Windows 10: disabling Edge and Skype auto-updates in the background when the application isn't open ...

Discus and support disabling Edge and Skype auto-updates in the background when the application isn't open ... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do you prevent Edge and Skype from running their processes in the background, when the app isn't open? I can only assume it is for updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Toa56584, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Toa56584 Win User

disabling Edge and Skype auto-updates in the background when the application isn't open ...

How do you prevent Edge and Skype from running their processes in the background, when the app isn't open?

I can only assume it is for updating purposes, but it gets annoying as I do not use them often, Skype, almost never, after it was changed to the new version, and I stopped being able to, or no longer understood how to, log in to my original, ToaMataNui9 user, it instead redirecting my login to a new, "live.toa56584" or whatever, and a clean slate, lacking any of my contacts and chats I once had, and forcing me to try to rebuild what was lost. On top of it being a less user-friendly ****, and still taking lots of resources to run. only good thing about the new version is the Cortana feature and the options concerning backgrounds, everything else is alien and unhelpful in comparison, and it kinda irks me.

Sorry for the rant.

But if anyone could help me with any of those issues, I would be grateful.

:)

Toa56584, Apr 24, 2019

2. Completely disable skype on startup?

If a Skype application is visible on background process under Task Manager, it's possible that one of your application is automatically signed in upon start up. To prevent this from happening, follow these steps:

To disable start up on Skype

• Open Skype application.
    • Select Tools.
    • Click on Options.
    • Select General settings.
    • Uncheck the Start Skype when I start Windows option.

To log out of Skype preview

• Open Skype preview.
    • Click your profile picture.
    • Select sign out.

Note: You'll need to log back in if you wish to use either of the application.

Let us know if you need further assistance regarding your Skype application.

Darwin Dim, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Apr 24, 2019
  4. disabling Edge and Skype auto-updates in the background when the application isn't open ...

Completely disable skype on startup?

This is factually incorrect for current Skype. This option is unavailable. There appears to be no way to disable Skype from automatically running in the current version of WIndows 10,

I guess Microsoft knows better that we do what is good for us.

Ken Wallewein, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

disabling Edge and Skype auto-updates in the background when the application isn't open ...

1. disabling Edge and Skype auto-updates in the background when the application isn't open ... - Similar Threads - disabling Edge Skype

2. How Can I Disable Auto-Update for Applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Disable Auto-Update for Applications: We operate in Azure and use Remote Desktop to get there. The latest update gives a number of our users display issues. I'm able to find an older version of the application that works fine but I need to find a way to disable it from auto updating....
  3. How Can I Disable Auto-Update for Applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Can I Disable Auto-Update for Applications: We operate in Azure and use Remote Desktop to get there. The latest update gives a number of our users display issues. I'm able to find an older version of the application that works fine but I need to find a way to disable it from auto updating....
  4. Restart application when background auto changes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart application when background auto changes: I have set my current background mode to slideshow. Every 5 minutes the background changes to a random image in a folder. However, I am using a rainmeter widget that depends on the background to be visible the blur is generated off the background, and when the background...
  5. Restart application when background auto changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restart application when background auto changes: I have set my current background mode to slideshow. Every 5 minutes the background changes to a random image in a folder. However, I am using a rainmeter widget that depends on the background to be visible the blur is generated off the background, and when the background...
  6. Background applications auto-closing: how to stop it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background applications auto-closing: how to stop it: On my work laptop (Lenovo yoga C940) I often leave a lot of things running in the background that I plan to come back to. Things like articles in chrome that I want to read later or a simple to-do list in notepad that I can check off as I go. Something seems to be killing...
  7. Skype disabled?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Skype disabled?: I've recently just noticed skype has been disabled in my startup in task manager. Is this something i should be concerned about?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-disabled/e47f7ac9-2a4f-4495-94f6-2782b9d7420a
  8. "Open with" isn't showing certain applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Open with" isn't showing certain applications: I use netbeans to open java files for coding and wanted to check my code in text edit before turning it in. Now I can't switch the files back to netbeans because it isn't showing up in the "open with" tab. submitted by /u/Sigueson [link] [comments]...
  9. Disable This Site is trying to open this application prompt in Edge or Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Disable This Site is trying to open this application prompt in Edge or Chrome: [ATTACH]At times, upon launching an app or a website, the Edge browser may display a prompt, reading ‘This Site is trying to open this application’. […] This article Disable This Site is trying to open this application prompt in Edge or Chrome first appeared on...
  10. disable auto updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    disable auto updates: lots of problems 1903 of all sorts We recommend that you do not attempt to manually update using the Update now button or the Media Creation Tool until a new driver has been installed and the Windows 10, version 1903 feature update has been automatically offered to you....