Windows 10: Disabling Bitlocker Encryption on Windows Home

Discus and support Disabling Bitlocker Encryption on Windows Home in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to dual-boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.04 on my Dell G5 laptop and I currently cannot do this because I am getting a message from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DevinHunter2, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Disabling Bitlocker Encryption on Windows Home

Hello,

I am trying to dual-boot Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.04 on my Dell G5 laptop and I currently cannot do this because I am getting a message from Ubuntu to turn off BitLocker encryption in order to install the Ubuntu OS. My laptop currently has Windows 10 Home, so I cannot find 'Bitlocker Encryption' in my control panel. Is there another way of turning off the BitLocker encryption?

:)

DevinHunter2, Aug 3, 2020

2. BitLocker Encrypted Hard Drive to MAC

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform below mentioned steps to disable BitLocker.

To disable BitLocker I would suggest you try the following steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Change View by from Category
      to Large Icons/Small Icons.

• Click on BitLocker Drive Encryption and click on
      Turn BitLocker Off.

• Follow on screen instructions. Click on Decrypt the Drive
      when the message appears.
    I would suggest you click on the link below and refer the following article.

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

Scenario 12: Turning Off BitLocker Drive Encryption (Windows 7)

(You can refer the steps in the above link as they are applicable for Windows 10 as well)

Check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Bitlocker Drive Encryption(Not Responding) at 84.5%

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are trying to encrypt the complete hard drive with BitLocker Drive Encryption and now it’s not responding as well.

We would suggest you to refer this
    BitLocker: Use BitLocker Drive Encryption Tools to manage BitLocker
    article and check manage-bde section, if that helps to make the changes.

However, for further queries we would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet
    forums, where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on BitLocker to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Disabling Bitlocker Encryption on Windows Home

Avoiding Bitlocker Device Encryption on W10 Home

Better then to ask someone who's actually prepared to talk about it, like Dell...

https://www.dell.com/support/article...efault?lang=en

Bree, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Disabling Bitlocker Encryption on Windows Home

1. Disabling Bitlocker Encryption on Windows Home - Similar Threads - Disabling Bitlocker Encryption

2. Bitlocker encryption disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encryption disabled: I kept getting The bitlocker recovery key screen upon starting my computer requiring me to enter the recovery key each time to get my machine to boot-up. A person I know disabled the encryption with the manage.bde commands. I no longer get the bitlocker recovery key screen on...
  3. Bitlocker encryption disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker encryption disabled: I kept getting The bitlocker recovery key screen upon starting my computer requiring me to enter the recovery key each time to get my machine to boot-up. A person I know disabled the encryption with the manage.bde commands. I no longer get the bitlocker recovery key screen on...
  4. Bitlocker encryption disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. BitLocker Encryption not disabling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Encryption not disabling: I need some help with my BitLocker Drive Encryption.Every time I log into my Laptop, my drives are all encrypted, meaning that I have to get a key every time. This is really annoying as I access these drives very often. I tried for hours to find a way to disable this in my...
  6. BitLocker Encryption not disabling

BitLocker Encryption not disabling: I need some help with my BitLocker Drive Encryption.Every time I log into my Laptop, my drives are all encrypted, meaning that I have to get a key every time. This is really annoying as I access these drives very often. I tried for hours to find a way to disable this in my...
  7. Disable Bitlocker Encryption on Windows 11 Home 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Bitlocker Encryption on Windows 11 Home 2022: Hi, I just received a Dell Inspiron 7415 2 in 1 with Windows 11 Home pre-installed. Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 Feb 10th 22I did the set up and logged into my outlook account as requested. A few days later, I triggered a Bitlocker lockdown while testing the laptop with a...
  8. Disable Bitlocker Encryption on Windows 11 Home 2022

Disable Bitlocker Encryption on Windows 11 Home 2022: Hi, I just received a Dell Inspiron 7415 2 in 1 with Windows 11 Home pre-installed. Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 Feb 10th 22I did the set up and logged into my outlook account as requested. A few days later, I triggered a Bitlocker lockdown while testing the laptop with a...
  9. Disabling Bitlocker Encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Bitlocker Encryption: Hi there I'm Using a Dell Inspiron 3501. I have a problem in my windows 11 PC. That is one of my drives which has important files in it is suddenly encrypted with Bitlocker. Actually I did not set any passwords to my drives but I dont know how it came to my drives. So i tried...
  10. Disabling Bitlocker Encryption

Disabling Bitlocker Encryption: Hi there I'm Using a Dell Inspiron 3501. I have a problem in my windows 11 PC. That is one of my drives which has important files in it is suddenly encrypted with Bitlocker. Actually I did not set any passwords to my drives but I dont know how it came to my drives. So i tried...