Windows 10: Disabling Avira

Discus and support Disabling Avira in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I installed Avira as a second line of defense to be called on when required. However, it is producing pop-ups, so must be currently 'active'. Autoruns... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sebastian42, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Disabling Avira

I installed Avira as a second line of defense to be called on when required. However, it is producing pop-ups, so must be currently 'active'. Autoruns shows many entries, all ticked and I am denied access to untick them. Without
    uninstalling it, how can I disable it till I need it ? x32W10ProV2004

:)

Sebastian42, Aug 31, 2020

2. Disabling Avira

Muchomurka - your Windows Defender suggestion sounded promising to me. I found three AVIRA entries listed in Inbound Rules in Advanced Security, whose ENABLED status I could change to DISABLED. I can but hope that that does the job.

Incidentally it has alerted me to the possibility of disabling the numerous other entries that are irrelevant to me, but presumably consuming resources.

Sebastian42, Aug 31, 2020
  3. kath_986 Win User
    Avira Antivirus

Windows cannot send updates due to Avira Antivirus (not Aviva) - they suggest uninstalling Avira but it is not listed and I am not aware that I ever downloaded it. Presume its some sort of malware - any suggestions please if anyone has had the same problem
    - thank you

Kath Oliver

kath_986, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Disabling Avira

Avira icon on system tray not showing

p060477,

marsmimar's suggestion, based on that of others, is a very good step to take.

*Arrow If the problem still remains, then, your best bet is to go to the Avira support forum. Avira is the best source to solve this issue. It IS their program, they know best what problems exist, and they are the ones who can actually do something about it!

cottonball, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Disabling Avira

1. Disabling Avira - Similar Threads - Disabling Avira

2. How do I disable Caps message popup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Caps message popup?: Every time I click Caps Lock, it pops a message that reads "Caps Lock On"/"Caps Lock Off", I tried following the instructions on a few similar questions From other users but couldn't find any solution to disable it. It's quite distracting and mainly covers up the...
  3. How do I disable Caps message popup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I disable Caps message popup?: Every time I click Caps Lock, it pops a message that reads "Caps Lock On"/"Caps Lock Off", I tried following the instructions on a few similar questions From other users but couldn't find any solution to disable it. It's quite distracting and mainly covers up the...
  4. How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?: I have been getting this new pop-up since yesterday which shows up whenever my Caps lock or Num lock button is pressed. Never had this issue before. I did install a software update yesterday before shutting down my laptop. Just so you know, I am using a HP Victus laptop with...
  5. How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?

How to disable the on-screen notification of caps lock/num lock enabling/disabling?: I have been getting this new pop-up since yesterday which shows up whenever my Caps lock or Num lock button is pressed. Never had this issue before. I did install a software update yesterday before shutting down my laptop. Just so you know, I am using a HP Victus laptop with...
  6. How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP: Hello !It's been two years that I use my computer and very recently yesterday, the "Caps Lock On / Off" keep coming on my screen when I press the shift button.It's really annoying, and I keep looking for how to disable it but I can't find a solution.Anybody can help ?...
  7. How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP

How to disable caps lock on / off Windows 11 HP: Hello !It's been two years that I use my computer and very recently yesterday, the "Caps Lock On / Off" keep coming on my screen when I press the shift button.It's really annoying, and I keep looking for how to disable it but I can't find a solution.Anybody can help ?...
  8. How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?: As said in the title, how do I permanently disable Windows 10 update?I just lost my simulation work that takes 8 hours to run and it updated itself while left unattended. It's crazy how this just has to happen before my uni submission deadline. Now that I could not submit it...
  9. How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?

How to permanently disable Windows 10 update?: As said in the title, how do I permanently disable Windows 10 update?I just lost my simulation work that takes 8 hours to run and it updated itself while left unattended. It's crazy how this just has to happen before my uni submission deadline. Now that I could not submit it...
  10. Disabling Avira

Disabling Avira: I installed Avira as a second line of defense to be called on when required. However, it is producing pop-ups, so must be currently 'active'. Autoruns shows many entries, all ticked and I am denied access to untick them. Without uninstalling it, how can I disable it till I...