Windows 10: Disabling certain applications temporarily

Discus and support Disabling certain applications temporarily in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Is there a program that allows me to temporarily disable certain applications/services while I am running something? Just wanna use that to stop my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jonathan#c, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Disabling certain applications temporarily

Is there a program that allows me to temporarily disable certain applications/services while I am running something?

Just wanna use that to stop my anti-virus program (and some other stuffs as well) while I'm playing a game.

I often find it annoying because it constantly scans the computer files which causes lags and network disconnection while I play.

I'm not looking for an answer like "You can just turn the anti-virus program off manually before you play the game."

Thank you!

:)

jonathan#c, Nov 12, 2019

2. Can't launch any applications

Hi,

This error message will show if the application or program that you are trying to open was been blocked by Windows Defender SmartScreen. Having said that, we suggest that you disable Windows Defender SmartScreen by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Click on App & browser control.
    • Click on Off in the following options:
      • Check apps and files.
      • SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge.
      • SmartScreen for Windows Store apps.
    • SmartScreen is now completely disabled. If you'd like to still receive a warning when a potentially malicious file or program is detected, you can choose Warn in each SmartScreen option.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Nov 12, 2019
  3. [Windows 10] Sign in to Microsoft Account Issue

Hi,

This issue could occur due to some incorrect settings. I would suggest you to first check if there is any proxy connection setup in your PC. If yes, disable it temporarily and check if the issue persists. To disable proxy, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key +R and type 'inetcpl.cpl'.
    • Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.
    • Uncheck the option “Use a Proxy Server for your LAN”.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save changes.

Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Nov 12, 2019
  4. Disabling certain applications temporarily

Unable to connect to internet using the Microsoft applications and can access the internet using Chrome and thunderbird

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Are you the administrator of the account?
    • Is the system connected to a domain?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    This issue may arise due to application conflicts or due to the corruptions in internet settings. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, If you have installed any third party security application, I suggest you to temporarily disable it and see if it fixes the issue.

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software.
    If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to type each of the following commands in Command prompt in by signing in as administrator.

Press Windows key+ X and open command prompt as
    Administrator.

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

NETSH winsock reset catalog

NETSH int ipv4 reset reset.log

NETSH int ipv6 reset reset.log

Exit

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

Disabling certain applications temporarily

1. Disabling certain applications temporarily - Similar Threads - Disabling certain applications

2. Discoloration on certain applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discoloration on certain applications: When i use certain applications, such as Steam and Discord, there is a major shift of discoloration, giving everything a slight purple hue. This has started affecting my default applications like Windows Explorer, where images will be displayed normally, but when opened with...
  3. Discoloration on certain applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discoloration on certain applications: When i use certain applications, such as Steam and Discord, there is a major shift of discoloration, giving everything a slight purple hue. This has started affecting my default applications like Windows Explorer, where images will be displayed normally, but when opened with...
  4. How to temporarily disable antivirus and firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to temporarily disable antivirus and firewall: I am trying to download a game I know is safe but I'm being "protected" by my antivirus. None of the articles I have read so far have been helpful....
  5. Is there any way to disable certain cameras for certain applications?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there any way to disable certain cameras for certain applications?: An example is only using OBS virtual camera on chrome while my regular webcam is disabled but OBS will be using that webcam for the virtual webcam. Can I do that?...
  6. Certain applications not launching

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain applications not launching: I have had problems with various applications on my computer randomly stop working. It started a few months ago when a program called Overwolf randomly stopped launching, not even giving an error code. Later more apps started failing, including Logitech G hub, and bluestacks....
  7. Can AntiMalware be temporarily disabled?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can AntiMalware be temporarily disabled?: Can I temporarily disable antimalware? I keep my Win 10 PC up to date. Sometimes it gets extremely slow. When I open Task Manager, it indicates Antimalware is running and using all my memory, and the end task box is not available. It would be nice to be able to stop...
  8. Temporarily disable Windows Update Reboot

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Temporarily disable Windows Update Reboot: Hello all, I'm about to have a meltdown caused by Win updates. I'm trying to recover data from a 8TB drive, and it's taking an unusually long amount of time (1+ week), but it's progressing and about done. The drive in question is on it's last leg and the BIOS fails SMART, I...
  9. How to disable certain applications' notifications once and for all?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable certain applications' notifications once and for all?: I have an application that pops up lots of notifications each time after it started up such that these started to annoy me. But what I find even more annoying is that even though I regularly disable that app's notifications in Windows 10's -> Settings -> Notifications &...
  10. temporarily disable indexing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    temporarily disable indexing: I suspect that windows indexing might be causing the short, intermittent freezes that I have been experiencing. I want to test it. I went to services and stopped windows search. But I see that the process SearchIndexer.exe is still running. What is the right way to do...