Windows 10: Disabling Diagnostic Policy Service

Discus and support Disabling Diagnostic Policy Service in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I just disabled the Diagnostic Policy Service, Diagnostic Service Host, and the Diagnostic System Host. Is there any adverse actions that this may... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by anonjwm, Apr 7, 2017.

1. anonjwm Win User

Disabling Diagnostic Policy Service

I just disabled the Diagnostic Policy Service, Diagnostic Service Host, and the Diagnostic System Host.

Is there any adverse actions that this may cause? So far I have not noticed any.

Once I get my Windows Settings the way I like, they normally stay the same, as I do not do any updates.

Thanks.

:)

anonjwm, Apr 7, 2017

2. windows 10 automatic shutdown

Hi Anil,

We appreciate you sharing with us how you get to resolve the issue you were experiencing with your PC's performance.

Here are the things you want to know about disabling the services you've already disabled:

• Disabling the Search service will stop the indexing of all files. You'll still have an access to search but this time, it will take longer since it has to search through your files every time. You may trim down the files that are getting
      indexed instead of disabling the said service.
    • The Diagnostic Policy service enables problem detection, troubleshooting, and resolution for Windows components. Stopping this service, diagnostics will no longer function and any services that explicitly depend on it will fail to start.
    • The Diagnostic Service Host is used by the Diagnostic Policy Service to host diagnostics that need to run in a Local Service context. Disabling this service, any diagnostics that depend on it will no longer function.
    • The Diagnostic System Host is used by the Diagnostic Policy service to host diagnostics that need to run in a Local System context. Disabling this, any diagnostics that depend on it will also no longer function.

Basically, disabling a service means a domino effect for the services that depends on it. It seems that all the services that you've disabled are related to diagnostics.

Let us know if you have further queries.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Apr 7, 2017
  3. "The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running."

"The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running." Start up apps and cortana is not working when i click on it after windows 10 update. In addtion, windows firewall will not turn on. So many problems after updating windows. Please help.

SujaniNair, Apr 7, 2017
  4. caperjack Win User

my best guess would you will not notice anything till you have an issue and no tools to diagnosis the problem

caperjack, Apr 8, 2017
  5. anonjwm Win User
    Thanks, if that is the only thing, then I am ok with that. Just was wondering if anything else could happen.

anonjwm, Apr 8, 2017
  6. Your machine can have issues and you will not know what they are. Believe it or not some services that MS has are useful. The Days of Black Viper's tweak are over. I have 122 process running now. I will leave them be as Microsoft at times knows what they are doing.

Josey Wales, Apr 8, 2017
  7. anonjwm Win User
    What examples do you have, as far as things going wrong

anonjwm, Apr 8, 2017
  8. Plankton Win User

Turning all that stuff off for me made my system BSOD a few times.

Plankton, Apr 8, 2017
  9. anonjwm Win User
    I ended up turning it back on, I don't think it uses that much resources anyway. Just in case.

anonjwm, Apr 8, 2017
  10. EliteData Win User
    youre better off just setting it to a "manual" or "triggered" state rather than a "disabled" state.

EliteData, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Disabling Diagnostic Policy Service - Similar Threads - Disabling Diagnostic Policy

2. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Diagnostic Policy Service: I am trying to start the Duagnostiv policy service and everything I have tried doesn't work and if I try to start it in service and do it from there I get access denied when I try to start, it what can I do?...
  3. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diagnostic Policy Service: I am trying to start the Duagnostiv policy service and everything I have tried doesn't work and if I try to start it in service and do it from there I get access denied when I try to start, it what can I do?...
  4. The Diagnostic Policy Service starts then stops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Diagnostic Policy Service starts then stops: When I try and troubleshoot my network I get greeted with the message “Diagnostics Policy Service is not running” and when I press try these repairs as administrator it doesn’t do anything. Then when I tried manually turning it on it told me “The Diagnostic Policy Service on...
  5. Diagnostic policy service not running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Diagnostic policy service not running: My laptop windows 10 keeps saying diagnostic policy service not running. I have tried fixing it and when I hit start it says error 5. I am the administrator and have all privileges. I have googled the issue and can’t seem to fix it. Previously I had issues with my network...
  6. Weird Diagnostic Policy Service spikes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Diagnostic Policy Service spikes: Hello everyone, since the upgrade from 1809 to 1903, I've noticed weird spikes of DPS. It only happens when I am on wifi, otherwise connected through Ethernet, the spikes are gone. I've tried everything, reseting network, deleting sru file, changing startup of this service...
  7. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Diagnostic Policy Service: It takes 30% of my PC CPU in last 7 days. It is not normal. Any advice how to fix it? thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnostic-policy-service/7d1e3ebb-a6e6-495d-98d3-60d4ae01b27f
  8. No Internet Connection, No Diagnostics Policy Service

No Internet Connection, No Diagnostics Policy Service: Please help. My laptop is for some unknown reason not connecting to the internet via wifi or ethernet. It will also not diagnose the problem as it says The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running and it cannot fix it. Please can someone advise - I'm not super techy. but I...
  9. Cannot restore the Diagnostic Policy Service

Cannot restore the Diagnostic Policy Service: This is my first post in TenForums, I'll try not to screw up. And I am not a computer tech. Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393 Dell Optiplex 380 I am trying to network my computers, of which I have too many! LOL These are the OSes I need to network, although...
  10. Diagnostic Policy Service - high CPU

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Diagnostic Policy Service - high CPU: HP laptop problem In the last few days, this laptop started having poor performance, with Task manager showing Diagnostic Policy Service taking up to 30% or more of CPU. HP Spectre x360 - 13-4197dx (ENERGY STAR) [img] In the last few days it started having poor...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. diagnostic policy service disabled

2. diagnostics policy service disable