Windows 10: Disabling being directed to the windows 10 email apps

Discus and support Disabling being directed to the windows 10 email apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I do not use the Windows 10 email app as I use yahoo and zoho accounts but when I click on an email in a website I cannot send them an email as Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by -Emerson-, Jan 28, 2020.

1. -Emerson- Win User

Disabling being directed to the windows 10 email apps

I do not use the Windows 10 email app as I use yahoo and zoho accounts but when I click on an email in a website I cannot send them an email as Windows 10 directs me to their app only and the only option I have is to cancel . Can anyone tell me how to get around this. It is so irritating to be consistently told by one company that you cannot use another companies products! WHat is happening to the world!

:)

-Emerson-, Jan 28, 2020

2. Error: "Emails not synced" on Windows 10 Mail app

Hi Charles,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you using same Microsoft account on both the computers to access the Email program?
    • Is this issue confined to Windows Mail app on your computer?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Method 3: I suggest you to Disable Proxy Settings

Windows Store apps won't work properly if you are using a proxy server. You may disable the proxy server and check.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows Key + R to open
      Run
      command, type inetcpl.cpl.
    • Under Internet Options, go to
      Connections
      tab.
    • c. Click on the LAN Settings button.
    • Then uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click Apply.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of syncing the emails for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 28, 2020
  3. windows 10 photo app will not send photos via email

Hi Jean,

To guide you in the right direction, let us know the following:

• How exactly are you trying to share photos from photos app? Please explain step by step.

• As you mentioned, "I am given the option to email the photos with my Gmail account", but via which app are you getting this option? Is it via Windows 10 Mail App?

• If yes, then have you configured your Gmail account in Windows 10 Mail App?
    Help us with the required information, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Disabling being directed to the windows 10 email apps - Similar Threads - Disabling being directed

2. direct email to microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    direct email to microsoft: This is the worst customer service. How do I access support chat or send an issue via email - I am not an admin and I dont want to troll 1000 links to FAQs and click links to go back to the original web page. Surely Bill Gates can get this basic stuff working...
  3. direct email to microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    direct email to microsoft: This is the worst customer service. How do I access support chat or send an issue via email - I am not an admin and I dont want to troll 1000 links to FAQs and click links to go back to the original web page. Surely Bill Gates can get this basic stuff working...
  4. Windows directly opening an app

Windows directly opening an app: Last night i changed some settings from ease of access!I am not sure which settings but i remember that i set up Angry birds rovio game from setting!Then i used my computer for some time.And then i shut it down and go to sleep.Today when i tried to turn on my pc my pc...
  5. Windows directly opening an app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows directly opening an app: Last night i changed some settings from ease of access!I am not sure which settings but i remember that i set up Angry birds rovio game from setting!Then i used my computer for some time.And then i shut it down and go to sleep.Today when i tried to turn on my pc my pc...
  6. Wind direction, Windows 10 Weather app

Wind direction, Windows 10 Weather app: How does one tell what direction the wind is coming from? A prior thread on this subject had two completely opposite responses. I am unable to find any legend for the Windows 10 weather app. Thank you....
  7. How to disable Email & account app on Windows 10 Pro 1909

in Browsers and Email
    How to disable Email & account app on Windows 10 Pro 1909: Hi all, our default app for Windows 10 pro Build 1909 users is Outlook 2013, and we have a cloud proxy in place to block users from Web based email cloud solutions like Yahoo, Gmail etc using the browsers. How do I disable the Windows Email & Accounts app to stop users from...
  8. Emails being deleted from Mail App

Emails being deleted from Mail App: Hi I cannot seam to save emails in folders on the email app, they are deleted when I delete them from the email providers webmail site. I need to delete them from the webmail site in order to free up space to continue to receive emails. The email provider has tried but is...
  9. Can't Open Windows 10 apps Directly

Can't Open Windows 10 apps Directly: For some reason I can't directly open my windows 10 apps, i click on them and enter but nothing happens. My non windows apps though work fine. Not only that but if I go into run and type in the location I can access it again. From what I know some sort of registry files got...
  10. OneDrive 'is being integrated directly' into Windows 10, ditching app

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive 'is being integrated directly' into Windows 10, ditching app: Gabriel Aul, the head of the Windows Insider program at Microsoft, stated that the OneDrive cloud storage service "'is being integrated directly" into Windows 10, rather than being offered as a stand alone app. Aul's response came from a question on his Twitter account,...