Windows 10: Disabling Automatic Folder View Settings

Discus and support Disabling Automatic Folder View Settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have tried all recommended ways of disabling this feature, which prevents user from setting each folder to the desired view so that Windows 10 can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IvanDenisovich, May 9, 2021.

1. Disabling Automatic Folder View Settings

I have tried all recommended ways of disabling this feature, which prevents user from setting each folder to the desired view so that Windows 10 can remember it upon closing folder or restarting system. This Includes all registry tweaks suggested. Nothing seems to work. Upon closing or re-starting all folders revert to some default setting. Is there some way to prevent this annoying situation?All suggestions appreciated.

:)

IvanDenisovich, May 9, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, May 9, 2021
  3. Setting folder view

Hi. I have folders on my E drive which I like to see in List view. Some of those folders contain sub-folders which I also like to see in List view. When it comes to the actual files, I'd like them shown as Large Icons.

Is such a setup possible? Thank you. (version 1903)

- - - Updated - - -

I think I've solved it. Set top-level folder to Large Icons then go to View/Options/Change... and click Apply to Folders. Then just change the top-level folder back to Details by right-clicking an empty space.

Taking this a step further, is it possible to have different file views in different folders i.e. all the files in Folder A are shown one way while the files in Folder B are shown another?

- - - Updated - -

dortmunder, May 9, 2021
  4. mrgeek Win User

Disabling Automatic Folder View Settings

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, May 9, 2021
Thema:

Disabling Automatic Folder View Settings

1. Disabling Automatic Folder View Settings - Similar Threads - Disabling Automatic Folder

2. Windows 10 Automatically changes the view in folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Automatically changes the view in folders: Good day dear community,I have the Issue with Windows 10 Pro that sometimes I open up a folder and find that for whatever reason the View had been changed from "large icons" to "details". This issue had been since years and I would love for it to finally to stop doing it on...
  3. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Folder View Defaults: I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer...
  4. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting Folder View Defaults: I despise Windows Explorer, because I set the view I want for EVERY folder to open in, then MS decides, seemingly arbitrarily, to open folders or display search results in other views.Is there any way to fix this other than going to Redmond and taking the MS programmer...
  5. Setting Folder View Defaults

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Folders View Settings Are Not Saving

Folders View Settings Are Not Saving: Recently I've noticed a strange behaviour when I tried to unhide protected operating system files. I unticked the corresponding check box and I received the warning, but when I pressed the OK button, nothing happened. When I opened the view settings again the check box was...
  7. How to disable explorer to switch to "large thumbnails" view automatically in folder with...

How to disable explorer to switch to "large thumbnails" view automatically in folder with...: Every time I open a folder with bunch of `.ts` files for me it's TypeScript files, not translations for video in explorer, it tries to switch from table view to "large thumbnails" view what takes several seconds not joke, really - see gif below to rebuild something and...
  8. Setting folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting folder view: Hi. I have folders on my E drive which I like to see in List view. Some of those folders contain sub-folders which I also like to see in List view. When it comes to the actual files, I'd like them shown as Large Icons. Is such a setup possible? Thank you. (version 1903) 159581
  9. Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ?: Apply Folder View settings to all folders Automatically ? Windows 10 ; Folder view I have set to view dimensions of images for easy reference. I want all windows I open to display this information also . I tried the Apply to All folders , button, in View Options menu....
  10. Issue with Folder View Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with Folder View Setting: Hello All, I have set the Folder View settings for my Win10 many times. But every time I restart the machine the settings were lost. Looks so strange. Please share your ideas to resolve. Thanks, Kannan...