Windows 10: Disabling ClearType doesn't work everywhere!!!

Discus and support Disabling ClearType doesn't work everywhere!!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I want to disable completely ClearType, but I noticed e.g. in control panel windows still uses anti-aliasing for smoothing text. [img] While e.g. on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by empleat, Mar 16, 2021.

1. empleat Win User

Disabling ClearType doesn't work everywhere!!!

I want to disable completely ClearType, but I noticed e.g. in control panel windows still uses anti-aliasing for smoothing text.

Disabling ClearType doesn't work everywhere!!! [​IMG]

While e.g. on desktop, or in browser there is no aa:

I read it is some bug. Any way how to fix this and disable ClearType for everything?

I disabled it under "Adjust ClearType text", box is unchecked and also "smooth edges of screen fonts" is unchecked in "Visual Effects" setting!

Thanks for help.

:)

empleat, Mar 16, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Mar 16, 2021
  4. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Disabling ClearType doesn't work everywhere!!! - Similar Threads - Disabling ClearType doesn't

2. Internal Microphone not working in Zoom...working everywhere else.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Microphone not working in Zoom...working everywhere else.: I've googled the heck out of this subject and have tried different things that seemed to have worked for others but I can't get the internal microphone to work in Zoom. It had been working since I bought this HP Envy Laptop but today it stopped. Please help!...
  3. Internal Microphone not working in Zoom...working everywhere else.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal Microphone not working in Zoom...working everywhere else.: I've googled the heck out of this subject and have tried different things that seemed to have worked for others but I can't get the internal microphone to work in Zoom. It had been working since I bought this HP Envy Laptop but today it stopped. Please help!...
  4. Cleartype

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cleartype: For those of you that think your text on Windows is a little blurry try this submitted by /u/Deathdar1577 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/qkd3mu/cleartype/
  5. search box is not working everywhere

in Cortana
    search box is not working everywhere: I have updated latest version of windows yesterday and my search box is not at all working everywhere. I have troubleshooted it and run some powershell folders but nothing is working till now please help me...
  6. A question about ClearType.

in Windows 10 Customization
    A question about ClearType.: Recently I just bought a new monitor And i wanted to use the ClearType again But whenever i try to launch the ClearType, It never shows up which means i cannot change the setting But in the Task Manager It show that ClearType is working... How could i fix it? Sorry for my...
  7. Cleartype won't calibrate on extended monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cleartype won't calibrate on extended monitor: I have a Lenovo x1 connected to an eGPU with RX570 that powers my 4k + 2k monitor. The 2k monitor's text looks fuzzy so I tried to calibrate ClearType on it but whenever I try, it doesn't proceed through the calibration process. Right when I click next I get the message that...
  8. nVidia cards and ClearType - Not that clear...

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    nVidia cards and ClearType - Not that clear...: Hello guys. I have been trying (with little success) to fine tune screen output readability by invoking cttune.exe. On my GTX 1070 card some white text (like the one inside nVidia CP) is displayed with an annoying greenish hue. I would like to know if there is some other way...
  9. Cleartype settings keep on resetting

Cleartype settings keep on resetting: I am unable to change the default clear type settings. I change the setting an finish the process, the window closes but there are no changes in the text view. The setting reset to the default values everytime I click on finish......
  10. Bat file to turn on ClearType.

Bat file to turn on ClearType.: Hi there Ive noticed that as soon as I connect to webex, ClearType is turned off and my text looks pixelated. In older windows versions, I used to be able to run a bat file to automate it being turned back on: %SystemRoot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe...