Windows 10: Disabling bluetooth discoverability in Win10 Pro 1903

Discus and support Disabling bluetooth discoverability in Win10 Pro 1903 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can't seem to figure out how to disable discoverability when Bluetooth is switched on. I just want to use Bluetooth without it also advertising... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by pppeterd, Oct 1, 2019.

1. pppeterd Win User

Disabling bluetooth discoverability in Win10 Pro 1903

Can't seem to figure out how to disable discoverability when Bluetooth is switched on.

I just want to use Bluetooth without it also advertising itself to all nearby devices ALL the time. All prior versions of windows and all other operating systems I've ever used offer this basic security and privacy option.

Here is the view in settings. How do I change it to non discoverable?

Disabling bluetooth discoverability in Win10 Pro 1903 d549f585-3722-422d-9dc8-a966edbc3cd5?upload=true.gif

In the more options panel there is this where discoverability is actually disabled. However this panel does not actually appear to do anything.

Disabling bluetooth discoverability in Win10 Pro 1903 b7baa8f3-aebe-4862-9184-139025bb1341?upload=true.gif

Bluetooth is via Intel AX200

Disabling bluetooth discoverability in Win10 Pro 1903 05d82d60-7e7c-4311-839a-3244d8b33c77?upload=true.gif

I know discovery can be stopped via a hack where Bluetooth support service is disabled in the SCM however I'm mostly using Bluetooth PAN which does NOT work at all with Bluetooth service disabled.

Is there an option to disable discoverability I'm simply overlooking or even a registry setting that can be changed? If not currently possible does Microsoft intend to address this?

:)

pppeterd, Oct 1, 2019
  2. Hab Tom Win User

how to disable adaptive brightness on win10 pro 1903

Can any one please tell me how to disable auto(adaptive) brightness on win10 pro 1903

Hab Tom, Oct 1, 2019
  3. curt jugg Win User
    Bluetooth: Is my computer discoverable or not?

Thanks for your reply, spapakons. Does that mean, then, that if I don't put a tick in the box my PC won't be discoverable even though the earlier note still says, "Your PC. is searching for and can be discovered by Bluetooth devices"?

curt jugg, Oct 1, 2019
  4. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Disabling bluetooth discoverability in Win10 Pro 1903 - Similar Threads - Disabling bluetooth discoverability

2. bluetooth not discoverable now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth not discoverable now: Before it was my Bluetooth PAIRED but wasn't CONNECTED... Now my device isn't been discovered when I'm trying to search for it...Since unboxing this new laptop, I am experiencing such issues with the Bluetooth. It was very much easy to connect my wireless earphones to my...
  3. bluetooth not discoverable now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth not discoverable now: Before it was my Bluetooth PAIRED but wasn't CONNECTED... Now my device isn't been discovered when I'm trying to search for it...Since unboxing this new laptop, I am experiencing such issues with the Bluetooth. It was very much easy to connect my wireless earphones to my...
  4. bluetooth not discoverable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth not discoverable: I am using msi bravo 15 with ryzen 5 and rx5500h gpu , i have tried multiple attemts to fix bluetooth not discovering nearby devices troubleshooting dosent help, the problem started when i tried installing uninstalling gpu drivers i tried to find bluetooth drivers but...
  5. bluetooth not discoverable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth not discoverable: I am using msi bravo 15 with ryzen 5 and rx5500h gpu , i have tried multiple attemts to fix bluetooth not discovering nearby devices troubleshooting dosent help, the problem started when i tried installing uninstalling gpu drivers i tried to find bluetooth drivers but...
  6. Bluetooth error "discoverable"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth error "discoverable": I am using a Bluetooth dongle to connect my speaker to the computer but I am having this error saying "That didn't work. Make sure that your Bluetooth device is discoverable then try again"What should I do?...
  7. Bluetooth error "discoverable"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth error "discoverable": I am using a Bluetooth dongle to connect my speaker to the computer but I am having this error saying "That didn't work. Make sure that your Bluetooth device is discoverable then try again"What should I do?...
  8. Bluetooth Discoverability

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Discoverability: I can't seem to get my PC to add Bluetooth headphones. when I go into settings and click on "allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC" it won't save the settings, nor does it discover the headphones after I put them in pairing mode. What do I do to get this to work?...
  9. how to disable adaptive brightness on win10 pro 1903 - Answer

how to disable adaptive brightness on win10 pro 1903 - Answer: Hi, this is an answer to the question posted here unfortunately that thread is "locked" and so I could not reply there. Like everyone on that thread, there were no options within display or power settings, etc. to disable adaptive brightness. I happen to have an old Sony...
  10. how to disable adaptive brightness on win10 pro 1903

how to disable adaptive brightness on win10 pro 1903: Can any one please tell me how to disable auto(adaptive) brightness on win10 pro 1903 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-adaptive-brightness-on-win10-pro/71090ce1-6bd3-4aba-bbe1-88ffaa9dabc8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disabling bluetooth support service disabled my bluetooth headset as well