Windows 10: Disabling edge swipe feature on the touchpad of a laptop running Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Disabling edge swipe feature on the touchpad of a laptop running Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 laptop and a Windows 10 tablet both running Home edition. While the edge swipe feature is quite useful on the tablet, it is a real... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Grangeland, May 18, 2020.

1. Disabling edge swipe feature on the touchpad of a laptop running Windows 10 Home

I have a Windows 10 laptop and a Windows 10 tablet both running Home edition. While the edge swipe feature is quite useful on the tablet, it is a real pain on the laptop especially when it is connected to a large screen display. With only a fairly small area on the touchpad of the laptop, unless I specifically look at where I place my finger on the pad it is far to easy to invoke an edge swipe operation, even when the pointer arrow is in the centre of the screen. Also, when typing, it is fairly easy accidentally to catch a finger on the touchpad and invoke an unwanted operation.

Is there a way to disable this feature on the touchpad in Windows 10 Home? Will Microsoft add a disable option for this feature? If not, then I may have to consider abandoning my laptop or abandoning Windows.

:)

Grangeland, May 18, 2020
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, May 18, 2020
  3. MaxWerner Win User
    Windows 10. How to disable touchpad gestures? (edge swipes)

How to disable the touchpad gestures?

I have four tablet on "Windows
    10 Home", and everywhere one problem.

Gestures are not allowed to use the
    touchpad. Because of this, without
    an external mouse can not do.

Preinstalled standard touchpad/mouse driver from Microsoft.

(Not some sort of Synaptic,
    which driver has a function some disable edge swipes.)

If I kill explorer.exe the problem
    disappears.

How fine a way to disable the touchpad
    gestures? More specifically, disable edge swipes.

MaxWerner, May 18, 2020
  4. djhnsn043 Win User

Disabling edge swipe feature on the touchpad of a laptop running Windows 10 Home

Enable or Disable Edge Swipe on Screen in Windows 10

Hey, I am using a logitech k400 keyboard with touchpad. I have this plugged in as well as a normal keyboard and mouse. I can't get the edge swipe gesture to stop working, regardless of disabling it in gp or registry. Any suggestions?

djhnsn043, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Disabling edge swipe feature on the touchpad of a laptop running Windows 10 Home

1. Disabling edge swipe feature on the touchpad of a laptop running Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Disabling edge swipe

2. swipe feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    swipe feature: I have an Acer swift laptop running on windows 10 and need to disable the swipe feature on my mouse pad. I was kicked out of my last two online Uni exams for accidentally using this because I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing that activates it I have another...
  3. swipe feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    swipe feature: I have an Acer swift laptop running on windows 10 and need to disable the swipe feature on my mouse pad. I was kicked out of my last two online Uni exams for accidentally using this because I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing that activates it I have another...
  4. swipe feature

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. disable edge swipe on bluetooth trackpad

in Windows 10 Customization
    disable edge swipe on bluetooth trackpad: I have a touchscreen tablet running Windows 10 Home 2004 build 19041.572. I have disabled touchscreen edge swipe with a registry key change: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\EdgeUI] "AllowEdgeSwipe"=dword:00000000 I have a basic Bluetooth keyboard...
  6. How to disable Screen Edge Swipe in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Screen Edge Swipe in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Screen Edge Swipe is a great feature that provides you better menu access and control in touch devices. But not every user finds it useful. […] This article How to disable Screen Edge Swipe in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Disable Synaptics touchpad on Vaio Laptop running Windows 10

Disable Synaptics touchpad on Vaio Laptop running Windows 10: I have a Vaio SVE laptop running windows 10. I can't disable the Synaptics touchpad: Synaptics ClickPad v.8.1 on PS/2 port I have the latest driver 09/07/2015 - v.19.0.15.2 From the Pointing Device Properties, I can see that there is a button to Disable Device but it is...
  8. Disable touchpad in Windows 10 Home

Disable touchpad in Windows 10 Home: I can find numerous articles about how to disable the touchpad and none of them work. I would like to disable it when I have a mouse (Logitech) attached. 122665
  9. Disable the right swipe virtual desktop "feature" of windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable the right swipe virtual desktop "feature" of windows 10: This is the most annoying thing in windows 10. When I move my finger to the right on the trackpad, the current window shrinks and I see some virtual desktop. I want that to never happen again. How can I disable this?? Thanks!...
  10. Enable or Disable Edge Swipe on Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Edge Swipe on Screen in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Edge Swipe on Screen in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Screen Edge Swipe in Windows 10 [info]If you Windows 10 PC or device has a touchscreen, you could swipe in from a screen edge to invoke a system UI below. Swipe in from the right...