, 2021

2. How Do You Disable Autoclick when Cursor is Hovering on Surface

Hi,

I've recently got a new PC with windows 10 on it.
    There's this feature on it where if you leave your mouse or touchpad hovering over something clickable for about 5 seconds. It will automatically click it.
    I want to turn this feature off but I can't find it anywhere in the control panel under Mouse or anything to turn it off. I've searched online and seen the suggestion of changing the Ease of Access setting but the relevant setting don't appear to be there
    on Windows 10 I need to locate where I can turn this feature on or off using Windows 10.
    Any help would be appreciated.

***Modified title from: "how do you disable autoclick when cursor is hovering"***

Simon Barnett (Simon.Barnett), Jan 19, 2021
  3. How Do You Disable Autoclick when Cursor is Hovering on Surface

Hi Simon,

Regarding your query on how to disable the mouse hover feature in Windows 10, please follow the steps below:

• Right click the Start menu.
    • Go to the Control Panel and click it.
    • Please select Ease of Access Centre option.
    • Choose Make mouse easier to use.
    • In That section, please uncheck Activate a Window by hovering over it with mouse.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Disabling "Autoclick" when the Cursor Hovers?

How to turn off AUTOCLICK in Windows 10

I have read every article I can find about how to turn off AUTOCLICK. The common thread is to uncheck the "activate a window when pointer hovers over it" approach. That does not disable the autoclick function for me. I've altered the sensativity with no
    success.

Is there any alternative approach you can suggest? It is driving me crazy.

ArthurEngland1, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Disabling "Autoclick" when the Cursor Hovers?

1. Disabling "Autoclick" when the Cursor Hovers? - Similar Threads - Disabling Autoclick Cursor

2. Pop-up when mouse cursor hovers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pop-up when mouse cursor hovers: Hello, the pop up dialouge boxes appear whenever mouse cursor hovers on that particular option and gives name or details, and it can be very difficult navigate. I have attached screenshots and can it be disable it. Thanks...
  3. Pop-up when mouse cursor hovers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pop-up when mouse cursor hovers: Hello, the pop up dialouge boxes appear whenever mouse cursor hovers on that particular option and gives name or details, and it can be very difficult navigate. I have attached screenshots and can it be disable it. Thanks...
  4. Stopping cursor hovering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stopping cursor hovering: I have a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Pro. I cannot turn off the hovering feature that changes windows everytime the cursor hovers over a new window. I am using the touchpad, not a mouse. I have followed the published instructions of unclicking the "Activate a window by...
  5. Stopping cursor hovering

Stopping cursor hovering: I have a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Pro. I cannot turn off the hovering feature that changes windows everytime the cursor hovers over a new window. I am using the touchpad, not a mouse. I have followed the published instructions of unclicking the "Activate a window by...
  6. Stopping cursor hovering

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Disable Hover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Hover: I just purchased my laptop with Windows 11. Almost all is well. I cannot stand the hover window/link activation. I NEVER want anything selected if I just hover. Please tell me how to disable it. I will never buy a Windows product again if this cannot be disabled. Thank you....
  8. Disable Hover

Disable Hover: I just purchased my laptop with Windows 11. Almost all is well. I cannot stand the hover window/link activation. I NEVER want anything selected if I just hover. Please tell me how to disable it. I will never buy a Windows product again if this cannot be disabled. Thank you....
  9. Disable cursor hovering auto open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable cursor hovering auto open: How do I disable the cursor hovering auto open feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-cursor-hovering-auto-open/db10b456-8c71-476b-9a88-cde3b44f6af0
  10. Disable cursor hovering auto open

Disable cursor hovering auto open: How do I disable the cursor hovering auto open feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-cursor-hovering-auto-open/db10b456-8c71-476b-9a88-cde3b44f6af0