Windows 10: Disabling CSM doesn't allow boot to Windows

Discus and support Disabling CSM doesn't allow boot to Windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Not sure if this is a BIOS bug or I'm just messing with something I shouldn't. To my understanding, CSM support is for old OS's. I wanted to disable it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Supra, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Supra Win User

Disabling CSM doesn't allow boot to Windows

Not sure if this is a BIOS bug or I'm just messing with something I shouldn't. To my understanding, CSM support is for old OS's. I wanted to disable it to enable Secure Boot, but it seems when I disable CSM support in my BIOS it just boots back into the BIOS when I save the settings. It seems to recognise the drives, but doesn't allow me to even boot override into Windows. Relevant information is in my specs.*Smile

:)

Supra, Aug 6, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Disabling CSM doesn't allow boot to Windows [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Aug 6, 2019
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Disabling CSM doesn't allow boot to Windows [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Aug 6, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Can't disable UEFI boot on HP 250 G3

There is literally not something UEFI allows. If those options do exist they likely just disable all the boot options under the UEFI boot section, but you can't entirely disable UEFI booting.

If you really must, just disable every option under the UEFI section in the BIOS.

newtekie1, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Disabling CSM doesn't allow boot to Windows - Similar Threads - Disabling CSM doesn't

2. Windows not responsive after disabling CSM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows not responsive after disabling CSM: I bought a used GPU, RX 6600. After watching lots of PC related videos, they always said to turn rebar ON. But after i turn on Above 4G Decoding and then Rebar, my PC become unresponsive. It was able to boot and login into windows but when i tried to launch any app, it won't...
  3. Disable csm on a omen desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable csm on a omen desktop: I need to disable csm in my bios but i cant find it in my bios options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-csm-on-a-omen-desktop/7d99bb5c-6130-45e0-97d1-e9ef9d3e933e
  4. I cant boot into bios after disabling CSM.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant boot into bios after disabling CSM.: Hello! I try to enable Secure Boot so that I can play Valorant on Windows 11. When i want to enable it it tells me to "Disable CSM first". After i disabled CSM, when i try to enter bios, it shows up zoomed in and i cant move my mouse anywhere, its blocked. But if i dont press...
  5. I cant boot into bios after disabling CSM.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant boot into bios after disabling CSM.: Hello! I try to enable Secure Boot so that I can play Valorant on Windows 11. When i want to enable it it tells me to "Disable CSM first". After i disabled CSM, when i try to enter bios, it shows up zoomed in and i cant move my mouse anywhere, its blocked. But if i dont press...
  6. Disabling CSM and enabling secure boot makes my Boot drive disappear.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disabling CSM and enabling secure boot makes my Boot drive disappear.: Windows 11 upgrade requires I enable secure boot on my PC, it's main use is as a home Plex Server, It has an Intel 8700k and I just use the integrated graphics UHD 630, I don't need a discreet gpu for this. I believe W11 supports this.In the BIOS gigabyte z370 motherboard the...
  7. Can't enable Ultrafast Boot in the BIOS, can't disable CSM in Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't enable Ultrafast Boot in the BIOS, can't disable CSM in Boot: I have just finished installing everything on my new system and realized that I can't enable Ultrafast Boot in the BIOS. Every time I enable it, it reverts to disabled. I'm using an NVM.e m.2 SSD (SK Hynix P31 Gold 1TB). Everything was set to UEFI during the installation...
  8. Disable CSM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable CSM: Hi, I am trying to disable CSM on my B450m Pro4 but if i turn it off my screen will go black until i clear the CMOS ( for my hackintosh). I had windows installed with bios UEFI mode (not legacy) and ssd formatted as GPT. Tried some random fix i found online and windows became...
  9. Launch csm is disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Launch csm is disabled: What do I do if the launch CSM is disabled? I can’t even get to it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/launch-csm-is-disabled/ec2addaf-d4d3-47a1-b91f-acf0583137ed
  10. Disable CSM?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable CSM?: Hi. I recently disabled CSM in my bios and formatted my pc. Ive only tested kingdom come deliverance but be for I was getting 45fps to 30fps on ultra and constant judder on all graphic options. I was using in game FPS counter as I didn't want any thing like MSI after burner...