Windows 10: disabling dwm access denied

Discus and support disabling dwm access denied in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I created another post since my first got unasnwered 20 days and editing doesn't bring up my question. I am trying to terminate dwm on windows 10, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by empleat, May 12, 2019.

1. empleat Win User

disabling dwm access denied

I created another post since my first got unasnwered 20 days and editing doesn't bring up my question.
    I am trying to terminate dwm on windows 10, i found this guide dwm - Temporarily disable Desktop Composition in Windows 10? - Super User
    After i suspend explorer.exe i try to terminate dwm and it says access denied, even i added my admin account as owner and full control. It is important to disable this process cause huge input lag! And it should be possible, don't know why this doesnt work.

:)

empleat, May 12, 2019
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, May 12, 2019
  3. Get better Game Performance under Vista by disabling DWM on a per-application basis!

I just came across this tip/tweak, which probably many who are familiar with Vista already know... It's about disabling the aero effect on a per-application basis, so that you get vista basic interface during gameplay (when you're not going to see it) and it switches back to aero when you exit the game.

DWM, or the Desktop Window Manager, turns the graphics card into a shared resource which allows for the Aeroglass effects and the tear-free desktop. When running normal applications, this is a good thing because it offloads the graphics work (the bulk of which was handled by the CPU in Windows XP) to the GPU, which, when running normal applications is sitting in your computer doing nothing. With Aeroglass/DWM on, the CPU is freed up for other duties as all of the desktop graphics are now handled by the GPU.

In DirectX 9 and OpenGL games however, having Aeroglass/DWM on can decrease performance. This is for a number of reasons :
    1.DWM makes the video card a shared resource. When DWM is on, programs are not allowed direct access to the video card.
    2.DWM uses both System RAM and VRAM because it maintains an offscreen buffer for every window.

Fortunately, Microsoft has provided a way to disable DWM on a per-application basis so you can still enjoy Aeroglass when not running games. To disable DWM on a per-application basis, right click on the application/game's icon and select properties. Navigate to the compatibility tab, then find and check Disable Desktop Compositing. Now, whenever you launch that program, Windows Vista will temporarily switch back to the Windows XP style graphics subsystem.

DirectX 10 games shouldn't be affected as much (if at all) by having DWM on because the DirectX 10 API is designed around having the GPU as a shared resource and is better able to handle GPU multitasking.

With a few simple steps, on most setups, you can easily make your games run as fast or faster than in Windows XP under Windows Vista.

This will work on both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista.

Black Panther, May 12, 2019
  4. EsMj Win User

Change Folder Destination access Denied

Thanks.

After following the steps suggested, I get the message "Access denied" in command prompt.

Please advise how to allow permission.

Thema:

1. disabling dwm access denied - Similar Threads - disabling dwm access

2. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access Denied: I receive this message. Access Denied You don't have permission to access "http://www.kingsoopers.com/" on this server.Reference #18.94bf2617.1662145515.2efa39f. The website address has "https:". I have tried different suggestions to fix this but they haven't helped....
  3. Windows update disabled and access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update disabled and access denied: I am trying to check for windows updates and also download apps from the microsoft store but I keep getting an error. The error code on the store is 0x80070422. I have gone on services and tried to set windows update to automatic but it says access denied even though I am the...
  4. Windows update disabled and access denied

Windows update disabled and access denied: I am trying to check for windows updates and also download apps from the microsoft store but I keep getting an error. The error code on the store is 0x80070422. I have gone on services and tried to set windows update to automatic but it says access denied even though I am the...
  5. Windows update disabled and access denied

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Access is denied

Access is denied: I try to get on Fox news website and I get a "access is denied" . how do I fix it? HP laptop w/win 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-is-denied/4cdbc5fa-1e6b-42a6-aa48-1a36f8945e67
  7. Device installed disabled Access denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device installed disabled Access denied: Hello. I did a comprehensive disk cleanup and must have made a mistake. I run Win 10 Pro version 2004 with the latest cumulative updates 2020-08. I cannot connect to my three devices anymore. I cannot print, my HP printer also installed denies suddenly access and I cannot...
  8. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access Denied: I tried to turn on Windows Developer mode and it says "Access Denied". Can I get some help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied/cb69b709-417b-4627-bf8b-c0afe456548a
  9. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access Denied: Until a week or so ago I was able to go to the Argos website, but now I am refused with an Access Denied message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied/ca707c4d-a849-4099-8df1-dbd15ebbeb6d
  10. error when trying to disable DWM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    error when trying to disable DWM: I follow this guide: https://superuser.com/questions/1016...-in-windows-10 Get no answer there. Even i took permissions in Edit and Advanced tab still can't disable dwm, one time it works and second i get this error: https://superuser.com/questions/1424...-terminate-dwm Tried...